Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

On the topic of games, I just purchased the original three Fallout games on Steam… Problem is that I don’t have anything that can actually run them currently. XD 

But I’ve been thinking about getting one of those OLED Steam Decks. Can’t run Tactics, but it can run the first two.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

On the topic of games, I just purchased the original three Fallout games on Steam… Problem is that I don’t have anything that can actually run them currently. XD 

But I’ve been thinking about getting one of those OLED Steam Decks. Can’t run Tactics, but it can run the first two.

I'd highly recommend getting a steam deck. You don't have to set them up nearly as much as a regular PC, and they great modability if you do want to customize stuff. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I'd highly recommend getting a steam deck. You don't have to set them up nearly as much as a regular PC, and they great modability if you do want to customize stuff. 

I wanted to a while ago, but decided to wait for them to iron out the kinks and release some better versions. Looks like they have by now, so I might finally pull the trigger on it soon.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

One of my cousins have a bunch of models and won't stop preaching about them XD The only reason I don't is because I'm not a huge fan of handhelds these days 

I’d probably connect it to my TV when at home, but I do like the idea of having it available for travels as well.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Unpopular opinion, this is more honest and acceptable than what diablo immortal and other pay to lose games do lol, with their rigged gambling system for buying cosmetics. Or, fucking gem enchants lol

edit: both are shit tier of course

Edited by ColonelKillaBee
  • Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Funnily enough my fatass coworker who stinks and is a slob is named Austin lmao and has a steam deck xD 

Damn, bro. Thanks for the reality check.

Maybe I’ll just buy a new banjo instead. Or some ammo. Or go for a jog. Finish my degree. Do something good with my life. XD 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

xD Ngl seeing him play that steam all day every day and get feet injuries just from walking a bit around the hospital definitely turned me off from getting one

Jokes aside, I wouldn’t be able to do that even if I wanted to. Which I don’t. XD 

Probably make more sense to just get a PC since I’d mostly just leave it at home anyway. I just really don’t want to deal with the headache and time investment.

8 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You don't have to build a PC to get one. I personally would never buy a gimped PC that doesn't do anything but play games. Then again I use my desktop for school and stuff.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

2 minutes ago, Celan said:

You don't have to build a PC to get one. I personally would never buy a gimped PC that doesn't do anything but play games. Then again I use my desktop for school and stuff.

This is true, but if you want a pre built, good gaming PC, it's still going to be quite a bit more expensive then a steam deck. 

Just now, Celan said:

I’ve already got a computer that I use for other stuff, but I want to keep it separate from gaming.

The thing that got me interested in the Deck is its low price and ease of use. I have a hard time justifying the money it costs to get a proper gaming rig that I might have to spend hours learning how to set up and optimize.