Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Who'd have guessed regular military men getting incredibly watered down chemical enhancements and no surgical ones, unlike the literal cyborgs of the Spartan 2's would be less impressive :P

Humanity really went downhill when the UNSC brass turned into a bunch of snowflakes. 

• Haha 1

They all pretty much scapegoated Dr. Halsey, and I remember the Spartan 4 program; while still having impressive military capabilities, was pretty much a PR move to try and save face for the morally repugnant things the UNSC authorized XD

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Although part of why Noble 6 is so badass is that he manages to be as effective as a Spartan-II with the lesser upgrades of a III by just sheer ruthless determination and grit. 

Again; Child Soldiers XD

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Who literally saved humanity. Like I said, buncha snowflakes. XD 

Actually...the Spartan Program coincidentally happened to arrive just before the Human-C war. The Spartans -children abducted by their families, replaced by expiring flash clones, and turned into weapons of war - were authorised...to be used against human rebels to empower a totalitarian  colonial Empire in controlling its people XD

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Actually...the Spartan Program coincidentally happened to arrive just before the Human-C war. The Spartans -children abducted by their families, replaced by expiring flash clones, and turned into weapons of war - were authorised...to be used against human rebels to empower a totalitarian  colonial Empire in controlling its people XD

Innie propaganda. 

• Haha 2

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

And yet you love Rome ;)

Still ended up being the reason humanity won in the long run, the most critical operations of the war were done with Spartan 2's and the mass produced, expendable 3s

This was already all argued n the Halo 4 intro and the Kilo-Shit trilogy XD

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

And yet you love Rome ;)

Still ended up being the reason humanity won in the long run, the most critical operations of the war were done with Spartan 2's and the mass produced, expendable 3s

Rome's an ancient civilization; the UNSC is a near-future totalitarian nightmare that could happen to us if the politicians succeed at globalization  XD

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

@BigBossBalrog @The Good Doctor

Since I haven't touched anything past 4, was Grey Team ever reintroduced in the later games?

No; but there still around in the extended universe. They dropped a nova bomb on a Sangheilli colony killing a couple million of them a couple of weeks before the war ended, and hadn't had there orders counteracted by news of the alliance XD 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

No; but there still around in the extended universe. They dropped a nova bomb on a Sangheilli colony killing a couple million of them a couple of weeks before the war ended, and hadn't had there orders counteracted by news of the alliance XD 

Case in point. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh shit, what book do they show up in? I've a soft spot for those badasses.

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

the UNSC is a near-future totalitarian nightmare that could happen to us if the politicians succeed at globalization  XD

Let’s be real, their version of globalized authoritarianism is way more benevolent than what our world leaders are probably aiming for. 

Has anyone played an EA game on PC lately? They managed to take Origin, which sucked, and replace it with the "EA app" which has made all of my games unplayable. 

• Sad 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach