Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

25 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

@TheCzarsHussar My favorite is the ghoul but Im curious which you think it is lol.

Us and Balrog were talking about the Fallout show on Discord yesterday and I mentioned you and I disagreed on Maximus. That you liked him and I hated him.

But I also said the Ghoul was your favorite so Czar must’ve misheard me. Probably because my reception was ass for half the call. XD 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I dont think he did anything treasonous tbh lol, if anyone was treasonous it was Titus or whatever.

They both were.

Titus for going off-mission and trying to get his Squire killed.

Maximus for going rogue and impersonating a Knight, stealing his power armor instead of reporting the death when directly asked, lying to his superiors multiple times, destroying his comms to avoid questioning, trying to murder a Squire, and going off-mission and attempting to desert in Vault 4. He also broke the Chain that Binds by giving orders to someone who he wasn’t a direct superior to under false pretenses, which is the law which Elder McNamara can get demoted for violating in New Vegas. 

Posted (edited)

I dont find that treasonous, in fact i find it to be the kind of thing that group of BoS encourages with their ideology and how they move up in rank. It promotes ambitious individuals so long as in the end they are successful in seeking and meeting BoS goals and interests.

In fact the way I saw it I thought they were setting up Maximus to be a pretty big and influential member of the BoS, with the rest being simply their idea of what Fallout humor is.

edit: only part of this I can see is Vault 4 but it was an obvious theme of that episode to show the temptation of staying underground vs pursuing life and risking the outside world and if its worth it. In the end he chose to risk it for whats her face because he thought she was in danger. Treasonous maybe but meh, not a big deal to me. The rest tho nah I dont agree at all.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

The fact that the treasons get handwaved afterwards behind closed doors after he lied doesn’t make him non-treasonous. Maximus’ whole reason for lying so much was because he knew half the shit he was doing violated the rules and would get him executed. He also never admitted to trying to murder Thaddeus, which is about as treasonous as it gets (the Elder even claims to value loyalty between comrades, which is why he spared Maximus on the word of Dane).

Besides, Maximus abandons the mission twice over, first by attempting to desert in Vault 4, giving them his armor, then again at the end of the season before getting knocked out and bumbling into an unearned promotion. He did not seek the Brotherhood’s interests at those points and in fact actively tried to oppose them.

Don’t really care if some of the times he was written as a traitor were for humor’s sake. It still happened.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’m not saying that it’s not treasonous because it was handwaved, I’m saying that the way they operate practically encourages ambitious behavior, ever since Maxson himself took over, who was also very ambitious

edit: that it’s all handwaved in the first place supports my point. 

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

Maxson also never took over, unless you just mean became leader of the DC chapter. He’s just an Elder, same as Elijah or McNamara. The High Elder is still in California, as far as we know.

And a shit ton of what Maximus did had nothing to do with Titus being a pussy. Maximus actively tried to defect with Titus’ power armor. He took the armor from the Brotherhood, then attempted to settle down in a vault with Lucy while handing over the Brotherhood’s suit to the vault dwellers, who presumably still have it.

Then he went back out to get the cold fusion tech, not to hand it to the BoS, but to hand it to Moldaver so Lucy can get her dad back and and the three of them can go back to Vault 33 and make a life together.

They just got unlucky because Thaddeus called the BoS first, at which point Maximus gave Lucy the cold fusion tech that he was meant to be claiming for the BoS and told her to run away with it, then lied to the BoS about what happened to give her time to reach Moldaver.

He’s a traitor in every sense of the word. Just because he successfully tricked the dumbass Elder into believing his falsified version of events doesn’t mean he didn’t betray them many times over. He wasn’t even ambitious in the end; he was trying to desert, got caught in the act, lied his way out of trouble, and then stumbled into a promotion because the Elder is a moron. 

Oh the Maxson thing, regardless of his status, its clear that that is the turning point for Bethesda as far as how theyre characterizing the BoS from this point on. Even though its not his specific chapter we're seeing in the show overall, Titus I believe being the only one from his chapter, its still in my opinion operating on the same mindset that Maxson is. Just based on how they handled Maximus. "To the victor goes the spoils, might makes right," etc etc. Very martial.

59 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I will agree to disagree, I dont even come close to seeing it as yall do, which is of course fine. I guess my morals are looser lol

I’m not judging him based on morals. Frankly, this chapter of the BoS deserve all the treason they can get. I don’t think betraying them makes him a bad person; I’m just pointing out that it’s absolutely what he did. There’s no getting around him giving Lucy the cold fusion and telling her to run. It may have been the right thing to do, but it was 100% treason.

If I was gonna go after Maximus morally, I’d lean more into his treatment and attempted murder of Thaddeus and the time he tried to doom a peaceful refugee settlement by stealing their power supply. XD 

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Heard very mixed impressions of Hellblade 2. Apparently it's even more of a walking Sim than the first game.

I started getting worried when Microsoft basically refused to market the game at all. Feels like it is expected to fail. Hope that’s not the case, and that it’s actually great, but I haven’t heard anything reassuring yet. 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m not judging him based on morals. Frankly, this chapter of the BoS deserve all the treason they can get. I don’t think betraying them makes him a bad person; I’m just pointing out that it’s absolutely what he did. There’s no getting around him giving Lucy the cold fusion and telling her to run. It may have been the right thing to do, but it was 100% treason.

If I was gonna go after Maximus morally, I’d lean more into his treatment and attempted murder of Thaddeus and the time he tried to doom a peaceful refugee settlement by stealing their power supply. XD 

Ok then a better question is, why do you care xD If they deserve treason in your eyes. I wouldn't disagree but I would suggest that their rigid society and methods demand that their leaders be ambitious. Its almost designed for them to be like Maximus, which is why I was saying it wasn't treason it was demanded by what they consider to be strong individuals, and independent. 

Basically it as usual between us, boils down to semantics lol. 

That was the only moment I agree was a low point for Maximus lol, as far as me judging his character is concerned. And maybe the goons checking his armor, I'd've opened fire on them immediately.

Im playin fallout 4 still and gotta say unlike new vegas, this game would be unplayable for me without mods lol

Ive changed the game so much lmao. It is fun! And a great game with great guns! With mods xD

Meanwhile fallout new vegas there was only a handful of mods I felt like I needed, and all of them were roleplay immersion stuff.

Definitely gonna make a playthrough of that when Im done here. 

That said, I genuinely love Nuka World lol.

Fallout_4_Screenshot_2024.05.20_-_14.29.Fallout_4_Screenshot_2024.05.20_-_14.30.Fallout_4_Screenshot_2024.05.20_-_14.48.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ok then a better question is, why do you care xD

To back up Balrog’s point. XD 

I both hate Maximus as a person and think he’s a crap character for loads of reasons, but the plain fact that he’s a traitor is not really one of them. At least not on its own. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Speaking of, that’s a baller coat. XD 

Thank you lmao. Both the guns and clothes in this game are majorly lacking. No flavour, no character. Except Maxsons coat.

This one's obviously based off his but a mix between it and a duster, and no fur lining. I wanted something unique but still "world war" esque since my boy nate's not a ranger or cowboy (sadly), he's a soldier.

I know you're not gonna play this again lol and dont blame you but can dig up the mod if you like.

• Like 1