Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Dragon Age if it ever is finished, probs in 2025, better be on steam too, or rip. 

Might be a rip for me even if I can play it. It’s hard to keep investment in the future of a series when even the creators don’t seem interested in it. 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Might be a rip for me even if I can play it. It’s hard to keep investment in the future of a series when even the creators don’t seem interested in it. 

Yea tbh I dont have any investment in the series anymore, I havent even played that inquisition final dlc

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea tbh I dont have any investment in the series anymore, I havent even played that inquisition final dlc

Me neither. Which says a lot considering it directly revolves around the exact plot points that I wanted resolution for. Took too long and my interest just died. 

The leaked footage looked really bad: 

It's been in active development for FIVE years; yet it looks like they doubled down on streamlining and removing RPG mechanics, as well as putting a huge emphasis on loot with shitty soulsborne elements tacked on. There A team made FUCKING ANTHEM. 

With Baldur's Gate and Dragons Dogma 2 I think my RPG needs will be well-catered too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's been in active development for FIVE years; yet it looks like they doubled down on streamlining and removing RPG mechanics, as well as putting a huge emphasis on loot with shitty soulsborne elements tacked on. There A team made FUCKING ANTHEM. 

With Baldur's Gate and Dragons Dogma 2 I think my RPG needs will be well-catered too.

ya not like i have lots of time for gaming nowadays anyway

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Man I had hopes for the next DA but hearing that just was the nail in the coffin for me. Baldur's gate and Starfield we be keeping my gaming needs handled until Fable next year lol.

Just now, Elden Clown said:

No idea what this is but im all for it lol.

This channel is making an animation of Operation Sunburst, a famous battle in the Fallout universe between the NCR and Brotherhood of Steel. You can look back through his prior videos if you want to see more of it. Pretty cool stuff. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This channel is making an animation of Operation Sunburst, a famous battle in the Fallout universe between the NCR and Brotherhood of Steel. You can look back through his prior videos if you want to see more of it. Pretty cool stuff. 

They did some great Halo vids too.

19 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They did some great Halo vids too.

Ill check both out. Sounds pretty neat. Thank you two.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think it's been longer than 5 years? They were already well into production then EA came in and wrecked it, told them they had to use Anthem as a basis. Fucking Anthem. That's when Mike Laidlaw and David Gaider left the company. Gaider has since said that they were trying to figure out how to make the game with as little writing as possible- which sounds like Fallout 76.

So yeah, that has disaster written all over it.

In other worse news, Dune 2 may be delayed to 2024 because the actors' guild strike would prevent the actors from doing promo work.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

29 minutes ago, Celan said:

I think it's been longer than 5 years? They were already well into production then EA came in and wrecked it, told them they had to use Anthem as a basis. Fucking Anthem. That's when Mike Laidlaw and David Gaider left the company. Gaider has since said that they were trying to figure out how to make the game with as little writing as possible- which sounds like Fallout 76.

So yeah, that has disaster written all over it.

It's like there making the shitty multiplayer of Inquisition  but as a full game XD Shitty MMO-lite that's more similar to Destiny. Live Service claims another victim. 

Friend of mine, chick, who is way too into gift giving lol now has given me Baldur’s gate and the deluxe edition at that so guess I’ll be playing it at some point lol. She had early access so she had spare codes and gave em to me

32 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Friend of mine, chick, who is way too into gift giving lol now has given me Baldur’s gate and the deluxe edition at that so guess I’ll be playing it at some point lol. She had early access so she had spare codes and gave em to me

You aught to play with me and Nick

• Like 1

@Celan Did you ever play the White March DLC for Pillars? I never did before this playthrough, but it’s honestly some of the best content in the whole game! The story and new snowy landscapes are both great, and the main town of Stalwart changes and grows based on your progress kinda like Solstheim did in Bloodmoon.

@The Good Doctor Question about Pillars or multiple in a way I guess? What are some of your favorite things about it? I really want to give it another shot especially with Avowed on the rise. I couldn't really get paste the combat but now a days I could hell now a days I might like the combat but how deep does the writing go? Spoilers are okay in case I don't end up playing.

1 hour ago, Elden Clown said:

Question about Pillars

Spoilers to keep from cluttering the page with my walls of text. XD 

What are some of your favorite things about it?

The world, the story, and the breadth of choices you have both to define your character and influence the world.

The world of Eora is very fleshed out in the first game alone. It can be daunting at first, but once things start to *click* and you get to remembering and learning the names, words, and cultures, it’s hard not to be impressed by how coherent and well-realized everything is. How the gods and souls work in particular is very unique among fantasy.

The story is excellent. Without going into too much detail, it does a great job of combining mystery and intrigue with the more sinister and mystical sides of things. And it’s nice that the plot isn’t your typical "save the world" scenario, but rather something more personal to yourself and many other characters. The only potential negatives are that it starts out a little slow and will be confusing until you get your bearings and come to better understand the world itself. Neither of these bother me, but I can totally understand why they’d turn someone off. I’ve found my second playthrough to be much more rewarding specifically because I’ve made a much greater effort to pay attention and learn about the setting.

The options is a big one. Freedom to define your character through the choices they can make is, to me, the most important quality of a good RPG. This game gives you a ton of options for this, and it’s almost never just "good or bad". Even dialogue itself reflects how you play, with your options changing based on stats you build throughout the game. For example, if you usually respond to situations with aggression or violence, then your "Aggressive" stat will slowly increase, and you will unlock more dialogue that lets you use this trait to intimidate people. If you are always honest, then people will start to notice and trust you with secrets they otherwise wouldn’t, and vice versa for "Dishonest". There’s also "Benevolent, Cruel, Stoic, Cunning" and more. And there are pros and cons to all of them.

I could hell now a days I might like the combat

It can be rough, for sure. The combat is very punishing and tactical on basically any difficulty above easy. If you are really liking the story, but struggling with the combat, there’s no shame in turning it down a bit. I definitely wouldn’t recommend starting on harder modes for a first run. Too much of a learning curve. Especially if you’re like me and like to tackle DLC or higher level challenges earlier than you probably should.

but how deep does the writing go

Extremely. The main story gets into the world’s deeper lore towards the end, but the bulk of the early plot is fairly simple even if you don’t know much about the world or lore yet. You’re basically just trying to fix your soul after an certain event messes it up.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog By the way, there is a major "divinely ordained" empire whose homeland is mostly jungle and whose emperors’ symbol of office is a stone containing the souls of the prior rulers who he can commune with. Sound familiar? XD 

The main PC of Avowed is going to be an envoy from said empire.

You like to perpetually keep opening this wound don't you XD

To celebrate, here's Skywind's Imperial Silver rendition 

hamish-bryant-imperialsilvermolre.jpg?16

• Haha 1