Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

17 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The show is really bad; only twenty minutes left, hopefully something good XD

Phantom Liberty must’ve been a stand-out then, because I thought that was a good showing of its gameplay overhauls. Especially interested in the new skill tree and the changes made to old ones, as the build options never really grabbed me in the vanilla game.

What else have they shown?

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Phantom Liberty must’ve been a stand-out then, because I thought that was a good showing of its gameplay overhauls. Especially interested in the new skill tree and the changes made to old ones, as the build options never really grabbed me in the vanilla game.

What else have they shown?

It all blended with Unity/Unreal AA games XD

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Anything on Alone in the Dark? That got me curious after I learned that one of the lead writers for Amnesia and S0MA (but not Afterbirth) had a big hand in it. 

I was looking for that too; It got a big showcase two months ago

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It all blended with Unity/Unreal AA games XD

In guess there will be more stuff tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I was looking for that too; It got a big showcase two months ago

Saw that. There’s nothing in it that’s really excited me, but nothing that turned me off either. Just need more to go off of. 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Coupling this with the story and world videos they shared for it earlier this year, this expansion is shaping up to look really, really good. Might be the perfect opportunity for me to get back into it. :D 

@Celan Any thoughts?

A lot of it looks like things they had planned for the game that didn't get finished, like the Relic perks and car combat.

I'm a little leery of so much overhaul in an existing game. Things tend to get nerfed or changed that I like, and to satisfy critics of the game that I'd just as soon have fuck off, but we'll see.

I just want my movie boyfriend. XD 

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

4 minutes ago, Celan said:

I'm a little leery of so much overhaul in an existing game. Things tend to get nerfed or changed that I like, and to satisfy critics of the game that I'd just as soon have fuck off, but we'll see.

I get that. Though I guess it depends on what’s being overhauled vs simply added. A new skill tree could be a cool addition without taking away from anything else, and the police system was a pretty minor part of the game, so an overhaul could mean some nice improvements.

Main question is the changes to existing perk trees. I don’t personally feel much attachment to the way they are right now; they serve their purpose, but aren’t really anything special or what makes the game good to me (Cybernetics are currently the more interesting progression system), so I get a little excited by the prospect of it maybe being improved on.

10 minutes ago, Celan said:

I just want my movie boyfriend. XD 

Keanu Reeves or Idris Elba? XD 

This is a minor quibble and probably unrealistic, but I’d actually really love a third person mode. If I recall correctly, it was something they mentioned wanting to do very early in development.

But that’s probably really tough to get right when you’ve already designed your whole game around first person. And I can count on my hands the number of games I’ve played that actually allow POV swaps (and they’re nearly all from Bethesda or Rockstar), so it’s not something I’d ever hold against CDPR for not implementing.

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently they’re giving unique attributes to some weapon types. Katana's can block bullets now XD

More differentiation between weapon types is always a good thing. Doubt it ever affects me though as I rarely touch melee weapons in games that offer so many sweet sweet leadspitters. :AK47:

44 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Keanu Reeves or Idris Elba? XD 

Idris! Though I will say, I really like the dynamic that develops between V and Johnny, especially with female V. Like a kid sister- big brother thing.

28 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

More differentiation between weapon types is always a good thing. Doubt it ever affects me though as I rarely touch melee weapons in games that offer so many sweet sweet leadspitters. :AK47:

Melee is ridiculously viable and fun, but I understand needing the boom.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

Idris! Though I will say, I really like the dynamic that develops between V and Johnny, especially with female V. Like a kid sister- big brother thing.

With what I’ve played of male V, I got the impression of a more "head-butting, ego-clashing, but ultimately cooperative" vibe. Which I also quite like and hope can hold true throughout the story.

5 minutes ago, Celan said:

Melee is ridiculously viable and fun, but I understand needing the boom.

Oh yeah, I totally believe it. I just like me some guns. :lol: And Cyberpunk does have really solid gunplay. Combining it with hacking abilities to take on enemy groups is a whole lot of fun.

• Like 1

Cyberpunk 2077, Pathfinder Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous, Fallout 4, Witcher 3 and Oblivion

• Like 1

Battlefront 2042, Hogwarts Legacy, Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, ESO, Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, The Outer Worlds, Mount & Blade: Warband, MOUNT & BLADE 2: BANNERLORD, Cyberpunk

Edited by Centurion
  • Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

6 hours ago, Celan said:

Idris!

Reminds me, and I know this will be a tough sell, but if anyone wants to see my favorite Idris Elba role, you should check out "The Suicide Squad" (not to be confused with the awful "Suicide Squad" from a few years before). I’m as sick of superhero movies as the next person, but that one has some really good stuff in it. Plot is pretty silly and full of contrivances, but the humor and character work are actually great. Idris Elba and John Cena are the standouts. You could tell Elba was having a lot of fun with the role.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Reminds me, and I know this will be a tough sell, but if anyone wants to see my favorite Idris Elba role, you should check out "The Suicide Squad" (not to be confused with the awful "Suicide Squad" from a few years before). I’m as sick of superhero movies as the next person, but that one has some really good stuff in it. Plot is pretty silly and contrived, but the humor and character work are actually great. Idris Elba and John Cena are the standouts. You could tell Elba was having a lot of fun with the role.

Great actor in general; he was absolutely terrifying in Beasts of No Nation (where he was an insane Child-Soldier using Warlord)...and a pretty hilarious knuckles in the Sonic movie XD

I remember him being standout in SS but John Cena stole all the headlines XD

• Like 1