Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

13 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I said actual RPG. :P 

They're probally too insecure about someone else making a better Fallou "RPG" (even if they don't know their game isn't actually one XD). 

13 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They're probally too insecure about someone else making a better Fallou "RPG" (even if they don't know their game isn't actually one XD). 

The demand is so high, though. How much money would it take to override that insecurity?

RPGs might be at their peak popularity right now, and Fallout is too (unfortunately ¬¬). They’ve got a golden opportunity if they can get a game out in the next couple of years. New Vegas was made in only two.

Was it Arkane Austin? If so, my hopes would’ve been low for it anyway. If not, then won’t development continue?

To be honest, I didn’t like the last spinoff. But I’d still give another one a chance.

EW3 however… that’s a tragedy for the horror genre. 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Was it Arkane Austin? If so, my hopes would’ve been low for it anyway. If not, then won’t development continue?

To be honest, I didn’t like the last spinoff. But I’d still give another one a chance.

EW3 however… that’s a tragedy for the horror genre. 

Apparently what was left of the original prey team was "re-grouping" Redfall's disaster and wanted to to do a "back to basics Immersive Sim Dishonored Spin Off with low stakes". Which sounds like like a cool project to me. 

a live service third-person combat game in which Batman is a villain.

WTF?

• Haha 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

4 minutes ago, Celan said:

WTF?

I can't believe you've missed the discourse. You play as the Suicide Squad in a LOOTER SHOOTER (this is the devs who made the Arkham games, known for their iconic MELEE combat) trying to hunt down the JL that's been brainwashed; and is filled with zany, millennial humor.  (There's a scene where you literally piss on one of the heroes corpses, and the other characters compliment the character on his penis size XD) Barring how awful the game is, the monetization is scummy and terrible too. This sums it up quite well 

1 hour ago, Celan said:

WTF?

Oh, you missed a hilarious bit of gaming drama. It was very reminiscent of how people got after TLoU2.

You know the Arkham games? They’re pretty much universally beloved by Batman fans. After waiting quite a few years, the studio finally made a sequel (and it’s a shitty live service game) where you play as the villains and Batman, the same one from the Arkham games’ continuity, got brainwashed off-screen and needs to be stopped. After kicking his ass, Harley Quinn ties him to a park bench, berates him for being a shitty hero, and shoots him in the head. 

Adding insult to injury, it was one of the final performances by Kevin Conroy, the "classic Batman" VA since the 90s (or is it even earlier?), who died two or three years ago. He gets an after credit eulogy note, which is immediately followed by a jarring transition to a loot box announcement. XD 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

But yeah, WB is reporting a 200 million dollar lost because of it. Game must have been super expensive. 

And that’s probably underreporting. They always overreport when bragging about profitable games; doubt they’d change that when it’s a loss.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

And that’s probably underreporting. They always overreport when bragging about profitable games; doubt they’d change that when it’s a loss.

What would be the point of undereporting when that undereporting is already 200 million though :rofl:

7 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Shareholders are watching. Every hundred million counts. XD 

I think I saw MBA 590: Bamboozling Shareholders on my class list.

WB has announced a LOTR prequel movie, Hunting Gollum.

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

16 minutes ago, Celan said:

I think I saw MBA 590: Bamboozling Shareholders on my class list.

WB has announced a LOTR prequel movie, Hunting Gollum.

Peter Jackson's involved and Andy Serkis is reprising his role, so maybe it won't be terrible.

If they wanted to use something that's a single sentence in the appendix, they could have finally adapted the Children of Hurin XD But nope...Middle Earth Cinematic Universe. I can't wait to watch Farmer Maggots six episode mini series on Disney Plus. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Peter Jackson's involved and Andy Serkis is reprising his role, so maybe it won't be terrible.

Andy is in his sixties now. Can he still do all the Gollum stuff? That was an extremely physical role. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Andy is in his sixties now. Can he still do all the Gollum stuff? That was an extremely physical role. 

He did an amazingly physical performance as Caeser in War for the Planet of the Apes, and that was relatively recent, so I assume he's just one tough cookie XD

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

He did an amazingly physical performance as Caeser in War for the Planet of the Apes, and that was relatively recent, so I assume he's just one tough cookie XD

Warner Brothers, never change

• Like 1