Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

20 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Watched the Fallout show. My thoughts:

Hide contents

I really liked they way they handled the vaults. I felt they handled it better than games did in various ways. Though I give the games the leeway of the vaults being ill suited to shot and loot gameplay.

Jet arms on the power armor, really? I also think it too often detracts from the tank feeling of the armor.

Something about the Brotherhood just feels off. They nailed the aesthetic, but their actions and behavior feels off.

Cold fusion? Couldn't they just have copied the regular fusion plotline of the Institute from Fallout 4?

Where the fuck did Hank get his hands on a nuke to blow up Shady Sands just like that?

Loved all the little references and general tone of the show. Felt very Fallout.

Maximus clearly dumped Charisma. Maxed out Luck though as he keeps succeeding despite utterly failing every speech check.

Lucy was fun all around.

Final battle should have been Brotherhood really decimating the NCR remnants with how much power armor they brought. Or at least they should have given the NCR remnants some plasma weapons.

I’ll be honest, the vaults were by and large one of my least favorite parts. I liked some small background details like how the simulated sun for agriculture (something mentioned in games but never shown), and other slice-of-life stuff like that. But the stories and writing involved with them were pretty terrible, and aside from Norm, the dwellers themselves were just too cartoonishly dumb and silly for me to get invested in their survival.

Agreed on the jet arms. Think they wanted to make it fly but didn’t want to slap a bulky jet pack over the iconic look. What bugged me more was that they retconned the gigantic vault reactors into a tiny power armor fusion core. That’s not at all how either of those things works, makes no sense, and was an extremely contrived way to force a shallow moral dilemma on Maximus.

Agreed on the cold fusion. It’s also very strange that upon acquiring it, they proceed to use it to light up a grid in Shady Sands where everything is still an irradiated ruin. How is that grid even still intact? Who has been maintaining it and why? It’s about reason #17 why I think the show’s handling of the NCR is crap.

Hank having a surprise nuke raises all sorts of issues. The Enclave controlled Vault-Tec and has access to everything they did. If some random VT middle-manager had access to a nuke, then they would’ve had one too, and then it becomes inexcusable for them to get beaten and hunted to near extinction by the NCR without using it. Going off Bethesda’s [admittedly shitty Fallout 76] lore, the Enclave’s nuclear stockpile was in West Virginia, and it had many levels of safeguards to prevent even high-level members (much higher than Hank) from accessing it alone, including their ZAX computer determining the target as a threat worthy of putting them at a high DEFCON level. Another example of the show inexplicably doing something even worse than 76.

Maximus dumped Charisma and Intelligence, maxed Luck, took the Idiot Savant perk, and went on to join the strangest/dumbest BoS chapter to date. He should be the new go-to example of a character inexplicably "failing upward".

Your comment about the NCR using plasma weapons made me realize how energy weapons were basically absent from the show altogether. Did the Brotherhood even have lasers?

23 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It got a disappointed laugh outa me. XD It was just the last thing I saw before going to sleep and I was too tired to post.

Aww im sorry lmao, I thought youd be like THIS IS WHAT MADE YOU WRITE AGAIN MOTHERFUCKER

I still havent watched past episode 2 to be honest lol

I will today

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Aww im sorry lmao, I thought youd be like THIS IS WHAT MADE YOU WRITE AGAIN MOTHERFUCKER

I still havent watched past episode 2 to be honest lol

I will today

I knew better before I even clicked the page. XD Probably should’ve left it up longer just so you could get more people with it, but I was tired and didn’t think much about what I was doing. 

For me, the enjoyability of the show is directly proportional to the amount of yodeling that happens when The Ghoul is on-screen. Sadly, I think it dies down around episode 3 or so. 

@BigBossBalrog DD2 vocations

I tried Trickster but it is a weird vocation. 0% offense (literally no attacks) and 100% support for your pawns. As solid as their AI is compared to companions in most games, I don’t think it’s good enough to justify an entire class being completely reliant on it.

I’m still leveling Thief, but am eager to move on from it. It’s too good and basically trivializes the game. Feels like the most OP class by far.

Next will be Warrior, basically the @ColonelKillaBee class in any given Fromsoft game. XD From the footage I’ve seen, it looks like it requires more skill to play, and won’t just auto win everything for me like Thief does, so I’m eager to give it a go.

Hopefully by the time it’s leveled, I’ll have found wherever Magic Archer is hiding. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog DD2 vocations

I tried Trickster but it is a weird vocation. 0% offense (literally no attacks) and 100% support for your pawns. As solid as their AI is compared to companions in most games, I don’t think it’s good enough to justify an entire class being completely reliant on it.

I’m still leveling Thief, but am eager to move on from it. It’s too good and basically trivializes the game. Feels like the most OP class by far.

Next will be Warrior, basically the @ColonelKillaBee class in any given Fromsoft game. XD From the footage I’ve seen, it looks like it requires more skill to play, and won’t just auto win everything for me like Thief does, so I’m eager to give it a go.

Hopefully by the time it’s leveled, I’ll have found wherever Magic Archer is hiding. 

Warrior is the greatsword class correct 

Playing the System Shock Remake right now. It's absolutely awesome. Despite the graphical update, they kept the super 80's/90's "this is what the future will look like" art style and it looks am amazing.

system_shock_screen_1_2021.jpg 

screenshot_2271.png

The enemies are especially retro

2400.jpg?width=1200&quality=85&auto=form

5EvepuSpcGq3wWwyczqQsV.jpg

L3M6SAnm8eRsatRBzrVo9P.jpg

Gameplay is alot like the new Prey; with a very open map design that let's you play the way you want with barely any kind of handholding. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The only new game im getting is Stellar Blade 

Gamers, let your voice be heard!

Not available on Xbox and doesn’t really look like something I’d be into. But I reckon buying the OG Tomb Raider trilogy sent a similar message. Its very existence triggered the current IP holders. XD 

25 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Yeah sorry Colonel it looks borderline like a hentai game; should have asked me ten years ago XD

Nah bro i watched asmongold's stream about it a few times, I wouldnt be talkin about it here if it was, it looks like a legit good scifi souls esque game

I say you dip your toe into the world with me pal ;) what do you say

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Art style looks all over the place; the enemy designs are cool and then you have the MC looking like a sex doll :rofl:

Whatever broo she's hot i dont care xD Its awesome 

• Haha 2