Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #2

10 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

@BigBossBalrog that movie the Ritual wasnt bad ;) 

Hide contents

I was translating the Norse runes for Celan and knew the creature was a Jotunn and related to Loki before the movie even said it

She was in awe. Hellblade basically made me Scandinavian. I too play soccer with steel ingots now.

Glad you enjoyed it! 

So it really was a bastard child of Loki?

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

In any case, fun discussion y’all, thanks for indulging me ;) 

Same. I enjoyed it. :) Actually got me to flesh out what I already believed a little more since it made me think about it.

5 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Thanks for answering my questions! I don't delve too much into that sort of religious stuff, but it's always fun to learn something new about it. I do still need to read Son of Shor though. 

If there is one piece of “apocrypha” that I would reccomend to a fan, it’s definitely Shor Son of Shor. The content is actually entertaining on top of being super dense. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Glad you enjoyed it! 

Hide contents

So it really was a bastard child of Loki?

Definitely seems to be

Loki fucked a horse once lol, this thing looks like a cross between a giant and some animal. And with its powers of illusion, it’s certainly Loki esque.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Definitely seems to be

Reveal hidden contents

Loki fucked a horse once lol, this thing looks like a cross between a giant and some animal. And with its powers of illusion, it’s certainly Loki esque.

I think it as some kind of Elk. Really creepy design. I found it to be a pleasant surprise. Solid acting, okay story, and a really cool monster.

I thought the ending was pretty badass. The guy went fucking ham on it. I think it feeded on worship or some shit? That's why it wanted the guy to bow to it.

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

I think it as some kind of Elk. Really creepy design. I found it to be a pleasant surprise. Solid acting, okay story, and a really cool monster.

I thought the ending was pretty badass. The guy went fucking ham on it. I think it feeded on worship or some shit? That's why it wanted the guy to bow to it.

it did indeed have hooves. Me n Celan said it reminded us of a Chort or a fiend.

I agree the ending definitely was good, and he never killed it just escaped.

Its probably preserving its lifespan through worship. Those worshippers in that room surrounding what looks like another undead god, they might be what all worshippers eventually end up as from their life force being drained.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Shor Son of Shor.

;) 

Not saying it means anything per say. Technically he could’ve simply wanted to reference one first while still being aware of the other. Hans the Fox leaves room for that possibility.

Still, it’s worth noting.

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

;) 

Not saying it means anything per say. Technically he could’ve simply wanted to reference one first while still being aware of the other. Hans the Fox leaves room for that possibility.

Still, it’s worth noting.

I don’t think which one came first is relevant at all. That’s like saying Daggerfall has more credence than Skyrim. I think that based on what we have, it could go either way or both ways, but until an actual game gives one theory more credibility than the other, “MK said so” means about as much as “Trump said so”. :P 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t think which one came first is relevant at all. That’s like saying Daggerfall has more credence than Skyrim. I think that based on what we have, it could go either way or both ways, but until an actual game gives one theory more credibility than the other, “MK said so” means about as much as “Trump said so”. :P 

Nah son it’s not the same. In this case it matters because my whole stance is he was on board with the snake is Shor thing until ESO was in the works.

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Nah son it’s not the same. In this case it matters because my whole stance is he was on board with the snake is Shor thing until ESO was in the works.

Hans the Fox predates ESO by a pretty long time. So there was always a precedence.

But that’s beside my point. It doesn’t matter what changed MK’s mind (if that’s actually what happened). If we’re basing what’s considered lore entirely on his word and nothing else, then something he said in 2011 is not worth any more than something he allegedly said in 2015 (but claims to have said years earlier). You just like it more.

57 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hans the Fox predates ESO by a pretty long time. So there was always a precedence.

But that’s beside my point. It doesn’t matter what changed MK’s mind (if that’s actually what happened). If we’re basing what’s considered lore entirely on his word and nothing else, then something he said in 2011 is not worth any more than something he allegedly said in 2015 (but claims to have said years earlier). You just like it more.

I know it does, which is why I brought it up ;) Hans the Fox though doesn't gotta be a reference to Shor because he's shezzarine, it could just mean clever.

No, that's not the case or else I wouldn't give credence to anything TESO says.

My problem with it aint that he changed his mind, it's that he and his girlfriend tried playing like this was always the case and not new to them so that they keep the image of having the inside scoop.

Which is in my humble opinion, bull shiza, lol. XD If people like it more, fine but I still smell bullshit rising when they claimed that, and that's what I don't like. 

59 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I thought MK had fallen out of favor with the TES community. Do people still hold his word to be the holy gospel?

Not really, I certainly don't. Not after that. Though I never did, I just held his word in high regard. Still do in fact, but with more awareness than before that he's not quite as in on the inner circle of things as he pretends. 

I'm always gonna be a fan of what he writes, but I'm more critical of what he does write compared to before. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I thought MK had fallen out of favor with the TES community. Do people still hold his word to be the holy gospel?

He fell out of favor with the BGS forum moderators. XD As far as the community at large, teslore still sucks his dick at least. He’s just been less active in the last couple years.

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

My problem with it aint that he changed his mind, it's that he and his girlfriend tried playing like this was always the case and not new to them so that they keep the image of having the inside scoop.

Which is in my humble opinion, bull shiza, lol. XD If people like it more, fine but I still smell bullshit rising when they claimed that, and that's what I don't like.

That’s fair if you’re right about it being bullshit. And it may be. Don’t wanna go into that again. But even if it was, it doesn’t really detract from the point that if MK’s word was law pre-BS, then there is really no reason why it wouldn’t be post-BS. Bethesda didn’t support his theories any more back then than they or Zenimax do now.