Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If I disliked him, it would be because he’s an insane Communist. XD But I don’t dislike him.

I figured, cause he's one of the most vocal anti-Hollywood actors right now XD (And has been since before it was cool) He'd be probally be one of Cooper and Moldover's buddies in their "reading club" XD

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

"Those old 52 scoring reviews are simply no longer relevant"

Yeah, this is why I don’t trust game journals. If anything, 52 is a very charitable score for Fallout 76. A bigger player count doesn’t make the game any better. XD 

I don't actually agree, in our current review culture, a 52 is about as bad as possible for an AAA game and is a pretty horrible score XD

22 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I also think what happened ended up being a way lamer version of Fallout DUST's vision of a "New Vegas bad end" XD

Lmao while catching up, I was thinking about commenting how much better and more respectful DUST was compared to the show.

At least DUST is a worst case scenario happening to the Mojave, based on the potential catastrophes from the DLC.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Lmao while catching up, I was thinking about commenting how much better and more respectful DUST was compared to the show.

At least DUST is a worst case scenario happening to the Mojave, based on the potential catastrophes from the DLC.

Fuck, in DUST despite THE LITERAL worst thing that could happen, happening, the NCR outside the Mojave is doing fine (and the policy shift with the Followers of the Apocalypse getting more power, is a positive development)  

3 hours ago, Celan said:

The Drinker is a fan

I saw that. Rare time I disagree with a Drinker take, though not the only. He’s definitely a "fun > quality" guy, which I can relate to when it’s not a setting I particularly care about and want better from.

Just a reminder of why New Vegas has the best, most compelling dialogue in the Fallout series, with many layers of thematic meaning and depth:

"Down at the end of the hall is BALL storage. For jocks who like BALLS, like RICHIE MARCUS. Do you hear me, Betsy? RICHIE. LIKES. BALLS."

-Doctor Borous, 2281

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I saw that. Rare time I disagree with a Drinker take, though not the only. He’s definitely a "fun > quality" guy, which I can relate to when it’s not a setting I particularly care about and want better from.

And more concerned with character development and production values than lore fidelity.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

16 minutes ago, Celan said:

And more concerned with character development and production values than lore fidelity.

Indeed. And to the show’s credit, those are the areas where the show shined most. At least with the two characters who got the most screen time.

Anyone who’s watched much of Drinker could’ve called from a mile away that Lucy would be his favorite. He often gets called a sexist for calling out how lazy and pervasive the "Mary Sue/Girlboss" trope is in modern media. Lucy having a decent arc while subverting those tropes probably makes him feel pretty vindicated. It’s one more example he can point at to disprove the idiots.

I actually do have one retraction from my earlier complaints about the show. 

I thought it was really egregious that Maximus gets enraged towards Hank at the end over nuking the NCR literally seconds after he just finished helping wipe out the NCR remnants. 

But in hindsight, Lucy probably would’ve told him about this particular group being the ones who massacred her vault. He’s loyal to her, so I can believe that maybe he’d be okay with stomping them out.

Though I will say that this conversation should’ve been in the show at some point, not something for us to infer happened off-screen. And I still think the scene would’ve improved by showing some recognition that he is killing the very people he wants to avenge, even though I now buy that this is something he’d ultimately go through with.

I still consider Maximus one of the weaker and less coherently-written characters throughout the show, but this scene isn’t as bad for him as I originally accused. 

• Like 1

Angry Joe liked it too: gave it a 7/10 (which is high for him). 

I think alot of his acclaim is coming from Nerds and "Fallout" Fans who've just played the newer titles (which I think is understandable), and kind of have that mentality where they think Bethesda's heavily flanderised vision of the series is the true one. 

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Angry Joe

I haven’t watched Joe in years, but even when I did, I learned to ignore his movie and TV reviews after a while. He is a solid example of "stay in your lane", because while he’s great at reviewing video games, I recall his coverage of other media being pretty awful.

• Haha 2

Someone on Reddit found proof that the airship in the TV show is actually the Prydwen. Meaning the promo where they gave it a different name was either a mistake or intentional misdirection.

I honestly prefer this, because the BoS building a second one-of-a-kind airship out of a limited supply of scavenged Enclave parts was one of the things that bothered me.

Also means that either the BoS or Minutemen ending is canon and the Institute is destroyed. Was a fair bet anyway, considering the current power of the BoS, but this pretty well confirms it. Maxson’s most likely still alive, then.

6 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Someone on Reddit found proof that the airship in the TV show is actually the Prydwen. Meaning the promo where they gave it a different name was either a mistake or intentional misdirection.

I honestly prefer this, because the BoS building a second one-of-a-kind airship out of a limited supply of scavenged Enclave parts was one of the things that bothered me.

Also means that either the BoS or Minutemen ending is canon and the Institute is destroyed. Was a fair bet anyway, considering the current power of the BoS, but this pretty well confirms it. Maxson’s most likely still alive, then.

The pinkos on reddit aren't happy that the Maxson BoS apparently survived. XD 

• Haha 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach