Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m not watching that, but yes, DM is the best. XD 

"No one will bad mouth FNV.... NOBODY!"

I enjoyed it lol twas funny :p

dude really loves old world blues lol

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

What a moron. 

I can agree about the long monologues in the DLCs but those are some of the best designed DLCs of all time. This guy should be ashamed to be so casual.

• Haha 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

1 hour ago, Celan said:

I can agree about the long monologues in the DLCs 

Funny thing, that’s only in the three Chris Avellone DLCs, not Honest Hearts. Chris talks about why that is during a System Shock Kickstarter stream he did years back.

He very much agrees about the long monologues being excessive. According to him, it was his response to pressure from higher up (can’t remember if he said it was Obsidian or Bethesda) that he needed to explain his stories more clearly, because apparently there was some backlash over parts of New Vegas’ base game being too difficult for players to understand.

Basically, frontloading so much info was a mandated concession to appease stupid people. Which sucks. 

Stream is worth a listen if any of y’all ever have a couple hours. Was surprised by how much Avellone was willing to poke fun at his own work. Reminded me of the Halo 2 behind the scenes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Celan said:

What a moron. 

I can agree about the long monologues in the DLCs but those are some of the best designed DLCs of all time. This guy should be ashamed to be so casual.

Agreed lol but you'd be surprised at how bad players suck and struggled with FNV lolol

28 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Funny thing, that’s only in the three Chris Avellone DLCs, not Honest Hearts. Chris talks about why that is during a System Shock Kickstarter stream he did years back.

He very much agrees about the long monologues being excessive. According to him, it was his response to pressure from higher up (can’t remember if he said it was Obsidian or Bethesda) that he needed to explain his stories more clearly, because apparently there was some backlash over parts of New Vegas’ base game being too difficult for players to understand.

Basically, frontloading so much info was a mandated concession to appease stupid people. Which sucks. 

Stream is worth a listen if any of y’all ever have a couple hours. Was surprised by how much Avellone was willing to poke fun at his own work. Reminded me of the Halo 2 behind the scenes.

For what its worth I enjoyed the long monologues. Sometimes people need to stop n smell the roses.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

For what its worth I enjoyed the long monologues. Sometimes people need to stop n smell the roses.

I enjoyed them because the dialogue was good and well written. Especially Elijah’s. But as far as pacing goes, some of it could’ve been split up better. Particularly the Think Tank with nearly all of their dialogue being front loaded into a opening monologue that lasts an hour if you listen to it all. 

I enjoyed it too much to care lol, idk, I never sat there thinking man this takes too long. Especially since there's speech checks n such and I usually play as a high speech user with certain other skill checks in the dialogue, love those.

Whats the point in making characters like those if people just blast through the dialogue, I invest in these perks so I can give answers similar to myself irl.

• Like 1

Just finished playing through America Rising (enclave) and it was actually dope. I liked the amount of choice imbedded in the faction. It seamlessly fits into the game and is fully integrated into the main quest. The Enclave actually feels real and fleshed out. But also there’s multiple points where you can make enemies with them, make a choice that affects the outcomes etc. like the 2 biggest points the change things is 1. Choosing who leads the faction and 2. Choosing how to deal with the Institute. It was really engaging and I don’t think I’ll ever be taking AM2 out of my load order.

• Like 2

Fuck:dntknw:

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Just finished playing through America Rising (enclave) and it was actually dope. I liked the amount of choice imbedded in the faction. It seamlessly fits into the game and is fully integrated into the main quest. The Enclave actually feels real and fleshed out. But also there’s multiple points where you can make enemies with them, make a choice that affects the outcomes etc. like the 2 biggest points the change things is 1. Choosing who leads the faction and 2. Choosing how to deal with the Institute. It was really engaging and I don’t think I’ll ever be taking AM2 out of my load order.

And just compare that to The Creation club version Beth shat out XD

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Is this in the game or is it an AI voice reading the Stoics?

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

31 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

*Execs were having dreams about the game being a billion dollar franchises* 

There is "out of touch" and then there is "totally freaking delusional". 

Thinking you can make a billion dollars off a game that was intentionally designed to piss off the IP’s core fanbase is very much the latter.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And just compare that to The Creation club version Beth shat out XD

Funnily enough, AM2 released a patch that “integrates” the creation club stuff into the mod lol

• Haha 2

Fuck:dntknw: