Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

2 minutes ago, Celan said:

I finished the series. It's... very Bethesda.

Hide contents

+ Great production values

+ Cooper and Lucy are both great characters and had an excellent arc. So did Dogmeat. XD 

+ Zany, humorous, as gory as Fallout should be. Had some good moments. I loved the DJ, for instance.

- The main story sucks.

- Precise on the smallest details, fast and loose with the big ones. Come on guys.

- The cultish aspects of the Brotherhood were dumb but I expect it's a case of this one chapter?

- Vault Tec's manager vault is in New Vegas??

- The romance with Maximus and Lucy... no. She can do better.

I was going to say Lucy seems to be...very sex positive (I'll put it that way XD). Maybe it'll just be a fling?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Celan said:

I could- but I don't have the channel.

Oh wait, I do. I never use Discord so I didn't realize.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I was going to say Lucy seems to be...very sex positive (I'll put it that way XD). Maybe it'll just be a fling?

The whole "what is sex" discussion was like... WTF. Are these BoS supposed to be celibate or something?

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

Hide contents

The whole "what is sex" discussion was like... WTF. Are these BoS supposed to be celibate or something?

No. In fact, Veronica and Christine’s thing was frowned on because procreation is so important to them. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

No. In fact, Veronica and Christine’s thing was frowned on because procreation is so important to them. 

This seems to be a weirdass chapter though.

• Haha 1

Just now, Celan said:

This seems to be a weirdass chapter though.

Very weirdass. XD But I have no clue in what world that would be a useful thing to them. 

Half their population aspire to become Knights one day. Very weird that they’d have to be celibate, let alone not even know what sex is.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Me and Doc talked a little bit that Maxson seems to be going a little crazy with his newfound power by making things even more culty XD I bet it's all for strengthen culture and appearance's though. 

I don’t know if I buy that this would be a Maxson thing. His people were a bit cultish in following him, but they were still mostly clued into reality. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Very weirdass. XD But I have no clue in what world that would be a useful thing to them. 

Half their population aspire to become Knights one day. Very weird that they’d have to be celibate, let alone not even know what sex is.

Imagine how awkward sex-ed would be for Squires and the Scribes teaching it XD

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t know if I buy that this would be a Maxson thing. His people were a bit cultish in following him, but they were still mostly clued into reality. 

Could be him bringing alot of tribals to bolster the Brotherhood? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I know most tribals have lost lots of prewar knowledge, but I think they know what sex is. XD 

Not about that XD; just the general increase in fanaticism and mysticism that seems to be going on 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Imagine how awkward sex-ed would be for Squires and the Scribes teaching it XD

I halfway wonder if Maximus isn’t just uniquely weird as hell. He did kinda feel like the "school shooter" of this particular BoS chapter.

58 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I halfway wonder if Maximus isn’t just uniquely weird as hell. He did kinda feel like the "school shooter" of this particular BoS chapter.

Probably the fact that his back story consists of the dumbest trope they used in Fallout 4.

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It never ends. It never fucking ends.

I tip by buying DLC full price if the game is worth it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They want that and the tip XD

If they want that, they can set up a Patreon like every other "creator." Good luck with that.

I do support 2 Patreons myself, Mentour Pilot and History Hustle.

• Like 1

Closest I’ve come to "tipping" a developer is probably supporting the kickstarter for Pillars of Eternity. I’m a little more charitable to devs who I’ve found to be especially dependable.

That said, hearing this from the former head of Blizzard is pretty amusing. XD 

20 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

We have to fucking stop these retcons XD He could just be being a sarcastic asshole but I can't tell anymore. 

:rofl: That’s funny. Not sure if you remember as it’s been years, but we used to meme that Nate was the shooter.

It’s very forced and fan servicey and makes it kinda weird how little ruthlessness we are actually allowed to display in the base game itself. But it is pretty funny. XD 

Also don’t think Emil is being sarcastic. He’s not Pete Hines. Far as I can remember, he’s always seemed like a fairly wholesome and likable dude, just really bad at writing and thinks he’s much smarter than he is.

Much as I hate it, the TV show seems to be getting a positive reception from the disgusting masses, so I reckon he truly means what he says about there being "great vibes" at Bethesda right now.