Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #2

Ok, so I read Shor Son of Shor, and I think I understood it. Basically, it’s what you were saying earlier, about the gods encompassing each other, right? Which is why Stuhn is Tsun is also Trinimac. Though, I’m not sure if Trinimac is them, though it seems like he was because they went into the tent and Trinimac cam out and Stuhn or Tsun called him brother. Idk about that specifically, but I think I get the general idea, though if anyone wants to summarize it, I won’t say no to reading it

Edited by BTCollins
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Side note, Admins, all this Daedra talk just reminded me, we were supposed to change the "admin" name to something else. We should discuss that later.

Y’all gonna name yourselves after gods? Y’all are gonna name yourselves after gods

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

He fell out of favor with the BGS forum moderators. XD As far as the community at large, teslore still sucks his dick at least. He’s just been less active in the last couple years.

That’s fair if you’re right about it being bullshit. And it may be. Don’t wanna go into that again. But even if it was, it doesn’t really detract from the point that if MK’s word was law pre-BS, then there is really no reason why it wouldn’t be post-BS. Bethesda didn’t support his theories any more back then than they or Zenimax do now.

Like I said I never thought it law anyway. His word is more or less for me as it always was due to the nature of the lore he covers. Not "official" but just close enough to developer and creative enough that I'll always consider it for my personal headcanon and when discussing lore that hasn't been covered yet. Or is too bland and needs spicing up. 

But it was never written in stone for me, even if my favor for it made it seem that way. 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 hour ago, BTCollins said:

Ok, so I read Shor Son of Shor, and I think I understood it. Basically, it’s what you were saying earlier, about the gods encompassing each other, right? Which is why Stuhn is Tsun is also Trinimac. Though, I’m not sure if Trinimac is them, though it seems like he was because they went into the tent and Trinimac cam out and Stuhn or Tsun called him brother. Idk about that specifically, but I think I get the general idea, though if anyone wants to summarize it, I won’t say no to reading it

Basically if you look at it figuratively, it's just showing that the gods are complex.

They share spheres, they have interconnecting roles, and just because your culture says these gods are at odds doesn't mean they necessarily entirely are.

Alduin for instance may be an enemy god of the Nords, and the Nords may be right in that he's opposed to Shor, but at the same time Alduin is the Time Dragon, Shor is the Space Mutant, and one cannot exist without the other. Auriel was removed from Aka and a piece of Lorkhan placed inside him in his stead by the Marukhati Selective. They play enemy and may even be, but Aka also plays a role in preserving creation.

Gods are complex.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Like I said I never thought it law anyway. His word is more or less for me as it always was due to the nature of the lore he covers. Not "official" but just close enough to developer and creative enough that I'll always consider it for my personal headcanon and when discussing lore that hasn't been covered yet. Or is too bland and needs spicing up. 

But it was never written in stone for me, even if my favor for it made it seem that way. 

That’s fair. I’ve always more or less regarded it the same way. I use it as a gap-filler, which is how we end up with terms like Hearth Goddess. But in general, the further he gets from the games, the more reservation I treat him with in regards to my own headcanon. I enjoyed C0DA for instance, but I think the entire point of that thing was to say “see how weird TES can get? This is MY TES. What’s yours?”

I don’t treat it as credible for the actual series. More of a wild “what if” scenario. I think my take on CHIM is also closer to what was originally intended when Bethesda agreed to implement it than what MK evolved it into over the years as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Gods are complex.

I for instance would love to see Rebec's face if Baldur ever tried explaining to her Boethiah, the gender changing daedra lord, has a thing for Shor XD Dude's got hoes for days man.

And unfortunately that's a connection that has yet to be explored in the forefront. Thus far it's pretty clear in imagery, and symbolically, but is only really stated more or less in Vivec's 36 lessons. Which of course also means it's more than likely not literal. But I love it because it just goes to show the gods and daedra are not black and white, especially not Lorkhan the mutant born from Padomay.

• Like 1

We’re in Apocrypha dude. It’s gotta be Prince, Lord, or Librarian.

Everyone else is a Seeker. Guests should be Lurkers.

Are we actually able to do all that?

We are indeed, pretty sure. I know I can with Admins and moderators at the least. Lord works for me, though I kinda wanted to be Wulfharth XD not sure if I can change names individually. Wouldn't match the theme much but I wanna be Wulfharth. Lol.

But I'm definitely down with Prince, Lord... maybe Lord Librarian? LOL. Or Lord Scholar. 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I for instance would love to see Rebec's face if Baldur ever tried explaining to her Boethiah, the gender changing daedra lord, has a thing for Shor XD Dude's got hoes for days man.

I would absolutely love to read of Baldur either singing a song or recanting the tale of SSoS with his own spin on it. 

• Like 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

We are indeed, pretty sure. I know I can with Admins and moderators at the least. Lord works for me, though I kinda wanted to be Wulfharth XD not sure if I can change names individually. Wouldn't match the theme much but I wanna be Wulfharth. Lol.

But I'm definitely down with Prince, Lord... maybe Lord Librarian? LOL. Or Lord Scholar. 

Call members, Milk Droplets.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

We’re in Apocrypha dude. It’s gotta be Prince, Lord, or Librarian.

Everyone else is a Seeker. Guests should be Lurkers.

Are we actually able to do all that?

Y’all all gotta take different Herma Mora titles. One can be Woodland Man, one the Demon Prince of Knowledge, and one Abyssal Cephaliarch 

Edited by BTCollins
  • Like 3

I would absolutely love to read of Baldur either singing a song or recanting the tale of SSoS with his own spin on it. 

Would be the most mindfucky song ever lol, but I'm surprised I havent yet. I've done a few of the seven fights of aldudagga, most of them in fact, as well as the 500 companions I think.

Lol don’t fight, just pick another. There are plenty to go around 

The Golden Eye, Gardener of Men, Prince of Fate, Lord of Secrets, Abyssal Cephaliarch, Woodland Man, Old Antecedent, Scryer, Inevitable Knower, and Demon (or Daedra) of Knowledge.

Edited by BTCollins