Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

2 hours ago, Centurion said:

I’m looking forward to eventually playing Fallout 5 when I’m retired lol. It’ll be great because we’ll be in the era of gaming where you upload your consciousness into the game world and stuff so my 80 year old body won’t limit me :rofl:

But then you play on day one and it’s buggy and you get stuck in the game and it blows and you discover that bethesda did it, they created hell on earth worse than the matrix 

• Haha 3

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I’m enjoying Starfield thoroughly. I haven’t even done main, faction, or any major side quest lines and the few side quests I’ve done have been enjoyable. I just figured out how to customize my ship and it’s pretty insane and fun. I still need to visit Akila and Neon, but I’ve been to Cedonya and New Atlantis and they are impressive cities by Bethesda standards

Fuck:dntknw:

Just now, Centurion said:

I’m enjoying Starfield thoroughly. I haven’t even done main, faction, or any major side quest lines and the few side quests I’ve done have been enjoyable. I just figured out how to customize my ship and it’s pretty insane and fun. I still need to visit Akila and Neon, but I’ve been to Cedonya and New Atlantis and they are impressive cities by Bethesda standards

How are the armors? I’m not a big fan of the sort of "NASA punk" (Bethesda’s term, not mine :P) aesthetic of the game or the tubby dome-faced space suits they used in the promos. Can you branch out from that and make your character look a little less like someone who they’d hire to fake a moon landing?

Also, what’s the armor system even like? Lots of pieces, like TES, one or two like in Fallout 1-3, or over/under armors like Fallout 4?

14 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

How are the armors? I’m not a big fan of the sort of "NASA punk" (Bethesda’s term, not mine :P) aesthetic of the game or the tubby dome-faced space suits they used in the promos. Can you branch out from that and make your character look a little less like someone who they’d hire to fake a moon landing?

Also, what’s the armor system even like? Lots of pieces, like TES, one or two like in Fallout 1-3, or over/under armors like Fallout 4?

So space suits are a big part of the game. The clothing is very Fallout 3-NV where an outfit is one piece and headgear is one piece. The space suit vary from cool looking advanced nasa punk suits to very recognizable space suits and there’s a lot of variation in the space suit helmets. The boost packs also have a lot of variation. I’ll take some screen shots later and upload them after my girls go to skeep

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

So I’m 2-3 hours behind y’all, if you’re up for it I can do that screen share thing through discord and show y’all the game a little bit, or if it’ll be too late I can record and upload the raw footage to YouTube and send y’all a link

I am not where I can get on discord right now. But if the YouTube video is too much trouble, I don’t mind just waiting til another day if you’d prefer that. 

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I am not where I can get on discord right now. But if the YouTube video is too much trouble, I don’t mind just waiting til another day if you’d prefer that. 

It’ll be a bit. Still about an hour to go before my girls go down

30 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@Centurion How have you found the story pacing in Starfield so far? We’ve talked before about how Bethesda has a tendency to make their MQs the most pressing thing in the world, to the extent that it feels weird to leave it alone to go do other stuff. Is that an issue you’ve found to be present here as well?

Absolutely not. Honestly so far the main quest feels very ignorable. I’m just doing the main quest right now with my first playthrough and where I’m at currently feels like those first couple of mission Caius sends you on in Morrowind. As of right now there’s not some grave universal doom coming that only the PC is capable destroying

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Absolutely not. Honestly so far the main quest feels very ignorable. I’m just doing the main quest right now with my first playthrough and where I’m at currently feels like those first couple of mission Caius sends you on in Morrowind.

That is a big plus. I know virtually nothing about Starfield’s main quest, but it’ll be nice to not feel pressured to rush it like is usually the case.