Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If you click Add Files on mobile, instead of Other Media, you can share them directly from your phones photo library. From the sizes it’s showing, those shouldn’t be too big.

I'm on my laptop. Usually it just lets me add photos. Oh well.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

Hang on, I think it was a Mac compatibility thing.

Northern Lights 2.jpeg

Northern Lights 3.jpg

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

Those photos are from Pennsylvania, btw. I think down here in Charlotte it was just a red sky.

Listening to corporate earnings calls has never been so fun:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I listened to this video while mowing today. It got some laughs out of me. XD 

I could care less about any of these franchises so it's just pure entertainment to me.

On the up side, I've been re-watching HoTD season 1 and appreciating it more. I thought it was slow when first watching it, but now that I'm able to pick up on things, I can see all the subtlety. I also like how they made the Velaryons and Targaryens feel ancient and somewhat alien.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Celan said:

I could care less about any of these franchises so it's just pure entertainment to me.

On the up side, I've been re-watching HoTD season 1 and appreciating it more. I thought it was slow when first watching it, but now that I'm able to pick up on things, I can see all the subtlety. I also like how they made the Velaryons and Targaryens feel ancient and somewhat alien.

That’s kinda where I’m at too, though not because I want to be. They just got driven so deep in the dirt that I more or less gave up on them. Only thing from them that I really care about anymore in Andor, and it’s cut from a different cloth.

HotD feels really overlooked for how good it is. It’s not just a solid show; it’s downright excellent. Viserys and Daemon had better arcs in one season than most characters ever will. 

I've been noticing more minor characters like Helaena. She's the dotty sister who gets married off to her brother. Apparently her mutterings are all prophecies. I really didn't get it until I watched again... "ohh, that beast beneath the boards..."

21 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s kinda where I’m at too, though not because I want to be. They just got driven so deep in the dirt that I more or less gave up on them. Only thing from them that I really care about anymore in Andor, and it’s cut from a different cloth.

HotD feels really overlooked for how good it is. It’s not just a solid show; it’s downright excellent. Viserys and Daemon had better arcs in one season than most characters ever will. 

Daemon's anti-hero turn in episode 3 is what turned me from bitter GoT cynic to a fan of the show. I still find him horrifying and sexy, and it only gets darker from here. Fortunately I don't remember much about the rest of the story so it will be fairly new.

• Like 1

Just now, Celan said:

Daemon's anti-hero turn in episode 3 is what turned me from bitter GoT cynic to a fan of the show. I still find him horrifying and sexy, and it only gets darker from here. Fortunately I don't remember much about the rest of the story so it will be fairly new.

For me, Viserys was the biggest and most surprising highlight. He’s such a forgettable character in GRRM’s history, but the show took that reputation and made an extremely compelling story out of it. A very tragic character, but I reckon most of them will be by the end. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

"It was me Earthling! ME! I planted all those ideas into Todd's brain with weird, 50's Sci Fi Brainwaves! All the retcons; the jumping the shark moments; don't you see it began with me?"

GNargvlWwAAGgZD.thumb.jpg.0d3ade5458a771a5181aa246a4c71c15.jpg

"Pull the trigger, Courier. Would you kindly?"  :House:

• Haha 1

Here's another thing I thought Fallout 3 did well; the gritty, horror-esque, visceral nature of the environment. There's just something awesomely grimy and filthy about the entire thing. 

main-qimg-d61881c9d8a9472df03549d589d9c68a-pjlq.jpg.25b5e5abee9f639b47a842bb15060e28.jpg

917833-courtyard.jpg.thumb.jpg.1da13dd8f32221b57d01851af2cbc2e7.jpg

PGoLW3o6S8cmSqVx3k86FtKQRbPmtlll-ebV0vF95Ac.webp.e1a8fc5075e9a7c76243704446fb687a.webp

mwRTxYhF9VvjDaCO7C7SZSWm9SMASGhOeGZyJ3o4mHI.thumb.webp.6c032658a439469e9c3ca9d947234726.webp37cc51dd_o.png.acf2e3ec86a717a66569ffe2a8858e2b.png

It has 10/10 art direction (which is probably why New Vegas re-used so many designs in it XD)

Fallout 4 in comparison is very lacking; everything is pristine. The raider camps no longer have meat hooks, and the grim covering the Super Mutant Dens are non-existing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The raider camps no longer have meat hooks

I’m fine with that. Unless they’re deranged junkies like the Fiends, I prefer raiders who actually feel like humans instead of weird goblin people. XD 

I get marking the edge of your territory as a warning, but keeping rotting corpses randomly strung up inside your house to attract rats and roaches, spread diseases, and stink up the place is just weird.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m fine with that. Unless they’re deranged junkies like the Fiends, I prefer raiders who actually feel like humans instead of weird goblin people. XD 

I get marking the edge of your territory as a warning, but keeping rotting corpses randomly strung up inside your house to attract rats and roaches, spread diseases, and stink up the place is just weird.

Okay maybe the meat hooks should be relegated to artistic liscense but it doesn't change the fact the raiders camps like way less tribal and grim XD

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Okay maybe the meat hooks should be relegated to artistic liscense but it doesn't change the fact the raiders camps like way less tribal and grim XD

Your overall point definitely stands that the visuals of Fallout 4 are very sanitized compared to prior games. Everything is very clean and the colors are bright and saturated. Would be one thing if we were in parts of the NCR or Strip, but it is pretty weird in the devastated ruins of Boston.

I kind of love those storm Goliaths :rofl: That's a cool enemy!

I just wish they’d try to tell, like, one good story, instead of every single thing they release being marketed as: "Look at this cool new robot/mutant/laser gun we made! Look at these ghouls, they’re electric now! Look, another power armor model that was conveniently never mentioned until now!"

It’s all so damn superficial.

And they have completely given up on even pretending to care about Fallout being an RPG. It’s just Borderlands now, sold entirely on what quirky thing you‘re gonna shoot at next. 

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

As much as I love the base game, the realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll draw for me is getting access to Undead Nightmare XD

Undead Nightmare with mods would be killer. Really just having power to limit or disable the towns getting constantly attacked would automatically make it so much better.  

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Undead Nightmare with mods would be killer. Really just having power to limit or disable the towns getting constantly attacked would automatically make it so much better.  

I actually liked that feature; it reminded me alot of Dead Rising's Timer! 

I actually liked that feature; it reminded me alot of Dead Rising's Timer! 

I don’t mind the idea of it, but the execution is annoying. The rate at which the attacks happen could probably stand to be like 1/4 as often.

24 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

"YOU EAT BABIES!" 

I honestly can't wait now :rofl:

That’s my favorite part of the whole DLC. XD John realizing how badly he messed up and trying to convince himself that he’s the good guy here.