Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

8 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

How's everyone? 

Just beat New Vegas for the 10,001st time. Pretty good game. :P Going back to Dragons Dogma 2 when I get time.

Really debating on buying a new SBR. Sig MCX Rattler LT, 300blk. It’s my dream gun of the year, but so damn expensive even at base price. Way more as soon as I start getting bells and whistles for it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Just beat New Vegas for the 10,001st time. Pretty good game. :P Going back to Dragons Dogma 2 when I get time.

Really debating on buying a new SBR. Sig MCX Rattler LT, 300blk. It’s my dream gun of the year, but so damn expensive even at base price. Way more as soon as I start getting bells and whistles for it.

Hell yeah brother! I'd be playing new vegas a lot myself if it wasn't for no matter what I do it is a crash fest on PC for me. How is DD2? would like to hear a none strangers, non critic opinion.

Das an incredibly sexy gun. IIRC it's the rifle variant of my favorite smg the MPX?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

How is DD2? would like to hear a none strangers, non critic opinion.

It’s a good game in some very unique ways, but it’s also flawed and feels like it could’ve used another half year or so of development time.

The combat and vocations (classes) are the high points by far.

Some of the good:

-The combate is legitimately innovative rather than just copying the Dark Souls formula like 99% of other third person "sword and sorcery" games these days. The mechanics are unique and make for very, very satisfying combat that you won’t find anywhere else. Particularly against larger "boss" enemies, which there are a lot of. 

-The vocations all feel very distinct and make for their own unique gameplay experiences. Like, a Fighter, a Warrior, and a Mystic Spearhand don’t at all feel like different skins for the same type of gameplay. They each have very distinct and personalized abilities, pros, and cons that keeps the gameplay feeling fresh as you change between them.

-The world is great. It doesn’t hold your hand too much, and the simple act of leaving town for a minor side quest feels like a proper adventure.

-The in-game economy is well balanced. It feels very rewarding to finally buy a weapon or piece of armor that you’ve been eyeing for a while, which is common because the good stuff ain’t cheap and this is not a game that’ll have you swimming in money.

-The Pawn (companion) system is phenomenal and loads of fun to engage with. It allows your party to be highly customizable, but it’ll never be stagnant.

-Enemy AI is great and monsters will surprise you with the tactics they’ll employ, like with proper traps and ambushes, smartly-timed retreats, and such. winged enemies will try to knock you off ledges, or fly away if they lose confidence, etc.

-How elves and their language works is really cool, but unfortunately underutilized.

-Top tier character customization and "fashion" options. XD 

Some of the bigger negatives, in no particular order:

-The story is pretty weak and lacking in depth. Most characters are too. Hard to feel much attachment or investment in them.

-The enemy variety sucks. Big boss monsters are great, but by the mid game, you’ll likely be sick of constant hordes of goblins, harpies, and lizard dudes. They are well-designed and fun to fight at first, but there are just way too many and they’re spread way too densely around the map, similar to Fallout 4. Game could’ve used twice as many enemy types but half as many spawn points. Probably the worst part for me.

-Most actual quests are pretty weak, both MQ and side quests. The game is carried by its awesome enemies and how fun combat encounters are.

-While it starts out fairly challenging, the game difficulty tilts pretty hard in the other direction once you hit about level 30 or so. It was fun to struggle or even fail against really tough beasts in the early game, and super rewarding to finally beat them in the early midgame, but there comes a point where almost everything gets way too easy (unless you’re a Thief, in which case the game becomes trivial even earlier as this vocation is stupidly OP) Hoping DLC will recognize this and be scaled for it.

-Apparently, the game ran like garbage on PC at launch. I have no idea if this has been fixed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elden Clown said:

Das an incredibly sexy gun. IIRC it's the rifle variant of my favorite smg the MPX?

They’re similar, but yeah, the MCX loads rifle rounds, MPX loads pistol rounds.

I’d be happy to own either, but I really want a 300 blk SBR with a suppressor, so that MCX has been calling to me for months. Tried to get @ColonelKillaBee to buy me one but he just doesn’t want me to be happy.

"Hey, we love your fan film so we're going to make a movie based on it.

Oh BTW, you're banned."

Never change, Holly fucking wood.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

10 minutes ago, Celan said:

Oh BTW, you're banned."

Funniest thing is their using the exact same title as the fan-movie. XD

11 minutes ago, Celan said:

Oh BTW, you're banned."

I have a feeling this was planned long ago, but then got shelved when The Hobbit trilogy had a bad reception. Back when studios knew when to quit before it got too embarrassing.

Doesn’t make it any less shitty. They didn’t have to use the exact same title, or ban the video even if they are the same. Just trying to monopolize storytelling. Or they’re afraid of inviting comparison.

Apparently the ban got removed, so pitchfork put back in the corner.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s a good game in some very unique ways, but it’s also flawed and feels like it could’ve used another half year or so of development time.

The combat and vocations (classes) are the high points by far.

Reveal hidden contents

Some of the good:

-The combate is legitimately innovative rather than just copying the Dark Souls formula like 99% of other third person "sword and sorcery" games these days. The mechanics are unique and make for very, very satisfying combat that you won’t find anywhere else. Particularly against larger "boss" enemies, which there are a lot of. 

-The vocations all feel very distinct and make for their own unique gameplay experiences. Like, a Fighter, a Warrior, and a Mystic Spearhand don’t at all feel like different skins for the same type of gameplay. They each have very distinct and personalized abilities, pros, and cons that keeps the gameplay feeling fresh as you change between them.

-The world is great. It doesn’t hold your hand too much, and the simple act of leaving town for a minor side quest feels like a proper adventure.

-The in-game economy is well balanced. It feels very rewarding to finally buy a weapon or piece of armor that you’ve been eyeing for a while, which is common because the good stuff ain’t cheap and this is not a game that’ll have you swimming in money.

-The Pawn (companion) system is phenomenal and loads of fun to engage with. It allows your party to be highly customizable, but it’ll never be stagnant.

-Enemy AI is great and monsters will surprise you with the tactics they’ll employ, like with proper traps and ambushes, smartly-timed retreats, and such. winged enemies will try to knock you off ledges, or fly away if they lose confidence, etc.

-How elves and their language works is really cool, but unfortunately underutilized.

-Top tier character customization and "fashion" options. XD 

Some of the bigger negatives, in no particular order:

-The story is pretty weak and lacking in depth. Most characters are too. Hard to feel much attachment or investment in them.

-The enemy variety sucks. Big boss monsters are great, but by the mid game, you’ll likely be sick of constant hordes of goblins, harpies, and lizard dudes. They are well-designed and fun to fight at first, but there are just way too many and they’re spread way too densely around the map, similar to Fallout 4. Game could’ve used twice as many enemy types but half as many spawn points. Probably the worst part for me.

-Most actual quests are pretty weak, both MQ and side quests. The game is carried by its awesome enemies and how fun combat encounters are.

-While it starts out fairly challenging, the game difficulty tilts pretty hard in the other direction once you hit about level 30 or so. It was fun to struggle or even fail against really tough beasts in the early game, and super rewarding to finally beat them in the early midgame, but there comes a point where almost everything gets way too easy (unless you’re a Thief, in which case the game becomes trivial even earlier as this vocation is stupidly OP) Hoping DLC will recognize this and be scaled for it.

-Apparently, the game ran like garbage on PC at launch. I have no idea if this has been fixed.

Sounds really fun but at least for me and no offense to the game a wait for sale just because a few of those weaker points are big things for me. I can't wait to remake Czar in it. We made him in the first game and it was funny as hell.

47 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

20240510_122303.thumb.jpg.6a2af5e9c6801d75b448e25272391f57.jpg

Its amazing living right on the shore of Lake Ontario XD 

Nice view. Was gonna make a joke about how you could almost see all that freedom on the other side, then I remembered it’s New York… :P 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

They’re similar, but yeah, the MCX loads rifle rounds, MPX loads pistol rounds.

I’d be happy to own either, but I really want a 300 blk SBR with a suppressor, so that MCX has been calling to me for months. Tried to get @ColonelKillaBee to buy me one but he just doesn’t want me to be happy.

SMH @ColonelKillaBeeGet this man his family friendly noise maker™

• Haha 1

Just now, Elden Clown said:

Sounds really fun but at least for me and no offense to the game a wait for sale just because a few of those weaker points are big things for me. I can't wait to remake Czar in it. We made him in the first game and it was funny as hell.

That’s why I told ya. ;) I enjoy the game a lot, and the things it does right are some of the best in the industry. I don’t regret buying it. But even so, it’s got too many issues for me to give it a hard reccomendation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s why I told ya. ;) I enjoy the game a lot, and the things it does right are some of the best in the industry. I don’t regret buying it. But even so, it’s got too many issues for me to give it a hard reccomendation.

Thank ye, glad you get it lol.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Nice view. Was gonna make a joke about how you could almost see all that freedom on the other side, then I remembered it’s New York… :P 

More like a black labyrinth of rats and despair XD

• Haha 1

Not sure if this file is too large for me to post but I'll give it a go. I picked up a cold from flying, so my voice is scratchy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Celan said:

Got to see the International Space Station go overhead and some cool photos of the Northern Lights.

Northern Lights 118.83 kB · 2 downloads Northern Lights 2 51.7 kB · 1 download Northern Lights 3 121.17 kB · 1 download

Can’t see these on my phone, but glad you got to see them all the same. Pretty dang cool. 

I don't know why it's attaching instead of embedding, must be the files are too big.

Just now, Celan said:

I don't know why it's attaching instead of embedding, must be the files are too big.

If you click Add Files on mobile, instead of Other Media, you can share them directly from your phones photo library. From the sizes it’s showing, those shouldn’t be too big.