Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Totally wrong, she's basically super human. There's a reason she's able to wield godly artifacts, including Mjolnir which no doesnt have the marvel rules. With or without her guns tools and kit she's easily stomping graham.

I don’t know where you’re getting that from. Lara doesn’t inherently have any super powers. She’s just a clever acrobatic explorer who is good with her pistols. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t know where you’re getting that from. Lara doesn’t inherently have any super powers. She’s just a clever acrobatic explorer who is good with her pistols. 

Bro the games got crazy, and people have been talking about her and her abilities to see who she can beat for a long long time. Her vs Thor was a popular one because of the mjolnir thing. Not just games but comics and such too. The movies and reboot games are why people underplay her so you'd really gotta also clarify Which Lara Croft you mean

Peak Lara Croft tho could be an Avenger

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Bro the games got crazy, and people have been talking about her and her abilities to see who she can beat for a long long time. Her vs Thor was a popular one because of the mjolnir thing. Not just games but comics and such too. The movies and reboot games are why people underplay her so you'd really gotta also clarify Which Lara Croft you mean

I never even played a single tomb raider and yet this still makes me feel bad for the oldschool fans. Lara Croft keeps getting turned into everything she wasn't in the first games :rofl:

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Its also worth noting she may have god on her side too lol she found a literal stairway to heaven

I’m not including anything like that, for obvious reasons. XD I’m just taking base Lara Croft, like she is when you’re playing some middle level in TR2, exploring tombs, hiding behind pillars, and running from lions and such. 

Melee isn’t really a big focus in the original TR games, and in the newer ones, Lara typically relies on stealth and ambushes when she gets in close. Fist fights are not really her forte. 

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I never even played a single tomb raider and yet this still makes me feel bad for the oldschool fans. Lara Croft keeps getting turned into everything she wasn't in the first games :rofl:

Lol well to be fair they were going for realism and grittiness over 90s awesomeness which is a typical thing nowadays

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I’m not including anything like that, for obvious reasons. XD I’m just taking base Lara Croft, like she is when you’re playing some middle level in TR2, exploring tombs, hiding behind pillars, and running from lions and such. 

Melee isn’t really a big focus in the original TR games, and in the newer ones, Lara typically relies on stealth and ambushes when she gets in close. Fist fights are not really her forte. 

Even base lara croft killed a friggin trex lol, and pushes egyptian stone blocks 

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That’s why I gave round 3 to Lara, because that’s the only one where she’s "peak".  She wouldn’t have the hammer or any of that in rounds 1 or 2. 

Joshua Graham got that dog in him, certainly but we also gotta ask is this peak graham or the burned one. The burned one is definitely not surviving against her in hand to hand combat.

pushes egyptian stone blocks

Somehow this instantly reminds me of that one Samurai Jack episode where Jack gets his ass beat by egyptian demigods.

Which does make me think, Jack vs ridiculous op lara croft who wins?

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Didn't Laura kill a Trex? That's one hell of a feat

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Even base lara croft killed a friggin trex lol, and pushes egyptian stone blocks 

• Haha 1

By shooting it a lot. Graham could’ve killed the Trex as well. 

But true enough on the stones. She has bizarre pushing strength. XD However, it doesn’t translate to her melee fighting. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

By shooting it a lot. Graham could’ve killed the Trex as well. 

But true enough on the stones. She has bizarre pushing strength. XD However, it doesn’t translate to her melee fighting. 

it does when you remember she's trained in martial arts

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Lol well to be fair they were going for realism and grittiness over 90s awesomeness which is a typical thing nowadays

To be honest, "realistic" Lara of the 2010s has the highest body count by far. XD Because they wanted to make an Uncharted Esq action game instead of a slower exploration/puzzle solving game. 

There are not very many human enemies in TR1 at all. But the ones who are there do give Lara trouble. 

it does when you remember she's trained in martial arts

No, I mean it literally doesn’t in the gameplay. OG Lara is exclusively a gunfighter. She never fights with the strength of the hulk even though her puzzle solving block pushing would suggest that she should. :P 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

No, I mean it literally doesn’t in the gameplay. OG Lara is exclusively a gunfighter. She never fights with the strength of the hulk even though her puzzle solving block pushing would suggest that she should. :P 

Neither does graham lol in any of his lore, but it is in her lore. You gotta take away and scale her down a lot to make this a fair fight for graham and assume she's just a 130 pound weak chick but she's like Beatrix Kiddo tough

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Which does make me think, Jack vs ridiculous op lara croft who wins?

Jack wins with zero effort.

His "water drop" feat in the bounty hunter episode puts him above basically anyone who doesn’t have super speed or insane durability. 

• Like 1

Neither does graham lol in any of his lore, but it is in her lore. You gotta take away and scale her down a lot to make this a fair fight for graham and assume she's just a 130 pound weak chick but she's like Beautrix Kiddo tough

I already stated how I think Graham’s lore helps him. He trained the best melee fighting force in the wasteland, and in gameplay can beat down loads of tribals with the butt of his gun.

In-game, both classic Lara and modern Lara struggles with melee unless she’s ambushing. It’s only the "middle" Lara from the Legends trilogy who is the exception to this, but I should’ve clarified that I was asking about classic Lara. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I already stated how I think Graham’s lore helps him. He trained the best melee fighting force in the wasteland, and in gameplay can beat down loads of tribals with the butt of his gun.

In-game, both classic Lara and modern Lara struggles with melee unless she’s ambushing. It’s only the "middle" Lara from the Legends trilogy who is the exception to this, but I should’ve clarified that I was asking about classic Lara. 

those guys have gun fists xD 

• Haha 1

I love graham to death, dude's story got me back into christianity lol in a way, but my money is still on lara in all categories, post hoover dam battle. Pre hoover dam might be a different story.

• Like 1