Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

19 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

GUYS HE WAS A VAMPIRE IT'S FUCKING REALLLLLLLLLLLLL; DRACULAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

https://www.livescience.com/archaeology/vlad-the-impaler-may-have-cried-tears-of-blood-chemical-analysis-of-his-letters-finds

That is cool as fuck lol

So is this, Joshua Graham AI reading HP Lovecraft Stories

Shits creepy tbh, I couldnt place where I heard the voice, then suddenly it hit and I was like hmm its a tad off but i think this is the same voice actor. Then I read the description and saw it was indeed joshua grahams voice, but in AI. 

Creepy creepy creepy

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

8 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That is cool as fuck lol

So is this, Joshua Graham AI reading HP Lovecraft Stories

Shits creepy tbh, I couldnt place where I heard the voice, then suddenly it hit and I was like hmm its a tad off but i think this is the same voice actor. Then I read the description and saw it was indeed joshua grahams voice, but in AI. 

Creepy creepy creepy

Still can't compare to a real audiobook; (Wayne June BTW is the narrator from Darkest Dungeon XD)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This is really good, but I can’t say I like its existence.

Same here, Though to a degree I'm not sure how to feel about all this AI stuff. I find the AI covers of spongebob characters doing songs pretty funny XD but past that I mean even that it's stealing and idk, how long before y'all think there will be laws for this stuff? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elden Clown said:

Same here, Though to a degree I'm not sure how to feel about all this AI stuff. 

I know that voices aren’t afforded the same legal protections as likenesses, but on a moral/principled level I think that it’s very similar. Stealing a man’s voice to create a close imitation of same product that he makes his living producing (in this case, professional-grade readings) just feels icky to me.

It’s like if you own a restaurant, but someone steals all your secret recipes, slightly modifies your name and sign, and opens a nearly-identical restaurant a few miles away. It might just skirt by legally, but it’s still dirty. 

1 hour ago, Elden Clown said:

how long before y'all think there will be laws for this stuff? 

One thing I could see getting addressed pretty quickly is identity theft, which has been used as a legal backdoor to stop voice thieving in the past. But despite the overlap, that’s a whole separate issue.

Weird stuff. Gonna be fun to see where it goes in our lifetimes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s like if you own a restaurant, but someone steals all your secret recipes, slightly modifies your name and sign, and opens a nearly-identical restaurant a few miles away. It might just skirt by legally, but it’s still dirty.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

1692394514246474m.thumb.jpg.915a68e4349c436bbea369c69549c4af.jpg

Hey, ya never know. My second ever ketamine supplier had was a massive PC elitist. The guy wasn’t technically even supposed to talk at all, but he went on for like fifteen minutes about how much consoles are holding back the market. Most inappropriate shit ever.  Luckily, he got replaced pretty quick.

• Haha 1

This guy fucked a six-figure career over a stupid Twitter fight over console wars. What a stupid time to be alive.

Just showing himself in the OR is one thing, but he showed the patient while they were under the gas and posted a close up of their medical records, which I reckon means he won't ever work in medicine again. Enjoy your new career as a burger flipper.

• Haha 3

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

37 minutes ago, Celan said:

but he showed the patient while they were under the gas and posted a close up of their medical records

No way. :rofl: Even in EMS, I feel like half of the training they gave was just dedicated to hammering into our skulls the importance of not violating HIPPA laws. You’re right, there is a very good chance this will cost him his job. 

If you ever needed evidence that degrees aren’t proof of intelligence, there ya have it. 

On 8/10/2023 at 7:57 PM, BigBossBalrog said:

They aren't just consumers; they are producers. It's game devs complaining about a new standard being set that will make there jobs harder XD

Stumbled on a nice video that pretty much sums up my thoughts. Think it’s the same guy you linked a tweet from the other day.

It really reeks of insecurity that so many devs are worried about increasing standards as if that’s a bad thing. XD 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Stumbled on a nice video that pretty much sums up my thoughts. Think it’s the same guy you linked a tweet from the other day.

It really reeks of insecurity that so many devs are worried about increasing standards as if that’s a bad thing. XD 

He loses me at Cyberpunk. I had a smooth, seamless awesome experience from day one on my new but fairly middle of the line home PC. CDPR's mistake was in trying to do too much, not too little. They wanted to make a game on old and new generations of consoles and just should have said old gen was SOL. They are not an example of a lazy developer trying to do the least amount to cash in. That game is a fucking masterpiece, anyone who says otherwise hasn't traveled around Night City and is just repeating ironically lazy YouTuber hate lines. The love and extreme detail put into everything, on a brand new IP, is amazing.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach