Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

13 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Speaking of Halo; modding been getting quite interesting. I saw this...it's just a remix of the Pillar of Autumn, till about a quarter way through the mission, it becomes...quite different. Alot of really cool new scripted events too XD

Those Halo CE style ODST's look sick.

Had to pause the video and do some errands, but I'm pretty impressed.

I love the look of the Flood, wearing the outfits and armors of those they infected. Makes me wonder why that aesthetic wasn't used in CE. Maybe due to time constraints, maybe it was never considered in the first place.

However, the nerd in me points out that the combat forms doing more cognitive movements and dodges is teeeechnically not lore friendly due to there being no gravemind. Unless there already is a protogravemind in this alternate mod universe.

36 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Like so many amazing Halo mods, this has a bunch of great ideas. But goes overboard and starts making a mess of balance.

The book only and CE weapons were my favorite additions

I played it; it's literally bloat the mod XD 

It's still quite fun, but it makes alot of changes that made sure I wouldn't be playing it again. 

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I played it; it's literally bloat the mod XD 

It's still quite fun, but it makes alot of changes that made sure I wouldn't be playing it again. 

I literally would have been extremely happy for just the book and CE weapons. By all accounts would have been in the game lore wise 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

zh9yzqmdehc31.jpg.74bb7399368b3499af4e9bda13fa5ee0.jpg

I wonder what Sony and Microsoft think about the fact if they told their fans to arm themselves with guns and attack there competition in the streets, a ton of people would XD

Ugh, what in unholy corporate hell is that?

This video trods familiar ground, but mentions Halo and is probably the best takedown of Rings of Power that I've seen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I wonder what Sony and Microsoft think about the fact if they told their fans to arm themselves with guns and attack there competition in the streets, a ton of people would XD

But if they did, who would win? XD 

2 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Elites are no joke, I never realized how tough 3 made them until fighting'em

I’ve played all the Bungie games a ton, but probably go back to 3 the least. So whenever I get reminded that there are no enemy Elites in it, it’s always a bit of an "oh crap" moment. Kinda crazy they just casually dropped their most famous enemy for one of the games.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

But if they did, who would win? XD 

I’ve played all the Bungie games a ton, but probably go back to 3 the least. So whenever I get reminded that there are no enemy Elites in it, it’s always a bit of an "oh crap" moment. Kinda crazy they just casually dropped their most famous enemy for one of the games.

It was bold for sure XD I know their controversial, but I like the Elite/3/Brutes, there a well done archetype. 

They officially added Elites as an enemy type in ODST overhauled MCC firefight mode, so if you ever wanted to feel what it was like fighting 3's elites, there's that 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Celan said:

This video trods familiar ground, but mentions Halo and is probably the best takedown of Rings of Power that I've seen.

Fun channel. Super nerdy. This guy’s apparently got lots of insider contacts from when he worked in the movie industry.

I don’t typically recommend my favorite Rings of Power takedown because I just assume most people would never take the time to watch it. It’s like 10 hours long and took me weeks of listening to it while driving. But basically goes scene-by-scene crazy in-depth. XD 

Me and my fiancee are so close to the end of BG3. We believe we are two side quests from focusing on the end of the story. I'm excited, A little sad but I can't wait to do it all over again. But also can't wait to get through it all with @TheCzarsHussar
This game has been grand. Just such a nice refresh and, not to drag this topic back up, I truly hope this does set a new standard somehow. It hasn't been flawless, it has bugs, glitches, rare crashes and some other issues but they're working hard to fix everything and I can't wait to see where it's at 1 year hell even a couple months down the line. They're adding/have added in either new content or some stuff that got cut. 
Gonna start working on my homebrew campaign again. Wouldn't mind some opinions on some stuff here and there if y'all feel up to it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Fun channel. Super nerdy. This guy’s apparently got lots of insider contacts from when he worked in the movie industry.

I don’t typically recommend my favorite Rings of Power takedown because I just assume most people would never take the time to watch it. It’s like 10 hours long and took me weeks of listening to it while driving. But basically goes scene-by-scene crazy in-depth. XD 

Who did that?

I was lol'ing at his videos last night, even on movies I'd never see. "You can't put the soy milk back into the titty," that one really got me. His Ahsoka review was 100% better than the movie, I'm sure.

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

1 hour ago, Celan said:

Who did that?

I was lol'ing at his videos last night, even on movies I'd never see. "You can't put the soy milk back into the titty," that one really got me. His Ahsoka review was 100% better than the movie, I'm sure.

It’s split into a series of videos. They’re pretty amusing but also well-done. Here’s the first.

He makes it clear that he’s only judging the show on its own merits, and not comparing it to the books or movies. So basically, he’s lowering the bar significantly from what was set by Tolkien or even Jackson, and it still utterly fails on every level. XD 

So his reviews are almost as long as the actual series? I'm not sure I can stomach it but okay. XD

If you want to watch something worthy on YT, I've been binging videos from a Swedish Boeing training pilot (since I'm an aviation expert now XD)- the best aviation channel I've found. His MentourPilot videos are breakdowns of air disasters, with a lot of interesting technical and personnel insights, and Mentour Now! goes into aviation technology and business news.

https://www.youtube.com/@MentourPilot

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Celan said:

So his reviews are almost as long as the actual series? I'm not sure I can stomach it but okay. XD

Yeah, it’s not for everyone, but I really like long-form reviews. I listen to them while driving, doing chores, playing the more mindless video games, and such. Or watch in 20 minute segments over a really long span of time. XD 

36 minutes ago, Celan said:

His MentourPilot videos are breakdowns of air disasters, with a lot of interesting technical and personnel insights, and Mentour Now! goes into aviation technology and business news.

This might be a little outside my wheelhouse, but hell I’ll give it a look. 

Here’s a channel I’ve really enjoyed lately. He’s a former Navy Seal turned storyteller who does some pretty extensive research into spooky and mysterious historic events or news stories and presents them in a way that‘s really addicting to listen to. 

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCtPrkXdtCM5DACLufB9jbsA

38 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Here’s a channel I’ve really enjoyed lately. He’s a former Navy Seal turned storyteller who does some pretty extensive research into spooky and mysterious historic events or news stories and presents them in a way that‘s really addicting to listen to. 

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCtPrkXdtCM5DACLufB9jbsA

I was subscribed to him already, so must have come across the channel somehow even though I don't remember it.

• Like 1