Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

And it’s just kind of funny that the Assassins were a real life historic group,

Huh, been playing the series since day 1 and never really stopped to think about if the assassin's were real. Learn something new everyday.
With that said I had a question about some Elder Scrolls lore that I feel like somewhere on the forum if not multiple of you would be able to answer but then decided to re look at the mod page lol.

I have a mod that ever since I found it I have loved using where it makes the Khajiits vary in their look based off different khajiits through ES history. "Khajiit are bound to the Lunar Lattice, the ja'Kha'jay. The phases of Masser and Secunda at birth determine the form a Khajiit takes in life."

I'm sure y'all already knew this but I didn't and thought i'd share in my excitement. I find it really neat and wish they'd actually use it more in the games now. 
Incredibly creepy that the Ohmes looks very bosmer like.

image.png.dd7b102c7fa57a49ac8d5ead3c20bd9f.png

Favorite will def have to be the Pahmar-raht though if i'm getting the type of Kjahiit correct. It's the type that maiq was back in Morrowind.

image.png.30400df7175682a3c8d7035dbfc77444.png

I just find this really neat and thought that the Khajiits just looked different depending on where they were from. Really hope the next Elder Scrolls uses this more like ESO did and we get to seem all of the types around.
Should learn some more of the the deeper ESO lore, just don't find all of it interesting.
I wonder what the Args have going on though..

Edit: Forgot to link the mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57610

Edited by Elden Clown
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

I have a mod that ever since I found it I have loved using where it makes the Khajiits vary in their look based off different khajiits through ES history. "

Yep. Their appearance is based on the phase of the moons when they were born. So a normal Khajiit mother can have children whose appearances vary from the Khajiit we see in games, to giant panther men, to normal house cats, to basically just weird elves.

The novels feature a Khajiit clan whose leader the main character mistakes for an elf at one point. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

Huh, been playing the series since day 1 and never really stopped to think about if the assassin's were real. Learn something new everyday.

Real and crazy as hell. They killed a lot of people. XD The word "assassin" is traced back to them.

But yeah, their fortress in the first game, Masyaf, was a real place. They were fairly prominent for a couple hundred years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yep. Their appearance is based on the phase of the moons when they were born. So a normal Khajiit mother can have children whose appearances vary from the Khajiit we see in games, to giant panther men, to normal house cats, to basically just weird elves.

The novels feature a Khajiit clan whose leader the main character mistakes for an elf at one point. 

I absolutely love this. I wish the mod let the player character use the changes to the NPCs.

I can imagine that Khajiit was highly offended?

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Real and crazy as hell. They killed a lot of people. XD The word "assassin" is traced back to them.

But yeah, their fortress in the first game, Masyaf, was a real place. They were fairly prominent for a couple hundred years.

Was a real place? Fallen to time? I'ma read the wiki you linked in a few mins.

16 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

I can imagine that Khajiit was highly offended?

I think he pieces it together in his head before saying anything to offend her. But it’s been a long time so my memory is hazy.

15 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

Was a real place? Fallen to time? I'ma read the wiki you linked in a few mins.

A lot of them fell to the Mongols, but I suppose the castle might still be there. You’ll probably find the answer when you read the wiki. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think he pieces it together in his head before saying anything to offend her. But it’s been a long time so my memory is hazy.

A lot of them fell to the Mongols, but I suppose the castle might still be there. You’ll probably find the answer when you read the wiki. 

Both of these topics are highly interesting to me to the point I don't know what to say about them and just want to know more lol.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Celan said:

While I won't bore anyone with aviation trivia, I know at least some of you are interested in space.

I was actually looking forward to watching the launch of the Lockheed/ Boeing Starliner crewed mission last week. Much delayed and much ballyhooed, much needed after all of Boeing's bad press lately, and it all went down like a wet fart again. Meanwhile SpaceX had not one but two successful launches last week, in the process breaking the record for successful launches from the shuttle platform, and all without breaking a sweat. It must really grind the gears of Elon Musk haters.

NASA spent twice as much on ULA (Lockheed) and Boeing, expected more from these two venerable companies, and now "they are growing concerned."  You think, boys?

I'm going to try to go down to Canaveral in 3Q/4Q for the Polaris Dawn launch.

SpaceX also revealed their new exploration suit. Pretty slick.

It's so thin though, that skinny lil suit won't offer much protection XD

Meet grandpa arg. My most recent test character for my modlist lol.ScreenShot3.thumb.png.768050953a1492d081b3006f46304e24.png

I found quite a few nice mods for Arg character creation and they make for making some unique looking characters. I also found out the person who made that Khajiit mod also made one for Orcs and one for Args.
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/97981 - Orcs
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/98103 - Args

15 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It's so thin though, that skinny lil suit won't offer much protection XD

If it gets the job done...

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

1000% more entertaining than the trailer itself

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

Someone in the comments pointed out that they got an all-female director lineup so that when inevitably people hate it, they can blame it on even more sexism and racism.

You'll be unsurprised to know that one of the "diverse directorial staff" has credits from... The Witcher.

• Haha 3