Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think Doom had the best trailer, but I’m not as into that series as some of the others here.

Me either though as always game looks great will probably have the normal black magic they pull on it so it can run path tracing at good fps on your toaster.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Avowed is the one I’m most excited for

I'm excited as well, I sadly can't get into POE the Real time combat isn't for me and I don't like how super slow the turn based option in two is so this will hopefully be my way to experience the world they've created. I can't wait to see character creation.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ll need to see some gameplay for Gears, but yeah, both of these were good. E-Day has a lot of potential.

I think Doom had the best trailer, but I’m not as into that series as some of the others here.

Avowed is the one I’m most excited for, followed by MGS.

Lol its just me n Balrog XD I grew up on Doom, and the games they made are a full package and then some, extraordinarily well done so I personally highly recommend it, to anyone that might be entertained by devastating the demon population of hell ._.

And some uppity treacherous angels lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Lol its just me n Balrog XD I grew up on Doom, and the games they made are a full package and then some, extraordinarily well done so I personally highly recommend it, to anyone that might be entertained by devastating the demon population of hell ._.

And some uppity treacherous angels lol.

I played 2016 and felt like it nailed what it was going for. I think it’s just that the Hell environments kinda started to get draining for me eventually, almost like spending too much time at the club as an introvert. XD 

But I totally get the appeal. Why I said that I think it had the best trailer. Not the most appealing to me, but the best at appealing to the people Doom is made for. Which is exactly what a trailer should do. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I played 2016 and felt like it nailed what it was going for. I think it’s just that the Hell environments kinda started to get draining for me eventually, almost like spending too much time at the club as an introvert. XD 

But I totally get the appeal. Why I said that I think it had the best trailer. Not the most appealing to me, but the best at appealing to the people the game is aimed at. Which is exactly what a trailer should do. 

I guess Im just surprised cause I thought it'd be right up your alley as a Halo fan especially, its got that feel ironically since halo also was majorly inspired gameplay wise by doom despite the pace being totally different.

So Halo borrowed from doom then doom borrowed again from halo and just made both series much much better. 

Doom Guy feels like master chief in the best ways. Like, if Halo 2 master chief in the cutscenes, was how you felt in the games.

• Like 1

My bad, The Doom Slayer. Gotta say that shit RIGHT

My only concern is the music, was unfortunate how that went down last time with Mick Gordon, which turned out to be his unprofessionalism. 

@Celan Im about to play new vegas again and was thinking about why it was better than fallout 4 base, and the first thing that came to mind was, FNV has 100 percent more strippers/whores. Which to be fair, FNV also doesnt have Cait so it kinda balances out but I digress.

I wanna know, what do you get up to in Gomorrah and what do you think of the bitches.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I guess Im just surprised cause I thought it'd be right up your alley as a Halo fan especially

I think it’s a tone and atmosphere thing. Doom is more focused on giving you many flavors of badass metal hell raising. It’s rarely not dialed all the way up to 10.

Halo’s variation casts a wider net. You get your badass action movie sections, tense and dreadful sections, slow and serene -even beautiful- sections, lots of melancholy in Reach, etc. Between jumping on the backs of scarabs to sick guitar riffs, I sometimes find Halo downright relaxing to play. It gives more room to breathe, if that makes sense, whereas Dune kind of exhausts me, like if 90% of Halo was one of the crazy scarab sequences.

And that’s not at all a dig at Dune. It absolutely excels and thrives with what it does, and I enjoyed it a lot in small bursts.

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think it’s a tone and atmosphere thing. Doom is more focused on giving you many flavors of badass metal hell raising. It’s rarely not dialed all the way up to 10.

Halo’s variation casts a wider net. You get your badass action movie sections, tense and dreadful sections, slow and serene -even beautiful- sections, lots of melancholy in Reach, etc. Between jumping on the backs of scarabs to sick guitar riffs, I sometimes find Halo downright relaxing to play. It gives more room to breathe, if that makes sense, whereas Dune kind of exhausts me, like if 90% of Halo was one of the crazy scarab sequences.

And that’s not at all a dig at Dune. It absolutely excels and thrives with what it does, and I enjoyed it a lot in small bursts.

Thats what your base is for bro, you can relax and smell the roses there, even play the old doom games there or just chill and listen to music.

You mean the actual gameplay of course but I think thats actually what made Doom Eternal better imo. That first one from 2016 I'd agree but this one improved upon it which I honestly didnt think was possible. 

If you havent played Eternal I'd give it a shot, I do think they address this issue. 

That said yea Halo is as you described but I think enough is here in Eternal especially that you'd be surprised at how similar they've become.

• Thanks 1

I would say that overall I agree with you in the difference between the two. Doom at the worst exhausts me at times true, and Halo at its worst bores me at times. At their best tho what makes them both exciting is pretty similar. Hell they even both have the guitar riffs lol. 

• Like 1

I don’t get bored of Halo, easily. And when I do, it’s usually not because of the slower paced moments; those Gregorian choirs fuel me. XD 

But with what you’ve said of Eternal, I’ll likely give it a go someday. It’s just very much the kind of game that I’d need to be in the specific mood for. 

23 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t get bored of Halo, easily. And when I do, it’s usually not because of the slower paced moments; those Gregorian choirs fuel me. XD 

But with what you’ve said of Eternal, I’ll likely give it a go someday. It’s just very much the kind of game that I’d need to be in the specific mood for. 

Ask Balrog, that game's jam packed with content. They did with it what witcher did between 2 and 3. The jump between the two is pretty big in how good it is.

I personally can't see you picking that game up and not loving it pretty quickly regardless of the mood, tho I do know you prefer more slow paced methodical combat.

This isn't that for certain, slow paced gets you killed.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

On that note, I think it's time. I hate that it's come to this, but I think I am finally ready.

I guess I'll kill my slaver raider buddies in Nuka World now that I am a Sentinel. Sniff.

"Think about the rabbits, Mason. We’ll get a little alfalfa field for the rabbits, that’s right… just think about the rabbits…

:AdVictoriam:"

*gunshot*

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

"Think about the rabbits, Mason. We’ll get a little alfalfa field for the rabbits, that’s right… just think about the rabbits…

:AdVictoriam:"

*gunshot*

He was the first I killed lol, one in both legs, his arm so he dropped his gun, then his head. Great way for me to test the grim reaper perk lol.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

He was the first I killed lol, one in both legs, his arm so he dropped his gun, then his head. Great way for me to test the grim reaper perk lol.

The shootout with his goons is probably one of the tougher in the game (at least so far as anything in late game FO4 can be called "tough" XD ). There are a ton of them and they’ve got really good weapons. 

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Was pretty trivial when youve got maxed out X-01 sentinel power armor lol and a jet pack

"At least so far as anything in late game FO4 can be called "tough" XD"

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Actually the operators were a good deal tougher, mainly because they had a house with tight quarters and both siblings and that crazy bitch lizzy are chucking MIRV grenades xD 

Maybe I got lucky. When I last wiped out both, I remember the Operators being easy because I just cleared them out room-by-room, whereas the Pack all opened fire at once.

But makes sense if you were using power armor. Operators use higher damage rifles, so they’d hit you harder. Pact have more DPS and concentrated fire, which is rougher on a non-power armor user.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

No joke I might actually get it

Same with the other one since I have time

MGSV would probably be a good entry for a newcomer. It has some silly elements, but is a lot more grounded. It's consistently more gritty then alot of modern shooters. The super polished infiltration system is something to be-hold. You can approach missions anyway you want, and the game very often accounts for tiny gameplay decisions. 

As for the Remake, this shit is really cool.

The gameplay looks so polished. 

• Like 3