Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

@Celan @ColonelKillaBee

I’m really liking the look of this. Dialogue, skill checks, leveling, and overall RPG-ness seems very classic Obsidian. They showed off a lot more of that stuff this time around.

Lots of new story details, like the player being an unknown form of Godlike, and info on the setting overall.

They improved combat animations since last showcase and added a third person mode! :D

Magic looks excellent. That spirit walking ability seems like a pretty unique take on invisibility.

Big map zones too. And very pretty, visually. This area reminds me of Blackreach.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@Celan @ColonelKillaBee

I’m really liking the look of this. Dialogue, mechanics, and overall RPG-ness seems very classic Obsidian.

Lots of new story details, like the player being an unknown form of Godlike, and info on the setting overall.

Also, they improved combat animations since last showcase and added a third person mode! :D

Magic looks excellent. That spirit walking ability comes across as very unique for this type of game.

Big map zones too. And very pretty, visually. This area reminds me of Blackreach.

The art style reminds me of a more grounded TESO. Very vibrant; but it dosen't have the super-deformed style of NPC's (which is my biggest problem with TESO XD) Looks really cool! And it'll scratch that TES itch. 

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And it'll scratch that TES itch. 

Eora > Tamriel, to be honest. XD I hope this game does well enough to push the Pillars/Avowed IP into one of the big fantasy mainstays. With what’s happened to Dragon Age and Bethesda in general, we could really use it.

4 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The art style reminds me of a more grounded TESO. Very vibrant; but it dosen't have the super-deformed style of NPC's (which is my biggest problem with TESO XD) Looks really cool! And it'll scratch that TES itch. 

This statement confuses me so much lol

The game looks really good rn actually, and grounded depends on location and dlc

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

This statement confuses me so much lol

The game looks really good rn actually, and grounded depends on location and dlc

The art style reminds me of a more grounded TESO = TESO uses a pretty colorful palette and more cartoony then the base line series. Avowed looks similar to me. 

It dosen't have the super-deformed style of NPC's: TESO's NPC's bodies are very lanky. Very stylized, that I don't think suits TES. 

Does that explain it XD 

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The art style reminds me of a more grounded TESO = TESO uses a pretty colorful palette and more cartoony then the base line series. Avowed looks similar to me. 

It dosen't have the super-deformed style of NPC's: TESO's NPC's bodies are very lanky. Very stylized, that I don't think suits TES. 

Does that explain it XD 

I think you haven’t played eso in a while is all, which is fine, I’m not recommending it besides for the dlc and lore enthusiast unless you want a good war simulator.

But yea the games not like that anymore, hasn’t been for some years now

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I think you haven’t played eso in a while is all, which is fine, I’m not recommending it besides for the dlc and lore enthusiast unless you want a good war simulator.

But yea the games not like that anymore, hasn’t been for some years now

Does the crown shop still exist XD

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Does the crown shop still exist XD

Lol yes, thankfully or I'd have nothing to spend my 40 mil on XD Tho currently Im not playing eso till the skill crafting system they added gets nerfed

Have any of you seen "The Prestige" by Christopher Nolen?

I just watched it, and it is by far his best film, and honestly one of the best movies I’ve seen in general. Hard to talk about why without spoiling it, but consider this a huge recommendation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Have any of you seen "The Prestige" by Christopher Nolen?

I just watched it, and it is by far his best film, and honestly one of the best movies I’ve seen in general. Hard to talk about why without spoiling it, but consider this a huge recommendation.

Yes, really good. edit- Also includes "Rebec" aka Rebecca Hall, albeit in a quite un-Rebec role.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Are they stupid or something? 7 Dollars?! 

1718076657145793.png.863e87f98d3a63137ed2ba3b5ec6c4f7.png

It sure seems like Bethesda's approach to post-release content is now to release it piecemeal as "Creation content" like some shitty MMO cash shop.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

2 hours ago, Celan said:

It sure seems like Bethesda's approach to post-release content is now to release it piecemeal as "Creation content" like some shitty MMO cash shop.

And since Starfield’s entire fanbase (Centurion) has been waiting for DLC, announcing that they’re bringing over their terrible paid mod MTX system first seems like a real slap in the face. 

3 hours ago, Celan said:

Yes, really good. edit- Also includes "Rebec" aka Rebecca Hall, albeit in a quite un-Rebec role.

Yeah, she was great in it. Probably the character I felt most sorry for, because their nonsense was not what she signed up for. XD 

6 hours ago, Celan said:

shitty mmo cash shops have better content 

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, she was great in it. Probably the character I felt most sorry for, because their nonsense was not what she signed up for. XD 

out of context this sounds pretty consistent for Rebec lol

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

out of context this sounds pretty consistent for Rebec lol

It does. :rofl: But I’m pretty sure that our Rebec would’ve had a good enough head on her shoulders to stay faaaar away from the events of this movie. XD 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It does. :rofl: But I’m pretty sure that our Rebec would’ve had a good enough head on her shoulders to stay faaaar away from the events of this movie. XD 

I need a gif of Rebec walking into a room with Baldur and Ragna chanting with magic runes in the air, and Rebec walks out immediately.

Edit- I meant Mila but that works too lol, throw all three in.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee
  • Haha 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I need a gif of Rebec walking into a room with Baldur and Ragna chanting with magic runes in the air, and Rebec walks out immediately.

Smart woman. XD 

Have you seen the movie? If so, I wanna talk about it later in Discord, but definitely do not want to spoil it if you haven’t. It’s one you should go into blind.