Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

Just now, Centurion said:

On Xbox Skyrim can hold 4GB of mods, Fallout 4 can hold 2 GB of mods, and Starfield can hold 100 GB…

I saw they added that. I’d say it’s more a condemnation of how Bethesda handled bringing mods to those games than anything else.  

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

John Carpenter, rather then calling it a remake or a remaster, called it a "renovation" which is an apt title in my opinion. They did an amazing job XD

And how awesome is it for JC to compliment your game XD

4 minutes ago, Centurion said:

On Xbox Skyrim can hold 4GB of mods, Fallout 4 can hold 2 GB of mods, and Starfield can hold 100 GB…

Bethesda also knew the assignment 

Provide empty canvas, let someone else make their game

Profit

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

They might have a TOS about using copy-righted material being on the storefront. 

That would be the biggest L ever lol. This would legit be yet another nail in the proverbial coffin for them. Its gonna need a lot of nails to hold back bethesda but still

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s only if the mods cost money, right? Fallout and Skyrim are full of mods using copyrighted content. 

Hopefully. Creative Assembly (the people who do the Total War games) recently added one where you aren't allowed upload things belonging to other IP's, so I've become a little paranoid XD 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Hopefully. Creative Assembly (the people who do the Total War games) recently added one where you aren't allowed upload things belonging to other IP's, so I've become a little paranoid XD 

That would hurt the modding scene pretty badly, I reckon. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

BCE-menu-Bards_College_Expansion.thumb.jpg.cfec78e5fa8d470c2424ba6abe6850c1.jpg

Coming to the Skyrim Marketplace. Looks kind of interesting, though you can probably find an alternative for free. 

There's literally nothing at this point short of an official civil war dlc from Bethesda that could get me to play Skyrim again now after my last perfect playthrough.

And even that is a big maybe.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

BCE-menu-Bards_College_Expansion.thumb.jpg.cfec78e5fa8d470c2424ba6abe6850c1.jpg

Coming to the Skyrim Marketplace. Looks kind of interesting, though you can probably find an alternative for free. 

Every half decent idea they have for Skyrim is squandered by being so many years too late. XD 

No need to buy their mods when better versions have existed for years at this point without any price tag. If they’d released this stuff back in 2013 or so, people probably would’ve bought them up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Every half decent idea they have for Skyrim is squandered by being so many years too late. XD 

No need to buy their mods when better versions have existed for years at this point without any price tag. If they’d don’t this stuff back in 2013 or so, people probably would’ve bought them up. 

Instead we got the two good, but still somewhat "I want more" mid-sized expansions...and the fucking Harvest Moon DLC XD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The TWW community is massive, and the Warhammer world so big, so not really. But I'd imagine it be a huge blow to Beth's. 

That’s what I mean. It won’t hurt TWW at all. But I feel like half the excitement I’ve seen around Starfield has been for its modding potential, usually by people who want to convert it into something other than Starfield. XD 

I remember I mentioned this very concept to them on their forums and on twitter and pete hines was a dick about it to me. Now look at em, pathetic dumb fucks

If they listened to me and did this when skyrim was still hot and not a nostalgic memory from over a DECADE AGO, they'd be in good shape.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

If they listened to me and did this when skyrim was still hot and not a nostalgic memory from over a DECADE AGO, they'd be in good shape.

What sucks is I don’t even have much nostalgia for it at this point. I have nostalgia for loads for peripheral stuff like our RP, or the old Bethesda forums and civil war debates, but Skyrim itself? Very little. Missed potential and freaking Creation Club are usually the first things that come to mind.

I have more nostalgia for Oblivion, and I don’t even think it’s nearly as good of a game. XD 

• Like 2