Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If I was gonna vote for a Metal Gear character, how could it be for anyone other than Senator Armstrong?

metal-gear-rising-metal-gear-rising-reve

Solidus: Do you know what day it is Jack?" 

Raiden: April 30th? 

Solidus: "That's right. George Washington took office as the first president of the United States of America 200 years ago today. And it happened right here. We were going to declare another independence -- the dawn of a new nation -- here. The end of the Patriots' secret rule, liberation of this country -- this was where it was supposed to begin, this is where freedom could have been born. Jack, listen to me. We're all born with an expiration date. No one lasts forever. Life is nothing but a grace period -- for turning our genetic material into the next generation. The data of life is transferred from parent to child. That's how it works. But we have no heirs, no legacy. Cloned from our father with the ability to reproduce conveniently engineered out. What is our legacy if we cannot pass the torch? Proof of our existence --a mark of some sort. When the torch is passed on from parent to child... It extends beyond DNA, information is imparted as well. All I want is to be remembered. By other people, by history. The Patriots are trying to protect their power, their own interests, by controlling the digital flow of information. I want my memory, my existence to remain. Unlike an intron of history, I will be remembered as an exon. That will be my legacy, my mark on history. But the Patriots would deny us even that, I will triumph over the Patriots, and liberate us all. And we will become the "Sons of Liberty"!

• Haha 2

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Solidus: Do you know what day it is Jack?" 

Raiden: April 30th? 

Solidus: "That's right. George Washington took office as the first president of the United States of America 200 years ago today. And it happened right here. We were going to declare another independence -- the dawn of a new nation -- here. The end of the Patriots' secret rule, liberation of this country -- this was where it was supposed to begin, this is where freedom could have been born. Jack, listen to me. We're all born with an expiration date. No one lasts forever. Life is nothing but a grace period -- for turning our genetic material into the next generation. The data of life is transferred from parent to child. That's how it works. But we have no heirs, no legacy. Cloned from our father with the ability to reproduce conveniently engineered out. What is our legacy if we cannot pass the torch? Proof of our existence --a mark of some sort. When the torch is passed on from parent to child... It extends beyond DNA, information is imparted as well. All I want is to be remembered. By other people, by history. The Patriots are trying to protect their power, their own interests, by controlling the digital flow of information. I want my memory, my existence to remain. Unlike an intron of history, I will be remembered as an exon. That will be my legacy, my mark on history. But the Patriots would deny us even that, I will triumph over the Patriots, and liberate us all. And we will become the "Sons of Liberty"!

This series is freaking wild. :rofl: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This series is freaking wild. :rofl: 

It gets better XD

"Jack, it's not power I want. What I want is to take back from the Patriots are things like -- freedom, civil rights, opportunities. The founding principles of this country. Everything that's about to be wiped out by their digital censorship!"

Pretty prophetic don't you think XD

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Between him and Armstrong trying to end war and corporatism so Americans learn to think for themselves again, I’m wondering if Raiden is the bad guy. XD 

Well, Solidus is his "step-father"; as in, his child soldier unit commander, so that parts a little bit understandable for Raiden wanting him dead XD As for Armstrong, he was bank-rolling an extremely sinister PMC company that does stuff like kidnap war orphans, train them to be child-soldiers, and put them in robot bodies as expendable, but deadly shock troopers  XD

Most of the villains in Metal Gear actually have pretty reasonable/benevolent motivations; their morals just get torn to shreds when fighting an impossible enemy like the Patriots, and they result to very extreme measures. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Nobark spoke more truth than CNN's entire history

No Bark is a scholar and a gentleman.

The damage control on the Taps thing is that supposedly Biden was turning to "honor the living troops." Never mind that Taps is played to honor the dead. It was probably time for his pudding cup.

• Haha 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

I made a politics thread, feel free to ignore it as you will.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I imagine if this is a failure, EA is going to take them out back. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Celan said:

That's fucked :rofl: It really is fucked though. In Rocksteady's case, apparently Warner Brothers already greenlite another project for them (Hogwart's Legacy Director's Cut), so there not in any threat of being shuttered. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog Is the multiplayer in MGSV any good?

Not very active (unlike the FOB attacks, which you'll unlock in a couple missions) but fun from what I remember. XD It's quite tactical, incorporates stealth, and you can get points by eliminating people non-lethally XD