Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

And?? Fuck Fallout. What’s your impression so far?

Use spoilers. XD 

Well me personally I fucking love it, and its incredibly dark lol. My gf I dunno about lol she seemed more affected by the dark aspects of it, especially in episode 3

i knew boldir was gonna die but jesus dude

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Im just sayin that the extreme events described in the show befits fallout more than it does tes

If by extreme events you mean like Shady Sands getting destroyed and the NCR falling, then I think it does and should befit both.

The main difference is that the biggest example of something like this happening in TES (Red Year) was handled really well, with good writing to back it up, and the world reacting to it and growing from it in organic and believable ways.

That could’ve been the case with the NCR. Fallout fans just weren’t so lucky.

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Well me personally I fucking love it, and its incredibly dark lol. My gf I dunno about lol she seemed more affected by the dark aspects of it, especially in episode 3

Reveal hidden contents

i knew boldir was gonna die but jesus dude

Hell yeah! I knew you would. XD 

Yeah, episode 3 is brutal. That’s the one I most wanted your take on. The characters are so good, and the way they all reach the point where the thing happens is so perfect for each of them.

"Boldir" :rofl: 

Keep watching. If you haven’t guessed it yet, Silco is the character who I think will end up appealing to you most. He’s probably my favorite, alongside Vander Boldir. XD Brilliantly written antagonist. But so is most everyone else. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

IWhich sucks, doesn’t it? Three games of worldbuilding out the window. And even if it must be destroyed, New Vegas set up several compelling ways to do it, and instead Bethesda went with the only one that had a good explanation for why it wouldn’t work.

I don't care that much tbh. I guess I mostly wrote off Fallout with 4 and 76.

Makes sense that "the fall" would mean fall of the government and relocation somewhere else.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

13 minutes ago, Celan said:

I don't care that much tbh. I guess I mostly wrote off Fallout with 4 and 76.

Makes sense that "the fall" would mean fall of the government and relocation somewhere else.

I can only ever say "fair" to someone who doesn’t care. Guess I still do, despite all the crap we’ve gotten over the years. XD 

I still assume the date of "the fall" must’ve been a typo, since it was still the capital in 2281. But I think that the rest of that assumption makes sense with what we’ve been shown.

56 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I can only ever say "fair" to someone who doesn’t care. Guess I still do, despite all the crap we’ve gotten over the years. XD 

After Starfield, there was slim chance I'd ever play another Bethesda game again anyway.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

23 minutes ago, Celan said:

After Starfield, there was slim chance I'd ever play another Bethesda game again anyway.

For me it’s more the hope that Microsoft or Bethesda one day outsources another game to someone else like with New Vegas and Fallout Shelter.

Hopefully more like New Vegas than Fallout Shelter. XD 

Or that pigs fly and Bethesda hires a competent writer or two and at least one person who knows what "RPG" means. 

19 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

For me it’s more the hope that Microsoft or Bethesda one day outsources another game to someone else like with New Vegas and Fallout Shelter.

Hopefully more like New Vegas than Fallout Shelter. XD 

Or that pigs fly and Bethesda hires a competent writer or two and at least one person who knows what "RPG" means. 

Not going to happen till Todd goes and takes his yes men XD

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I would imagine with this and Last of Us being so successful and causing a massive spike in sales for their catalogue, everyone's going to be rushing to  get big budget, live-action adaptions now.

We’ve been talking aboht this for two years. With superheroes going out, video game movies/shows are gonna be the next big "thing". 

That happened in the early 2000s too but nobody took them seriously and the creators seemed embarrassed to be adapting video games. Times have changed and now there’s a lot more effort being put into them.

Mario made like a billion dollars. XD 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

We’ve been talking aboht this for two years. With superheroes going out, video game movies/shows are gonna be the next big "thing". 

That happened in the early 2000s too but nobody took them seriously and the creators seemed embarrassed to be adapting video games. Times have changed and now there’s a lot more effort being put into them.

Mario made like a billion dollars. XD 

And Sonic's also made a billion bucks now XD But I think it's a little bit different with the animated front. We had them, Castlevania, and Arcane already; which were all very successful.  But with Fallout (outwardly XD) and Last of Us showing the gritty (and super expensive) live action offering can be just as profitable, I think it's going to explode

17 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Bioshock's I think - shockingly - is going to be pretty easy to adapt as long as you have strong writers. They just have to follow the blue print of the backstory that's already been laid out for them. 

The fall of Rapture is basically perfect for a movie or TV series. The whole blueprint is already there, you just have to take the storylines from all the in-game notes and make scenes of them. 

• Like 1

There are people on the Fallout subreddit theorizing that the Elder in the TV series is secretly Caesar in disguise, pretending to be BoS so he can use their resources to take over the wasteland. Also that the Prydwen we see is not actually sent by Maxson, but is instead a second, identical, airship that "the Elder" built in secret to fool his followers into thinking he had support from the Commonwealth. XD 

• Confused 2

42 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

There are people on the Fallout subreddit theorizing that the Elder in the TV series is secretly Caesar in disguise, pretending to be BoS so he can use their resources to take over the wasteland. Also that the Prydwen we see is not actually sent by Maxson, but is instead a second, identical, airship that "the Elder" built in secret to fool his followers into thinking he had support from the Commonwealth. XD 

What 

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That's stupid enough I could see Bethesda going with it XD