Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

1 minute ago, Celan said:

What throws me off is that they say "appliance" bulbs. I knew this was a loophole but are these going to explode in my Target lamp?

This whole business is so absurd.

For what it’s worth, the last image on Amazon shows them in normal desk lamps and house fixtures. But I haven’t bought or used any so no promises.

Agreed. Banning something for "inefficiency" is absurd. As if we shouldn’t be able to make that decision on our own. I’m sure it was treated as a big win by Congress.

19 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

For what it’s worth, the last image on Amazon shows them in normal desk lamps and house fixtures. But I haven’t bought or used any so no promises.

Agreed. Banning something for "inefficiency" is absurd. As if we shouldn’t be able to make that decision on our own. I’m sure it was treated as a big win by Congress.

Oh yeah, they crow about it "saving consumers money." I'm now spending more on light bulbs than I have in my fucking life put together.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

*You will steal from farmer maggot's crops* 

*You will steal the mayor's daughter and move to Bree to start a life running away*

*You will go to the firework's festival and meet FUCKING GANDALF*

*You will be invited to the Bag End after befriending the crazy old Baggins your elders tell you to stay away from* 

*You will spend your entire life cultivating a crop of old tobby, and then have it burn away when Wargs attack your fields* 

Not going to lie, a LOTR/Hobbit themed farming sim sounds pretty cozy XD

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

*You will steal from farmer maggot's crops* 

*You will steal the mayor's daughter and move to Bree to start a life running away*

*You will go to the firework's festival and meet FUCKING GANDALF*

*You will be invited to the Bag End after befriending the crazy old Baggins your elders tell you to stay away from* 

*You will spend your entire life cultivating a crop of old tobby, and then have it burn away when Wargs attack your fields* 

Not going to lie, a LOTR/Hobbit themed farming sim sounds pretty cozy XD

Oh and Weta's directly making it, which is really cool! 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

You’ve reminded me, one of these days, check out this W4 Book Edit of The Hobbit. It is four hours long and a substantial improvement in so many ways. 

There's about 11 hours (if you take the extended versions and deleted scenes) of Hobbit footage someone could use, so it doesn't surprise me that there's a good movie (single XD) movie buried underneath all the stupid stuff. Thanks I'll check it out!

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

There's about 11 hours (if you take the extended versions and deleted scenes) of Hobbit footage someone could use, so it doesn't surprise me that there's a good movie (single XD) movie buried underneath all the stupid stuff. Thanks I'll check it out!

There are several different fan edits, but this one is the first I’ve seen and it is very impressive. I ended up watching an interview with the lead guy behind it and the work they did was meticulous. Not just scene cutting, but actual VFX, sound editing, music, scene and dialogue splicing, etc. 

On 4/4/2024 at 12:24 PM, BigBossBalrog said:

It's not funny cause it makes no sense in context XD

30qde9tadh091.jpg.274ba7dd357a371ad79067139b117091.jpg

On 4/4/2024 at 12:26 PM, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t know enough about Dante to really say anything about his character. I just think that it’s a funny comment in a vacuum. 

In a vacuum yes but I have context lol so I agree with balrog, fuck this dude XD after the pussy he turned Dante into I think that dude is reflecting.

Calling Dante broke back is like calling master chief broke back 

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

On 4/6/2024 at 4:06 AM, ColonelKillaBee said:

In a vacuum yes but I have context lol so I agree with balrog, fuck this dude XD after the pussy he turned Dante into I think that dude is reflecting.

Calling Dante broke back is like calling master chief broke back 

What I mean is that it’s funny a dev would use "brokeback" as an insult for anything, not that it applies well in this case. XD 

38 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That was neat. Just a random three minute nighttime with a hole in the sky. XD I managed to grab some good pictures.  

Hide contents

IMG_8563.thumb.jpeg.e1f93ab42e0273eb2fdb12a78cbc9a05.jpeg

IMG_8562.thumb.jpeg.4865f0824d07f6e1ae4a3d62054c41ae.jpeg

IMG_8561.thumb.jpeg.ad54d07487a66a26b213c32ae6abda37.jpeg

IMG_8559.thumb.jpeg.81b0899f99ec026b31531b957a4d6fe7.jpeg

IMG_8558.thumb.jpeg.0ab353f8c449f35d5366aeda037b7637.jpeg

I had the glasses so it looked like a black hole eating the sky. Our universe is weird.

• Like 1

Amazing. We only got 70-80% so it looked like the third picture.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

22 hours ago, Celan said:

This is a cool image

GKq1LnPWgAE-MM1?format=jpg&name=medium

Absolutely beautiful photo. Did you take it or happen to know who took it? Would love see what photos they've caught in general. (This is now my PC wallpaper lol)

1 hour ago, Elden Clown said:

Absolutely beautiful photo. Did you take it or happen to know who took it? Would love see what photos they've caught in general. (This is now my PC wallpaper lol)

I saw it on Twitter

Good grief. It actually infuriates me that these limp dicks would purchase the "Tomb Raider" IP just to immediately announce that they hate it and won’t be making games about raiding tombs.

Just don’t fucking buy it, then. Make your own shitty "anti-colonial" circlejerk of a game and leave other people’s superior properties alone.

• Sad 1