Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

Like, I’d rather talk to Tim Cain, Chris Avellone, or JE Sawyer about writing, quest design, mechanics, etc. All the stuff that goes into making a game. That’s what they’re good at and I’m sure it would be a very insightful conversation.

But if I could ever have an honest sit down with Todd Howard, forget all that video game shit. I wanna ask him about the names on Jeffrey Epstein’s flight list.

• Haha 1

Heavy spoilers for Act 3 for anyone playing BG3 or planning to but I have to share this boss music. 

I absolutely love it. You spend some time in what is Raphael's home, he is a devil. The whole time everyone is telling you that you shouldn't be here and that he is on his way home and that he is pissed. So much build up to his fight and when it finally hits. You are having to fight him, a bunch of other devils and some other stuff all the while this banger starts playing. He even sings in his own song. It's some Disney level villain music and I am all for it. Best fight of the game so far. 

55 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They gave her a new design (based on the classic, but modernized) which looks pretty cool though XD

Yeah, it’s sad but Lara looks better in freaking CoD than she has in the last three of her own games. Hopefully this is an indicator of the design they’ll use in the next one, whenever that’ll be.

Kinda reminds me of 343 with Chief. They tried so hard to make their weird redesign work in Halo 4 and 5, but everyone was happier when they just brought back the more classic look in Infinite.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, it’s sad but Lara looks better in freaking CoD than she has in the last three of her own games. Hopefully this is an indicator of the design they’ll use in the next one, whenever that’ll be.

Kinda reminds me of 343 with Chief. They tried so hard to make their weird redesign work in Halo 4 and 5, but everyone was happier when they just brought back the more classic look in Infinite.

My (second) biggest complaint with Halo 4 was the weird ass art styles 343 used for everything's armor. It just looked so... off brand, like a Playstation ripoff of Halo more than Halo.

Don't even get me started on how they turned the lean and lightning fast elites into bulky lumbering brutes, who are even more clumsy than actual Brutes.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Alot of big names like Gamespot, IGN, and PCGAMER are giving lukewarm reviews. The score's impressive....not impressive for a Bethesda game :rofl: The console wars are going get so heated. 

I’ll wait for the game to come out to give any credence to what people are saying about it. I couldn’t care less about Starfield, but these review sites aren’t worth a damn and love piling onto games when it’s trendy to do so. It’s definitely trendy to hate on Bethesda right now, kinda like it was with CDPR a few years back, so I take their words with a grain of salt. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ll wait for the game to come out to give any credence to what people are saying about it. I couldn’t care less about Starfield, but these review sites aren’t worth a damn and love piling onto games when it’s trendy to do so. It’s definitely trendy to hate on Bethesda right now, kinda like it was with CDPR a few years back, so I take their words with a grain of salt. 

I disagree to an extent; considering the fact they had the the whole metacritic bonus that costed Obsidian some hard earned bucks, I say it's kinda karma  XD 

39 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I disagree to an extent; considering the fact they had the the whole metacritic bonus that costed Obsidian some hard earned bucks, I say it's kinda karma  XD 

I’m just talking about the quality of the game. I expect it will be disappointing, but not because game journos are saying so. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think the funniest thing about it is that they think Sony would even need to buy lower scores for Starfield. As if the notion of Bethesda making a mediocre game is just too unbelievable. XD 

This is from the type of people who brag about swearing their blade to a certain company/console...while about to operate on some poor schmuck XD

• Haha 1