Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

Tho I will say, I haven’t encountered any bugs yet or glitches. Haven’t had a crash yet either. Animations, people graphics, clothes, and overall graphically fidelity is phenomenal. I have high hopes for TES 6 in these areas. An elder scrolls game with the picture and smoothness of gameplay will be ground breaking. In terms of how much of an improvement Starfield is compared to Fallout 4 would be like going from Morrowind to Skyrim SE

Fuck:dntknw:

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

How long is the opening before the game turns you loose to explore and whatnot?

Definitely longer than helgen. I’d say it would be Fallout 4’s intro, but instead of exiting the vault and getting free reign, you’d need to rescue Preston and then the game let’s you vibe

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

This could be good for video games. Hollywood celebrity voice actors have been such a pain for the industry. Companies can save millions of dollars and get better talent by just hiring regular old professional VAs in their place. Does a game really improve that much from having Peter Dinklage in it?

Starting to think the Film Actors Guild just hates actors and is trying to starve them out of the industry. XD "Can’t work on movies/TV? Fine, I’ll pay my bills doing commercials. Oh, no commercials either? Okay… video games it is… damnit."

I had  no idea that the nanny had become such a tyrant. XD The article mostly mentioned motion capture. They're afraid that studios will use human mocap sessions to train AI.

It really is just tilting against the inevitable.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

12 hours ago, Centurion said:

Definitely longer than helgen. I’d say it would be Fallout 4’s intro, but instead of exiting the vault and getting free reign, you’d need to rescue Preston and then the game let’s you vibe

It’s funny how this has been a very common critique of Beth since Oblivion, but it just keeps getting worse with each subsequent game.

Did you notice an option to re-edit your character at the end of the intro, like they used to do? Would be nice to at least be able to make a save and skip it on future playthroughs. 

36 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s funny how this has been a very common critique of Beth since Oblivion, but it just keeps getting worse with each subsequent game.

Did you notice an option to re-edit your character at the end of the intro, like they used to do? Would be nice to at least be able to make a save and skip it on future playthroughs. 

No final edit of the character option at the end

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Although the tutorial being longer makes sense because it introduces you to a lot, like movement, extraction, flight, space combat, grab jumping, pirates, etc whereas fallout and Skyrim are here’s how to swing a sword and cast a spell lol

I don’t really mind a long intro that much. Fallout 3 probably has my favorite intro to any of Bethesda’s games since Morrowind. I just want the option to skip it on subsequent playthroughs. Dedicating an hour to the exact same content every time I make a character is excessive. 

25 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t really mind a long intro that much. Fallout 3 probably has my favorite intro to any of Bethesda’s games since Morrowind. I just want the option to skip it on subsequent playthroughs. Dedicating an hour to the exact same content every time I make a character is excessive. 

This is one critique of Cyberpunk 2077 that's actually fair. Act One up through the Heist is pretty linear and gets really repetitive on replays, though to be fair you can explore one district and there are several ways to play the Heist and its predecessor missions.

Watching that Random Film Critic final review of Rings of Power, a penny dropped... the showrunners are proteges of J.J. Abrams. My god, who in hell at Amazon looked at these two young inexperienced writers (who even look kind of like Dumb and Dumber), witnessed what Abrams has done to the Star Wars fandom, and thought "let's hand our studio over to them"? This duo also wrote early drafts for Star Trek: Beyond. My only association with that movie is hearing Critical Drinker use it as an example of how un-talented writers try to crib off better material that's gone before them for cheap sentimental value. That sounds familiar... Once again, what was Bezos drinking that day?

Sorry to beat the dead horse. I just can't get over how these shitty writers have been handed successful IPs and fucking boatloads of cash and turned them into incomprehensible shit. Then tried to blame the audiences for the failures.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

5 minutes ago, Celan said:

This is one critique of Cyberpunk 2077 that's actually fair. Act One up through the Heist is pretty linear and gets really repetitive on replays, though to be fair you can explore one district and there are several ways to play the Heist and its predecessor missions.

I’ve played Act 1 three times now, so I definitely know what you mean. XD Though at least some of the quests in it do have multiple ways to move through them, so it’s not completely identical every time.

Watching that Random Film Critic final review of Rings of Power, a penny dropped... the showrunners are proteges of J.J. Abrams.

Most incredible at all is that this guy would even have protégés. 

Sorry to beat the dead horse. I just can't get over how these shitty writers have been handed successful IPs and fucking boatloads of cash and turned them into incomprehensible shit. Then tried to blame the audiences for the failures.

It’s the same thing every time. In a sense, the real dead horses are the IPs and they are the ones who are beating them. We’re just watching it happen and pointing out how ridiculous it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Any that seem particularly interesting yet?

I haven’t gotten far enough to actually know what the fuck they are about other than United Colonies claims to be the direct descendants of earth and its governments, earth being rendered uninhabitable in the early 2200’s. The Freestar Collective idk I have encountered them yet, the crimson fleet is space pirates and House Var’uun are crazy homicidal space Christian’s that worship a giant snake. I’m sure I’ll be able to give a more in-depth description in like a week or two lol. With 2 kids it’s hard to game like I used too, I only played a total of 5 hours yesterday

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

In a discussion about Zos turning off all gifting period so I can’t buy stuff with in game gold. You can only spend real money, so people quitting in droves

Do I understand this right? They banned gifting because $$$, lots of people, including you, are annoyed and talking about it on the forums, causing guys like the top to whine about your annoyance, and eventually you got reported and suspended for calling it stockholm syndrome?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Do I understand this right? They banned gifting because $$$, lots of people, i closing you, are annoyed and talking about it on the forums, causing guys like the top to whine about your annoyance, and eventually you got reported and suspended for calling it stockholm syndrome?

Thats it exactly, yes. 

Needless to say, I'm done with eso for the foreseeable future. 

Been playing bg3 anyway and working this new job. Still getting used to nightshift 

• Haha 2

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Thats it exactly, yes. 

Been playing bg3 anyway and working this new job. Still getting used to nightshift 

Sounds about right. The online gaming sphere is getting pussified something fierce. I just read an article about how Activision is implementing an AI "toxicity moderator bot" in their next CoD game that will monitor all online chat and auto-ban players who it considers toxic without any humans even having to lift a finger. My question is: who’s going to be left to play CoD after all the "toxic" players have been taken out? XD 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Sounds about right. The online gaming sphere is getting pussified something fierce. I just read an article about how Activision is implementing an AI "toxicity moderator bot" in their next CoD game that will monitor all online chat and auto-ban players who it considers toxic without any humans even having to lift a finger. My question is: who’s going to be left to play CoD after all the "toxic" players have been taken out? XD 

20 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Thats it exactly, yes. 

It won't feel as good to be a sunbro anymore when there's no trolls and griefers to police XD

• Haha 2