Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Gameinformer shut down after 35 years. Don't know what it was like for the last couple of years, but I have fond memories of reading the magazines.

Me neither. I honestly didn’t even know they were still going on. The magazines were indeed fun way back in the day. I remember being enamored by all the promotional images they had of Bioshock, Halo 3, Dead Space, and New Vegas. Even the 2nd Tomb Raider trilogy. Fun times.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Gameinformer shut down after 35 years. Don't know what it was like for the last couple of years, but I have fond memories of reading the magazines.

Wow. I still have my copy of a cover they did that had Loghain from Dragon Age among other great vidya characters.

• Like 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I saw that. Sad, but at least that means there’s more time to work on it, and at least the delay isn’t because they’re behind schedule as is usually the case. Just means more polish at this point.

I do have a big backlog, so I’ll get over it. Will give me time to play Deadfire before it comes out. 

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I saw that. Sad, but at least that means there’s more time to work on it, and at least the delay isn’t because they’re behind schedule as is usually the case. Just means more polish at this point.

I do have a big backlog, so I’ll get over it. Will give me time to play Deadfire before it comes out. 

Obsidian gets fucked over alot by deadlines, so I'm glad Microsoft at least is giving them all the time they need 

20 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Say what you will about his writing, but Hideo fucking knows how to direct a shot. I forgot how fucking amazing these cutscenes look XD Alot of war movies don't have this clarity of style.  

For sure. It’s why everyone thinks he really wants to make a movie. XD 

• Haha 1

An old platformer I used to play for the SNES is getting a remake. Don't know about the designs of the main ninjas, but the in-game graphics and sprite is some of the most detailed, seamless, and beautiful I've ever seen. It's like a like a work of art. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

You're still more weeb than me and Colonel combined. Colonel's blackness almost cancels out the weeb but even that's not enough.

I'm Asian, you're a white boy. That makes you a hundred times more weeby. 

@The Good Doctor The Retro Immersive Sim I mentioned by the Prey director is actually a Sci Fi WESTERN; and their using New Vegas as direct line of influence

pi7itn9VPTkjTyWKCUeYAa-650-80.png.webp

ddsYVFMUGkH3vpXf3HusGa-970-80.png

nP2FdELByPJPzy4Na4SE4a-970-80.png

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/the-next-game-from-dishonored-co-creator-raphael-colantonio-is-a-first-person-immersive-sim-with-a-structure-between-prey-and-fallout-new-vegaswere-going-for-density-over-size/

Described as a cross between Prey and Fallout.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@The Good Doctor The Retro Immersive Sim I mentioned by the Prey director is actually a Sci Fi WESTERN; and their using New Vegas as direct line of influence

I was just about to post this. Not even just the Dishonored/Prey director, as there are apparently lots of OG Arkane devs involved in this.

We’ll see how it turns out. Based on the inspirations, it sounds like a dream game. :lol: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I was just about to post this. Not even just the Dishonored/Prey director, as there are apparently lots of OG Arkane devs involved in this.

We’ll see how it turns out. Based on the inspirations, it sounds like a dream game. :lol: 

Mike Gordon (the DOOM composer) is apparently working on the soundtrack too XD A ton of talent.