Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

They're showing alot of indie games, but it's the hipster ones; not the retro throwbacks I like XD

It’s sad, but I know exactly what you mean by that without even tuning in. XD 

The Blumhouse Studios thing you posted seems promising, though.

Then they better step up their game by the end of the week. Because right now, it’s downright embarrassing that Microsoft has acquired so many top level developers yet has more studio closures to show for it than actual decent games.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Then they better step up their game by the end of the week. Because right now, it’s downright embarrassing that Microsoft has acquired so many top level developers yet has more studio closures to show for it than actual decent games.

There conference is apparently two hours, so hopefully we'll get some good reveals XD 

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The Dune game is set in an alternate universe where Paul was never born, and Duke Leto survived the purge. 

On its face, I kinda like this idea. Basing the game on a "What-If" seems like a solid a way to play with the world of Dune without stepping on the toes of the actual canon.

I just hope they actually utilize that premise well instead of pulling a "Shadow of Mordor" by making tons of other things wrong too. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

On its face, I kinda like this idea. Basing the game on a "What-If" seems like a solid a way to play with the world of Dune without stepping on the toes of the actual canon.

I just hope they actually utilize that premise well instead of pulling a "Shadow of Mordor" by making tons of other things wrong too. 

I liked the trailer.

• Thanks 1

Especially since Dune is all about following one of many different potential threads of fate. The entire book, as well as the recent movies, is Paul analyzing a series of "what-ifs" and trying to steer towards the one he thinks is best. 

Seems particularly appropriate for this series, from a thematic standpoint. "What if Jessica obeyed her orders and had a daughter?" That question has loads of storytelling potential. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I liked the trailer.

Ehh…

Funny, I typed my last post before watching this and it’s kinda funny that my comment about Jessica was almost 1:1 in the narration. :rofl: 

I don’t really love that it’s presented as the game’s timeline being the "only one" where Paul saw a future without the Jihad. Feels a little too self-important on the writers’ part. Still, the overall premise is one I think has potential. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Geoff is one hundred percent putting the FROM annoucment at the very end. Clever bastard. 

"We are proud to announce that FromSoft will be partnering with Microsoft’s own Bethesda Softworks to incorporate their fan favorite Creation Club™ into Elden Ring!"

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

"We are proud to announce that FromSoft will be partnering with Microsoft’s own Bethesda Softworks to incorporate their fan favorite Creation Club™ into Elden Ring!"

Todd wouldn't have the pride to put the better game even in his overpriced modder DLC XD

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

What was the lie? Did he say Capcom would be there?

Nah FROMSOFT. Capcom was there to show off Street Fighter, and Monster Hunter stuff. 

There also making a Pikmen -esque game set in Japanese mythology that looks cool. 

16 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Nah FROMSOFT. Capcom was there to show off Street Fighter, and Monster Hunter stuff. 

They’re also making a Pikmen -esque game set in Japanese mythology that looks cool. 

As soon as I read your post I knew they weren’t showing lol, they have a habit of not coming when expected

phrasing

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

15 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

What’s great about this is that it is 100% in character for both of them. Tucker would be willing to interview Caesar if promised safe passage, and Caesar would absolutely love to sit down with a history major who he can ramble to for an hour as justification for his war crimes. XD 

Also, he’s right about Nipton. That town did deserve it. :cross::P 

• Haha 1