Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Smart woman. XD 

Have you seen the movie? If so, I wanna talk about it later in Discord, but definitely do not want to spoil it if you haven’t. It’s one you should go into blind. 

No thats why I said out of context lol. Is it on netflix?

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

No thats why I said out of context lol. Is it on netflix?

No. But it is pretty cheap to rent on YouTube, Prime, or Apple TV.  Do yourself a favor and don’t look up anything about it until you get a chance to watch. 

Some really bad Dragon Age impressions coming out.

-No Keep feature. Means no importing your saves from the other games

-World is mission based, no active world space. Apparently it's going to be "more" curated, but someone described a section just being a hallway of monsters you had to kill before being booted back to your stronghold.

-Combat is DMC-esque, and it plays like a more janky version of the new God of War games. Tactical decisions are even more limited then Inquistion. 

-Companions are now playersexual. 

I'll post more bullet points, but WTF. What happened?!

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Might be the most jarring. That has always been one of BioWare’s biggest bragging points. May seem a small thing, but it says a lot about how their priorities have changed. 

At this point I'm surprised there's a game coming out at all lol.

Not really surprised by any of this, sounds like they're going the more Mass Effect 2 route. But even that is wishful thinking.

Inquisition came out what, 2014? Like a decade ago, Im not surprised there's no save carry over either, at that point you need a series reboot.

@Celan You seen "Once Upon a Time in the West"?

It’s been so long for me that I put it next on my watch list. Gonna put it on tonight when I get home from work.

I remember it has one of the most badass bits of dialogue in a western. When Harmonica comes up on the three bandits at the beginning.

Harmonica:  "Did you bring a horse for me?"

Bandit: (laughing) "Looks like we’re shy a horse."

Harmonica:  "You brought two too many."

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

-World is mission based, no active world space. Apparently it's going to be "more" curated, but someone described a section just being a hallway of monsters you had to kill before being booted back to your stronghold.

-Combat is DMC-esque, and it plays like a more janky version of the new God of War games. Tactical decisions are even more limited then Inquistion. 

No thank you.

• Haha 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

18 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Apparently, today is the 6 year anniversary for Bethesda’s TES VI "teaser trailer", which they only released at all because so much time had passed that TES fans were getting antsy.

Remember this thing? XD 

WCCFtheelderscrollsvi.jpg

Some empty rocks and a mountain with nothing on it- must have been made by the Starfield design team. XD 

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Apparently, today is the 6 year anniversary for Bethesda’s TES VI "teaser trailer", which they only released at all because so much time had passed that TES fans were getting antsy.

Remember this thing? XD 

WCCFtheelderscrollsvi.jpg

Todd Howard did a great job making Bethesda's gravesite

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Some more 

-You CAN'T control companions in anyway during battle. They are just AI. (WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?!) 

-Super dodge heavy combat. Positioning is much less important. 

-They brought back THE STUPID DIALOGUE WHEEL. Apparently there's three choices, snarky, nice, and angry (Just like Dragon Age 2) 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

So it’s basically a downgrade from all the other Dragon Age games in pretty much every way?

:rofl: 

I can't. I simply can't fathom how ANYONE thought a combination of all this was a good idea?! 

This is competing against Shadows of the Erdtree. THIS is how Bioware wants the crown again? 

• Haha 1