Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

I would care more if these games had me more emotionally invested in anything other than my character. Closest to that would be Maxson and most annoying thing I read is that he’s supposedly a synth lol.

Whatever, I’ll eyeroll and move on

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I would care more if these games had me more emotionally invested in anything other than my character. Closest to that would be Maxson and most annoying thing I read is that he’s supposedly a synth lol.

Whatever, I’ll eyeroll and move on

Maxson being a synth isn’t implied in anything, so you’re good.

But yeah, like I said, how much one likes or hates this show is very likely to be directly proportional to how much you care about Fallout. But personally, I hate that the Fallout show is made to please people who don’t care about Fallout entirely expense of everything people who do were invested in.

Well correct me if I am wrong but the things y’all dislike about it are mostly fallout new Vegas related right. If that’s the case it makes sense why they shat all over that, right or not. It’s very petty but expected.

If that’s not the case tell me what else they did. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Well correct me if I am wrong but the things y’all dislike about it are mostly fallout new Vegas related right.

Fallout 1, 2, and NV related, yes. Especially NV and especially especially Lonesome Road.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It’s very petty but expected.

I expected bad. I just did not expect it to be bad in a way that so thoroughly destroys everything.

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Nate not withstanding, Idc about that lol

Me neither. XD But I wouldn’t take some random tweet from Emil very seriously even if I did. I’m more concerned with what’s actually in the games/show. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Fallout 1, 2, and NV related, yes. Especially NV and especially especially Lonesome Road.

I expected bad. I just did not expect it to be bad in a way that so thoroughly destroys everything.

Me neither. XD But I wouldn’t take some random tweet from Emil very seriously even if I did. I’m more concerned with what’s actually in the games/show. 

1 and 2 aren’t theirs so that makes sense too even though it’s disrespectful to those that made the series originally. And if I were a fan since then I’m sure I’d care, maybe.

Idk hard to say because I love FNV and eh, I think it’s because my bar is and was very very low for the show, and all video game adaptations in general 

You are a resident evil fan. Same as me. Enough said xD

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You are a resident evil fan. Same as me. Enough said xD

That’s different. Resident Evil games don’t recognize the show’s continuity. The world ending in the third movie doesn’t affect anything that matters to me. 

If the Fallout show was the same way, I wouldn’t mind it at all. It’d just be another mediocre video game show of many. But now, half the series (the good half) has basically been deleted. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s different. Resident Evil games don’t recognize the show’s continuity. The world ending in the third movie doesn’t affect anything that matters to me. 

If the Fallout show was the same way, I wouldn’t mind it at all. It’d just be another mediocre video game show of many. But now, half the series (the good half) has been rendered pointless. 

Resident Evil also doesn't take it's continuity that seriously in the games either, and like you said, just refuses to acknowledge the adaptions as canon (with the occasional nod) XD

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Resident Evil also doesn't take it's continuity that seriously in the games either, and like you said, just refuses to acknowledge the adaptions as canon (with the occasional nod) XD

Yeah, which in fairness is something I criticize the games for as well. 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If the Fallout show was the same way, I wouldn’t mind it at all. It’d just be another mediocre video game show of many. But now, half the series (the good half) has basically been deleted. 

It really doesn’t matter, most fans don’t keep up with it for the span of decades anyway

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

To be frank, I don’t give a damn about those fans, I care about the series. It matters to me. 

Well to be frank you’re in a very small minority, one that they’re not making money off of. Of course they’re not gonna cater to that

In all honesty, if we’re talking about a tv show, the silly simple minded fallout would translate better than the fallout we love from the games. People are stupid and it’s a tv show.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Well to be frank you’re in a very small minority, one that they’re not making money off of. Of course they’re not gonna cater to that

I’m aware. It’s why Fallout sucks now and why I’m pissed. 

And they could absolutely make money off Fallout without destroying or disrespecting all the stuff they didn’t make. New Vegas is proof of that. 

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

In all honesty, if we’re talking about a tv show, the silly simple minded fallout would translate better than the fallout we love from the games. People are stupid and it’s a tv show.

Maybe. Hard to check that when we’ve only got one Fallout show to go off.

But I’m not so bothered by it being silly and simple minded (though I’d prefer it be a little smarter than it is). I can deal with that. My anger comes from how it spitefully tore down the works of better creators just like Disney did to Star Wars.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m aware. It’s why Fallout sucks now and why I’m pissed. 

And they could absolutely make money off Fallout without destroying or disrespecting all the stuff they didn’t make. New Vegas is proof of that. 

Could they make money off it, sure, and lol the lotr series shows simple isn’t always better.

However. I do think they’d lose most people with all the bear bull talk lmao of FNV. That said they don’t actually have to make it like fnv at all, coulda just simply not mentioned those details or keep them. Doubt it’d change the story at all.

As you said, my position is t honestly that it needed to be this way. It didn’t. It’s more that, they’ve been disrespecting the series for so long as is that I never expected the show to be any different. When you said it was bad, I thought you meant like, LOTR bad, like race changing, lgbt stuff etc.

This is honestly up there with a best case scenario imo, it being actually entertaining and good. I don’t think I’d honestly think different were I a bigger fan.

Take elder scrolls for instance. I think the only detail that would set me off from a tv show of tes would be Stormcloak related. Or shitting on Nord lore which is a central pillar of the lore imo