Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

While I won't bore anyone with aviation trivia, I know at least some of you are interested in space.

I was actually looking forward to watching the launch of the Lockheed/ Boeing Starliner crewed mission last week. Much delayed and much ballyhooed, much needed after all of Boeing's bad press lately, and it all went down like a wet fart again. Meanwhile SpaceX had not one but two successful launches last week, in the process breaking the record for successful launches from the shuttle platform, and all without breaking a sweat. It must really grind the gears of Elon Musk haters.

NASA spent twice as much on ULA (Lockheed) and Boeing, expected more from these two venerable companies, and now "they are growing concerned."  You think, boys?

I'm going to try to go down to Canaveral in 3Q/4Q for the Polaris Dawn launch.

SpaceX also revealed their new exploration suit. Pretty slick.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ll probably check out both of these if they’re well received and don’t have bad launches. 

I mean, on paper it should be pretty hard to fuck up a remake, but that hasn't stopped Hollywood from doing it over and over. XD

In this case, with two of the most beloved games of the PS2, they'll be extra careful not to piss off fans. Especially two fanbases that are infamous for being super elitist.

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Welp. The return to form we got with AC Mirage was nice while it lasted. 

One of the two playable characters is a Kunagi (female ninja) so maybe it'll be stealth focused instead of RPG. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

One of the two playable characters is a Kunagi (female ninja) so maybe it'll be stealth focused instead of RPG. 

I’m just so bored of AC being "culture of the month" every single time. It would be nice to get a few games like Mirage, set in the Middle East, with Islamic protagonists, and actually leaning into the historic "Assassins" that the series was based on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m just so bored of AC being "culture of the month" every single time. It would be nice to get a few games like Mirage, set in the Middle East, with Islamic protagonists, and actually leaning into the historic "Assassins" that the series was based on.

I think your a little off-base just this once: a huge part of the fanbase has been slobbering over the idea of a Japanese game even at the height of the series XD

I like the lore explanation (which has held the door open since before the shift to RPG's) Ezio's Chinese apprentice spread his teaching to Japan when she migrated there.

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

a huge part of the fanbase has been slobbering over the idea of a Japanese game even at the height of the series XD

I know, and I’ve always thought it was a terrible idea. Japan is about as far from the series roots as a setting can possibly get. 

I know, and I’ve always thought it was a terrible idea. Japan is about as far from the series roots as a setting can possibly get. 

I felt the same way for the American Revolution and the Golden Age of Piracy XD

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I felt the same way for the American Revolution and the Golden Age of Piracy XD

It’s better than Japan, but I agree with you on that. Black Flag might be the best standalone game in the series, but it isn’t much of an Assassin game.

And it’s just kind of funny that the Assassins were a real life historic group, but literally only one game in the entire franchise, the first, is actually centered around them from that era.

Call me crazy, but I kinda want to see them represented as the crazy "hash-smoking Islamic mystics in the mountains" that they actually were, if only for another game or two.

Hell, give Assassins Creed its "Reach" and have a game centered around the Mongolian invasions that wiped out their order in real life.

• Like 1

Creatively I agree, but from a sales and overall popularity standpoint; Fallout has never been more popular XD I'm sorry Doc. :cross:

By that standard, CoD, Twilight, and the MCU are some of the best things ever made. XD 

• Haha 1

By that standard, CoD, Twilight, and the MCU are some of the best things ever made. XD 

Case in point, Twilight is by far Mormonism's greatest contribution to pop-culture XD

Still, with Fallout the fans of the old games (and New Vegas) are being drowned out by legions of NU-Bethesda fans and SCORE of people now part of that army brought in by the show; who will now whole-heartedly embrace everything they shit out at this point. This is Bethesda's greatest victory they've had for the series. And now they will destroy it utterly, and they will be cheered on while doing it. 

Yeah but if it was accurate the reaper would be shoveling stacks of dough with his blood-stained scythe! 

He would be, but every penny of it went towards making up the losses from Rings of Power. XD