Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Stumbled on a nice video that pretty much sums up my thoughts. Think it’s the same guy you linked a tweet from the other day.

It really reeks of insecurity that so many devs are worried about increasing standards as if that’s a bad thing. XD 

Kind of a fucking trend isn't it XD

2022.03.07-04.45-boundingintocomics-6226

Western devs need to fucking stop having temper tantrums when a company shits on them so hard they'll now have to put a little extra effort to please people. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I fucking love those breaking bad crossover shitposts

Walter casually bodying avengers is peak comedy

You shared this like a week ago, but that’s fine by me. It’s just as funny the second time. XD Walt’s pizza kill is the best. 

My all time favorite is Tuco snorting the Infinity stones and beating up Thanos. 

• Haha 1

The amount of things I could say about Baldur's gate 3 and I'm only now reaching act 3.  I am sitting at 377 hours of playtime with two different playthroughs going and the sheer difference between the two is something I've never seen in a game honestly. 
I feel like I haven't even dented into the surface of what the game has to offer in choices of party dynamic alone and I can't even begin to describe the branches they've done. I really need someone to talk to about this game with XD help.
I've never felt this way about a game before, is this what people felt back when FF7 was brand new?

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Gamescon is happening in a couple hours (Another one of E3's successors) owned by the Dorito Popel, if I see anything cool i'll post it. 

Thanks amigo, any certain companies known to be showing something that stands out by chance? 

Edited by Elden Clown

32 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

Thanks amigo, any certain companies known to be showing something that stands out by chance? 

Don’t know about dates or times, but I heard that Phantom Liberty is supposed to get some coverage if you’re into Cyberpunk. And Assassins Creed Mirage, if that still appeals to anyone in the world besides Balrog and me. XD 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Don’t know about dates or times, but I heard that Phantom Liberty is supposed to get some coverage if you’re into Cyberpunk. And Assassins Creed Mirage, if that still appeals to anyone in the world besides Balrog and me. XD 

I still need to beat Cyberpunk, it's sadly become one of those games I endlessly restart because I forget where I am BUT thankfully with the save I have I know where I am for once when I get back to it. I am just after helping Panam get her car back. 
My dad will be interested in AC:M

• Like 1

As for Mirage, I have always really liked Assassins Creed at its core. Problem is that Ubisoft seems defiantly against actually making Assassins Creed games. XD 

It’s always gotta be some stupid gimmick, like "Assassins… but actually Vikings!", "Assassins… but you run a gang this time!", "NO Assassins in this one, just Greek heroes fighting literal monsters!", etc.

Mirage looks like the first actual Assassins Creed game in well over a decade, so it’s got my attention. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I am in a similar boat. I’ve really liked what I’ve played of Cyberpunk 2077, but it’s such a huge game that I haven’t been able to complete it yet.

Just randomly had this thought as to something that weirdly would get me to play Cyberpunk more. A timer or at least an optional timer mode akin to Dead Rising 1. Part of the reason I struggle playing it is how vast it is and I don't want to just focus on the story so at least for me it'd add replay making me choose what stuff to focus on more or something. Maybe it's timer until you get the chip fixed if you do, I have managed to avoid spoilers to this day :PraisetheSun:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

As for Mirage, I have always really liked Assassins Creed at its core. Problem is that Ubisoft seems defiantly against actually making Assassins Creed games. XD 

It’s always gotta be some stupid gimmick, like "Assassins… but actually Vikings!", "Assassins… but you run a gang this time!", "NO Assassins in this one, just Greek heroes fighting literal monsters!", etc.

Mirage looks like the first actual Assassins Creed game in well over a decade, so it’s got my attention. 

There needs to be another emote for reacting to posts. Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

There needs to be another emote for reacting to posts. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Glad I’m not the only one. XD I don’t even hate every entry that’s like I’m describing. I think Black Flag has some of the best character writing in the series and was legitimately innovative with some of its naval mechanics, so props to it for that; it’s a great pirate game.

But as far as AC goes, I want more emphasis on stealth, planning routes, using tools and the environment, etc. You know, a game about assassinating. I think the series could stand to learn more from games line Hitman and Dishonored.