Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

18 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Here's another thing I thought Fallout 3 did well; the gritty, horror-esque, visceral nature of the environment. There's just something awesomely grimy and filthy about the entire thing. 

main-qimg-d61881c9d8a9472df03549d589d9c68a-pjlq.jpg.25b5e5abee9f639b47a842bb15060e28.jpg

917833-courtyard.jpg.thumb.jpg.1da13dd8f32221b57d01851af2cbc2e7.jpg

PGoLW3o6S8cmSqVx3k86FtKQRbPmtlll-ebV0vF95Ac.webp.e1a8fc5075e9a7c76243704446fb687a.webp

mwRTxYhF9VvjDaCO7C7SZSWm9SMASGhOeGZyJ3o4mHI.thumb.webp.6c032658a439469e9c3ca9d947234726.webp37cc51dd_o.png.acf2e3ec86a717a66569ffe2a8858e2b.png

It has 10/10 art direction (which is probably why New Vegas re-used so many designs in it XD)

Fallout 4 in comparison is very lacking; everything is pristine. The raider camps no longer have meat hooks, and the grim covering the Super Mutant Dens are non-existing. 

The Pitt was truly creepy, and I loved climbing up to the highest point. Nothing in FO4's comic shooting gallery remotely compares.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

*This, Hunt for Gollum, and War for the Rohirrim in the next two years* As soon as old Christopher bite the dust, they really didn't waste any time going in for the vivisection of his father's work; wow. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Let's see how much they fuck up this time.

Or let’s not. XD 

Season 1 had the "so bad it’s funny" thing going for it, but that’s only fun if you can get some friends to laugh at it with you. At this point, I don’t know anybody who wants to watch more of this show. 

40 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Round two motherfuckers! Let's see how much they fuck up this time. At least the special effects look much better. 

This looks like nothing at all, just random actiony shit. I can't get over how ugly the male elves are. If the only beautiful male elves I get are Sauron's, hail the Dark Lord.

• Haha 3

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Fallout must have been given them the caulis belli to go all in 

This was planned long before Fallout released.

But yeah, for a Tomb Raider series, it’s hard to think of a more unholy union of creators than Crystal Dynamics, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and Amazon Prime.

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This was planned long before Fallout released.

But yeah, for a Tomb Raider series, it’s hard to think of a more unholy union of creators than Crystal Dynamics, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and Amazon Prime.

Hey Crystal Dymaics made Legacy of Kain! That'll always be an accomplishment XD

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hey Crystal Dymaics made Legacy of Kain! That'll always be an accomplishment XD

Brother, that was over 20 years ago. XD Modern Crystal Dynamics are the ones who have admitted twice over to hating Tomb Raider because it offends them. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Brother, that was over 20 years ago. XD Modern Crystal Dynamics are the ones who have admitted twice over to hating Tomb Raider because it offends them. 

Twenty years is nothing for a vampire!

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

HBO waited for Amazon to drop their shitty RoP trailer before releasing theirs immediately after. :rofl: 

Looks fantastic. @Celan 

Something with actual weight of story and character building behind it, instead of vague platitudes about "evil and darkness."

I wager to say that the TV series has exceeded GRRM's writing in this case. I wasn't very impressed by The Princess and the Queen when I read it, and I hear that Fire and Blood is as dry as my business school textbooks. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Celan said:

I wager to say that the TV series has exceeded GRRM's writing in this case.

By far. With a few exceptions (Criston Cole, Rhaenys’ escape, the Green Council), pretty much everything the show adapts is just straight up better and more compelling than its book counterpart.

Can’t wait to see Daemon and Aemond's rivalry reach the next level. War will be like a messed up playground for those two. 

I'm kind of getting sick of high quality crossovers and no fucking game Konami XD (This is the fourth one, btw) 

I'll say this: it's an honor to have your Dracula be the one chosen to represent him in the horror playground 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm kind of getting sick of high quality crossovers

Dead by Daylight is probably the best of them. It shows nothing but reverence for every IP it adapts and works hard to make them distinct and well-realized. Plus, its gameplay is basically the perfect format for "horror villain vs survivors" PvP. 

It’s a lot less lame and superficial than stuff like Fortnite and CoD having "Thanos" skins or whatever the hell they’re doing these days.

Dead by Daylight is probably the best of them. It shows nothing but reverence for every IP it adapts and works hard to make them distinct and well-realized. Plus, its gameplay is basically the perfect format for "horror villain vs survivors" PvP. 

It’s a lot less lame and superficial than stuff like Fortnite and CoD having "Thanos" skins or whatever the hell they’re doing these days.

I'm aware, it's like the smash bros of horror properties XD

The other Castlevania crossovers have been very good too (like Dead Cells, which added an entire area based on Castlevania 1) Just saying it'd be alot cooler if their was...ummm I dont know...a game alongside them XD

• Haha 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Just saying it'd be alot cooler if their was...ummm I dont know...a game alongside them XD

Really kinda surprising that the Netflix series didn’t spur on something like this considering how popular it was.

But then again, from what I’ve heard, Konami are more interested in renting out their IPs and using them to market slot machines than actually making games these days. 

Really kinda surprising that the Netflix series didn’t spur on something like this considering how popular it was.

But then again, from what I’ve heard, Konami are more interested in renting out their IPs and using them to market slot machines than actually making games these days. 

Silent Hill 2 and MGS3 are the biggest projects they've undertaken in the last ten years; but even they're outsourcing to third party studies. I would imagine if both are successful, maybe they'll decide to make something new.   

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Silent Hill 2 and MGS3 are the biggest projects they've undertaken in the last ten years; 

I’ll probably check out both of these if they’re well received and don’t have bad launches.