Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

You'll be happy to know, after nine years, Bethesda is fixing some Fallout 4 bugs today.

And introducing hundreds of others, no doubt.

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

10 minutes ago, Celan said:

You'll be happy to know, after nine years, Bethesda is fixing some Fallout 4 bugs today.

And introducing hundreds of others, no doubt.

The widescreen support they promised makes the game look really stretched XD

In other news, the Escape from Tarkov devs are adding a PVE only mode to the game (one of the most highly requested features)...under a 290 DOLLAR paywall and breaking there promise that new modes would always be free. It's also coming with a bunch of overpowered items that break the game. Gaming is really getting pretty scummy isn't it XD

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

"Breaks modded saves"

Called it. :rofl: 

@ColonelKillaBee Told you this would happen. XD Granted, hard to act like it’s an impressive prediction when this is like the tenth time Bethesda has broken modded saves.

I literally just got done rolling back my game file by file because of this lmao. Then downloaded a mod to make the game think I updated XD 

• Haha 2

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

25 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I literally just got done rolling back my game file by file because of this lmao. Then downloaded a mod to make the game think I updated XD 

I'm hearing the additional creations are really bad (and they're using the old "Creation Club" format instead of the new Skyrim format, which means no voice acting or actually good design). And the game is actually WAY more buggy then before XD So like Bethesda fucked up big time. 

BTW my BF who is a geek but not a gamer thought the TV series was dumb and only watched one episode. I was curious how it would come across to someone not familiar to the games.

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

Cynically, this feels like the modding equivalent of planned obsolescence, except it’s the devs who planned to make mods obsolete instead of the creators.

-Wait almost a decade for most modders to move on and stop supporting their mods

-Release a super-late patch that breaks most modded saves

-Advertise shiny new "paid mods" that were added by your patch

-Keep profiting off a game whose sells dried up years ago.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Celan said:

BTW my BF who is a geek but not a gamer thought the TV series was dumb and only watched one episode. I was curious how it would come across to someone not familiar to the games.

I have a feeling that some Amazon Prime shot callers felt the same way. They don’t usually release an entire season at the same time anymore unless they don’t have high hopes for it. When they expect one to do really well, they like to space the episodes out and use it to generate buzz for months instead of days. I think the level of success caught them by surprise. 

29 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Cynically, this feels like the modding equivalent of planned obsolescence, except it’s the devs who planned to make mods obsolete instead of the creators.

-Wait almost a decade for most modders to move on and stop supporting their mods

-Release a super-late patch that breaks most modded saves

-Advertise shiny new "paid mods" that were added by your patch

-Keep profiting off a game whose sells dried up years ago.

Even the stuff they added was pretty meager and lacking in textures etc. Contrast to CDPR’s excellent and substantial free updates.

• Like 1

Finished the System Shock Remake. For better or worse, the game feels like something from the late 90's, with modern hardware. Little hand-holding. Being able to fail objectives and make things harder for yourself. Having to read every note and copy things down. You can even add a in-game timer to make it so you have ten hours to beat the game, or else Shodan wins XD Very good game, but it's old school in both the good and the bad. The console versions are coming next month, so I'd highly recommend it. 

My favorite thing is still the retro art-direction. It just screams 90's XD

robert-simon-messhall002.jpg?1686163288

C-art_3.0.jpg

5b575c4037ad02f786e187b91425f771.jpg

Mantis+Assassin.jpg?format=500w

y8x67dGnPCLV277GHFp7wK-650-80.jpg

3159075-ss.jpg

Oh and yeah, Shodan is still awesome. They added this really cool dimension of her: that she's deluded into thinking she's a Japanese Kami (a concept that refers to a spirit, demon, or god, living and existing as an item) 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm hearing the additional creations are really bad (and they're using the old "Creation Club" format instead of the new Skyrim format, which means no voice acting or actually good design). And the game is actually WAY more buggy then before XD So like Bethesda fucked up big time. 

I deleted every file that starts with cc, lol. Never using any of that shit ever, even free

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Celan said:

I could see this tbh. The raider reveal would only honestly be good to a fan of the series and be over the top to anyone else

In other news I watched the animated show Blue Eye Samurai and it was wicked, and very entertaining. Very funny, very bloody.

Awesome show, is one point under Arcane imo, Arcane having tighter story telling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

In other news I watched the animated show Blue Eye Samurai and it was wicked, and very entertaining. Very funny, very bloody.

Awesome show, is one point under Arcane imo, Arcane having tighter story telling.

It was made by the same studio XD

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It was made by the same studio XD

I googled this, says it was made by fortiche, arcane, and blue spirit, blue eye samurai.

Both French but not the same studio

IMG_4599.jpeg

• Like 1