Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

Been training, and now I have too much energy to sit and play anything. Arms feel like jelly.

Highlights of Work:

suicidal white chick made me chase and hold her, threatened to sue me. Decided to switch patient watch with coworker thinking meth guy was asleep. He was awake and what like five times, makin nurse come and help him. She didn’t give him adequate cleaning stuff and he stood up out of bed after undoing restraints, one of four they kept on him

i let him cause it was a fucking mess and I didn’t blame him tbh. Nurse got pissy and told me to get him. I declined, and said unless he’s a threat or trying to escape I’m not allowed to touch him, which is true.

She was mad at lol but he stood and they replaced his sheets and gave him adequate cleaning material. I was gagging.

Next time I get little blonde white chick im keeping little blonde white chick

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Nearly panicked last night when I finished my chapter 1 French test. This shit is towards 40% of the final grade, and due to a bug in the system my test was graded as a 65.99!

But what it was is 15 out of 23 questions were multiple choice, while the rest were written essays. Turns out I actually got every choice correct.

So in the end I made a 94.5, my professor apologized as the system wasn't supposed to grade it.:rofl:

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

w0Sf3V5.png

Starfield's steam numbers aren't looking so good, Baldur's gate got up to about 800,000 on the first day of it's release. It's probably just because so many people are playing it on gamepass

Especially because gamepass can be used on pc as well

Fuck:dntknw:

Doubt it’s ever made public, but I do wonder what Gamepass players mean for Bethesda. I can see how Microsoft benefits from this, but Beth are missing out on a lot of copies sold. And if Microsoft are making it worth their while, then how is it profitable for them?

These subscription modes are so weird to me. Almost none of them have been profitable on the tv and movies front; I wonder if Gamepass is any different so far. 

But also if sales are down not considering gamepass, then Bethesda did it to themselves honestly. I think Starfield will help them regain a bit of that rpg giant reputation tho because it is really good and needs to be the baseline standard of quality from them from here on out

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

But also if sales are down not considering gamepass, then Bethesda did it to themselves honestly. 

Indeed. They haven’t made themselves as passionately hated as the likes of EA or Naughty Dog; it’s more like apathy. They’ve killed off the mass excitement that used to be come standard with every single announcement they made.

Fallout 4 got hyped to the clouds and back for the first few months it was out, and it was only with time and closer attention that its reputation kinda fell apart. Hopefully Starfield stands the test of time and we can all look back and call it good even years from now. I think that’ll be what Beth needs for their reputation to get back on track in time for TES VI.

33 minutes ago, Centurion said:

But also if sales are down not considering gamepass, then Bethesda did it to themselves honestly. I think Starfield will help them regain a bit of that rpg giant reputation tho because it is really good and needs to be the baseline standard of quality from them from here on out

Im hearing its good and fun but tell me is it honestly something you could see yourself writing for.

Thats basically how I gauge my interest in an rpg nowadays. Or if not write, would I buy merch for this.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

20 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Im hearing its good and fun but tell me is it honestly something you could see yourself writing for.

Thats basically how I gauge my interest in an rpg nowadays. Or if not write, would I buy merch for this.

Easily. Off the top of my head character, Akila City native from the stretch turned bounty hunter to make ends meet. Taking odd jobs here and there before he gets offered a place in the Freestar Rangers. Or grew up on Neon stealing to eat and eventually got hired by a corpo to smuggle some Aurora to New Atlantis before the job went wrong.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Oh, here’s a question I hadn’t thought of yet. 

@Centurion how is the player dialogue variety? Usually even when Beth goes so far as to give us more than one type of response, it’s usually just "good/helpful" or "pure evil/cruelty". Can I play an asshole who doesn’t twist his mustache?

From what I’ve run into so far there’s you skill/background checks, you goody goody answer, your grizzled asshole answer and your bad answer

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Really does sound like an improvement over the player dialogue in any of their past games. 

It feels and plays like a blend between their dialogue in F3 and Obsidians in FNV. FNV dialogue is still better, but it’s a substantial improvement for bethesda

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

It feels and plays like a blend between their dialogue in F3 and Obsidians in FNV. FNV dialogue is still better, but it’s a substantial improvement for bethesda

Pillars of Eternity has spoiled me on player dialogue lately. I have a lot of positive things to say about Obsidian’s writing team, but I think this is probably the area they most consistently shine in. They’ve gotten even better at it since FNV.

Kinda feels weird going back and playing other dialogue-heavy RPGs where the protagonists are barely characters.

The most spoiler free I can make this about the main story is it goes:

Newb lulz

Fetch quest’s *actually interesting tho*

Fus ro dah (but not in a bad way)

Corporate espionage

Well this just got interesting

Fetch Quest 2.0

Emotions and interest increase

The path to revenge?

Religion and shit

Revelations

And that’s as far as I’ve gotten so far