Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Curious, what games do y’all have installed right now?

Here are mine. Least on the Xbox.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_7221.thumb.jpeg.6dc9504ebbf566519c28d24200d2c1e8.jpeg

Baldur's Gate 3, Baldur's Gate 1, The Outer Worlds, Battlebit Remastered, Farming Simulator 22, Halo MCC (thank you Czar), New World, Outward, Project Zomboid, Stardew Valley (fiancee's game), DAO, Pillars Of Eternity, GTA: Vice City and South Park: Stick of truth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Curious, what games do y’all have installed right now?

Here are mine. Least on the Xbox.

Hide contents

IMG_7221.thumb.jpeg.6dc9504ebbf566519c28d24200d2c1e8.jpeg

Halo: MCC, Metro Last Light, Total War (Rome 1, Rome 2, Attila, and Empire), Elden Ring, Baldurs Gate 3, Dark Souls 2: Scholar, Elder Scrolls (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion), New Vegas, Outward, Pillars of Eternity, Project Zomboid, Civ 5.

• Like 1

@The Good Doctor these are the main BIG mods right now for it

Realm of Thrones at Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Game of thrones mod

CA - Eagle Rising - Dawn of an Empire at Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Classical era mod that changes the world from late roman-early medieval to essentially Caeser era. 

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

30 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I feel like if I ever played any version other than the GoT mod, I would forget everything that’s going on any time I walk away for a few weeks. Would be easier to keep straight in my head if I’m I’m already familiar with the characters and factions.

It’s not really a deep game with lore and story lol. The story of the game is make character, build army, conquer lmao

Fuck:dntknw:

8 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

How is Kingmaker?

Challenging but I really liked it, replayed several times. The DLC, Varnhold's Lot, is also really good and intersects with the main story.

• Thanks 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

LEAKY LEAKY LEAKKKY

Besides perhaps LucasFilm, is there anybody in the history of media that jangle keys more than Bethesda?

I swear, Fallout to them is just a series of mascots for fans to mindlessly cheer at. Trailer was literally just "vertibirds, power armor, ghoul, nukes!!!"

Not a unique thing in it, and no emphasis on story or characters at all. Just "clap for the shinies". ¬¬

58 minutes ago, Centurion said:

it’s really not that deep lmao. There’s really not much diplomacy or anything :rofl:

Kinda disappointing to hear, actually. Most the descriptions I heard of the first one were all about the cool alliances you could forge, marriage pacts, plotting your moves, etc.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Besides perhaps LucasFilm, is there anybody in the history of media that jangle keys more than Bethesda?

I swear, Fallout to them is just a series of mascots for fans to mindlessly cheer at. Trailer was literally just "vertibirds, power armor, ghoul, nukes!!!"

Not a unique thing in it, and no emphasis on story or characters at all. Just "clap for the shinies". ¬¬

At least those Paladins looked pretty baller XD

For the teaser, I can understand front-centering the those elements. They want to show the universe that it's Fallout XD But not excuse if the plot is literally Fallout 1 (and by extension 3) . 5

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s exactly my problem. To them, "Fallout" = "power armor, vault boy, bombs".

I feel that too a degree, but at the same time when there's such a high profile transfer from one big medium to another; I can't help but me a little more understanding. I think there might have been a huge fear of looking like a generic post-apocalypse world; the market is saturated with works like that. 

Fallout has a very unique visual style. So again, I don't mind seeing those recognized elements in the first teaser 

Corporate probably mandated it XD

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Look on the bright side; Rings of Powers didn't feel like Lord of the RIngs, and it was fucking awful, maybe this will be directly the opposite :rofl:

Hope so. The direct opposite of Rings of Power would be the greatest series in the history of television. XD 

For the last month or two, I’ve been very slowly working my way through a YouTube series that goes through each episode to talk about them in detail. Because I hate myself. I already considered the show dogshit, but honing in on the details makes it so much worse than even that. 

• Haha 1