Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

It is XD

Baldur's Gate 3 on it's own is a huge time investment too; it's had like 150 hours of gameplay on your first playthrough.

Yea I’m still not done lol but getting there, took my time playing and still missed a few things apparently lol, the game is even more detailed than witcher 3. Was genuinely impressed, was what I expected from cyberpunk.

am on act 3 and met shadowhearts parents. Managed to kill murder bitch and her grandpa, took his sick sword and my barbarian is unstoppable. Saved most people from the underwater prison, disabled the medieval mechs, and now gonna go fund this dragon 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

@ColonelKillaBee Not sure if quoting a something inside of spoilers keeps the spoiler tag on it so i'll just avoid that,

"am on act 3 and met shadowhearts parents. Managed to kill murder bitch and her grandpa, took his sick sword and my barbarian is unstoppable. Saved most people from the underwater prison, disabled the medieval mechs, and now gonna go fund this dragon "
What you decide on her parents?
Sarevok reveal was dope.
Underwater prison? We completely forgot to go to the iron throne if that is what you mean.
Nice on the mechs and good luck with the dragon my guy!

Edited by Elden Clown
  • Like 1

Yea the iron throne:

it’s where Wyll’s dad is being held, along with the good guy mind flayer. It’s a quest you gotta complete in six turns lol and is high stress but tbh it’s not that bad. Just send your guys in different directions. I sent myself and shadowheart towards wylls pops and was able to save him despite Mizora.

If you save him he’ll tell you about the dragon

Edited by ColonelKillaBee
Fucking phone autocorrecting me
  • Thanks 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

29 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea the iron throne:

Reveal hidden contents

it’s where Wyll’s dad is being held, along with the good guy mind flayer. It’s a quest you gotta complete in six turns lol and is high stress but tbh it’s not that bad. Just send your guys in different directions. I sent myself and shadowheart towards wylls pops and was able to save him despite Mizora.

If you save him he’ll tell you about the dragon

Noted, will do in my solo. Thank you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Funny thought. In 50 years, Baldur’s Gate 3 will be significantly older than Tetris is today. 

Don't think any game will be as legendary enough as Tetris to become a minigame in a lot of other games though, usually renamed to Inventory management. 

I’m actually enjoying Starfield quite a bit. The very very little I’ve done and seen so far has been enjoyable. In classic Bethesda fashion tho, mods will fix the minor complaints I have lmao. It really feels like Bethesda finally took the feedback from Skyrim, F4, and F76 and actually listened. 

Silent protagonist makes a triumphant return with a good dialogue system very reminiscent of FNV and F3. The persuasion mini game in dialogue is really interesting and they background checks, skill checks, extra. 

the one companion I have so far is actually a character on her own and it’s refreshing. Think a mix between F4 companions with FNV’s able to inquire into there thoughts/backgrounds and you can even have them speak for you in some instances.

skill/perks in the game is a fusion between TES use to improve and F4’s perk system. Like one of the perks I took was boost pack skill. In order to “level” the skill up to level 2 and unlock more abilities and better boost pack upgrades I had to use the boost pack 10 times in combat. So on and so forth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fuck:dntknw:

10 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Crazy how low the enthusiasm is for a big new Bethesda game. I think it’s safe to say that everyone here was a huge fan of theirs back in the day; it’s what led to us making this group in the first place. And now they’ve released their first (non-76) game in 8 years and only one of us has even bought it.

I may play it eventually but it looks very rote to me, and they're charging $70 just for the base game? 

Though mainly I just won't have time to play. Not even sure when I'll get to Phantom Liberty. I'll probably wait at least until Cyber Tweaks mod is updated for that. I really can't play anymore without unlocking all the vehicles and cyberware. Playing without my beloved nomad vehicles and double jump ability is too annoying.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

14 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Crazy how low the enthusiasm is for a big new Bethesda game. I think it’s safe to say that everyone here was a huge fan of theirs back in the day; it’s what led to us making this group in the first place. And now they’ve released their first (non-76) game in 8 years and only one of us has even bought it.

Yeah, I was never really “hyped” for Starfield. I bought it because I want to enjoy it, but I’m not like foaming at the mouth to jump back into it everyday like I was the first 4 months Fallout 4 was out lol. If this was Elder Scrolls 6 I would be losing my fucking mind and my wife would probably be pissed because she wouldn’t be able to get me off of the computer. I think a big thing contributing to the lack of enthusiasm amongst us is Bethesda cultivated that reaction with the lackluster Creation Club, Skyrim AE, Fallout 4, and 76. They fucked around and made awful decisions and released half-baked shit for almost a decade. It’s a self inflicted injury on their part. With what I’ve experienced so far in Starfield tho it feels like a bit of a course correction and I can genuinely say, at this point, it gives me hope for TES 6. I’m hoping the rest of the game doesn’t disappoint and the DLC is great too but that remains to be seen.

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

36 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I’m looking forward to eventually playing Fallout 5 when I’m retired lol. It’ll be great because we’ll be in the era of gaming where you upload your consciousness into the game world and stuff so my 80 year old body won’t limit me :rofl:

I'm artsy as shit so give me a mind message in the future and I'll come make what ever thing you have to use by then look like one of the machines from the memory den in FO4.

4 hours ago, Celan said:

I may play it eventually but it looks very rote to me, and they're charging $70 just for the base game? 

I think that’s shifting towards industry standard. Kinda surprised it hadn’t already, considering how $60 doesn’t go nearly as far as it did twenty years ago. 

I’m in the same boat for Starfield, though. It’s not that it sounds bad, I just have very low interest in it. The setting looks boring to me; I’m already just not that into space sci-fi on its own, but on top of that, it just doesn’t seem to have any kind of hook that makes it stand out at all. Not to mention, @Centurion is right that Bethesda have been steadily eroding my opinion of them for the last decade. I reckon I’ll give it a try it on gamepass if nothing else, but I’m in no hurry. More interested in getting a gauge on where Bethesda’s at for TES VI than I am in this game itself. 

• Like 1