Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

It's been announced Bloodlines 2 was rebooted; been in dev cycle for two years.

I lost all interest in that project when they booted Chris Avellone on false allegations and then proceeded to scrub his fingerprints from the game so hard that it necessitated redoing basically everything. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I lost all interest in that project when they booted Chris Avellone on false allegations and then proceeded to scrub his fingerprints from the game so hard that it necessitated redoing basically everything. 

To be fair; that version of the project was scrapped too :rofl: It's the "third" iteration so to speak 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

To be fair; that version of the project was scrapped too :rofl: It's the "third" iteration so to speak 

They're kicking the revivified corpse again, eh? No thank you. This has Thief 4 vibes written all over it.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

6.5 hours into Starfield. I’m warming up to it. I’ve encountered a Freestar Ranger and from what I can tell they are the FC equivalent to the UC’s Vanguard but idk for sure yet. Zero G combat is a trip. Enemies are damage spongy as always with Bethesda. Boarding is cool, you disable a ships shields, and then their engines and dock you ship to there’s then do normal combat in their ship and you can claim the ship for yourself. Everytime I enter a new system a new quest line starts. One thing I noticed that’s kinda annoying and is really not inline with Bethesda is the body looting. The weapons, ammo, aid, and junk items are all true to form but the outfit and gear looting is totally random. It’s not always what the person is actively wearing and when you loot the “clothes” of space suit gear the items don’t respawn on the corpse. More thoughts to come later

• Thanks 1

Fuck:dntknw:

22 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

lYToD9x.png

Elinora is a...controversial figure in the modding community, but i'm glad Beth has continued to hire the people who fix there games  XD

You can definitely feel elinora’s touch in Starfield. The clutter and decorations around the location is way better and way more lived in than any previous Bethesda title

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

You can definitely feel elinora’s touch in Starfield. The clutter and decorations around the location is way better and way more lived in than any previous Bethesda title

Speaking of clutter, how are the physics for stuff like that? Can you drag around stuff with any precision, or is it still really difficult and prone to slingshotting items around when they bump wrong?

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Speaking of clutter, how are the physics for stuff like that? Can you drag around stuff with any precision, or is it still really difficult and prone to slingshotting items around when they bump wrong?

I haven’t fucked around with stuff yet. I’ve mostly just been looting everything lmao. I’ll let you know tho

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

No starfield for me, unless I get bored of bg3, which I doubt

Crazy how low the enthusiasm is for a big new Bethesda game. I think it’s safe to say that everyone here was a huge fan of theirs back in the day; it’s what led to us making this group in the first place. And now they’ve released their first (non-76) game in 8 years and only one of us has even bought it.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Crazy how low the enthusiasm is for a big new Bethesda game. I think it’s safe to say that everyone here was a huge fan of theirs back in the day; it’s what led to us making this group in the first place. And now they’ve released their first (non-76) game in 8 years and only one of us has even bought it.

To be fair this one time...I think most of us were busy on other games. The last couple of months have been crazy for new releases XD

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

To be fair this one time...I think most of us were busy on other games. The last couple of months have been crazy for new releases XD

Besides Baldur’s Gate 3 and Starfield what else has come out?

Only game I know I am getting this month is the dead space remake

yea I know that’s not new anymore lol

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Armored Core 6 (Sekiro with Mechs done by FROMSOFT), Final Fantasy, Pikman, and a bunch of others last month too 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’ve mostly been playing nothing but oldies. Pillars of Eternity, Metro, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, and Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Cyberpunk and Hogwarts will get added back into the list once I knock out one or two of those.

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I’ve mostly been playing nothing but oldies. Pillars of Eternity, Metro, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, and Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Cyberpunk and Hogwarts will get added back into the list once I knock out one or two of those.

Ah right, guess I should save up and upgrade my pc. Then I’ll finally give cyberpunk a try. Graphics cards have gotten much cheaper

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ok lemme edit my inquiry. What’s come out this month that is actually good and I’ll care about xD

The FromSoft mechs game sounds badass won’t lie but fuck final fantasy

It is XD

Baldur's Gate 3 on it's own is a huge time investment too; it's had like 150 hours of gameplay on your first playthrough.

• Like 1