Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I don't know if these are doctored, but there pretty hilarious XD

sXKnZKN.png

This one is real; it’s been making the rounds for years.

But I’m pretty sure the others are fake. Pete Hines says some dumb, even occasionally insulting shit, but I don’t think he ever went that hard against the fans. XD 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This one is real; it’s been making the rounds for years.

But I’m pretty sure the others are fake. Pete Hines says some dumb, even occasionally insulting shit, but I don’t think he ever went that hard against the fans. XD 

I mean it's bad enough; this company cared about a "fantasy universe RPG game with talking Lizard people and demons"  making sense  so much they made in universe books to explain the rules and logic of the universe XD

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I mean it's bad enough; this company cared about a "fantasy universe RPG game with talking Lizard people and demons"  used to care about making sense they made in universe books to explain the rules and logic of the universe XD

Agreed. I think my single most hated argument about fiction is the classic: "it has dragons, zombies, and wizards in it and you think it should make sense?!?"

Yeah, bitch, I do. It’s called internal consistency. I don’t think it should follow the rules of the real world, but it damn well should follow its own. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think the tweet was talking about the Ghoul Kid in the trash can XD 

I believe you’re right. It was in response to that, and a particularly nitpicky question about jet existing prewar.

When you’re forcing Lovecraftian deities, I still think that moment is the most infamous in your stewardship of Fallout. 

The problem is that Bethesda kinda sucks at actual Fallout, but they are halfway decent at creating Lovecraftian homages, so the stupid HP Lovecraft stuff ends up being some of the more well-done parts of their games, causing fans to defend it.

So you get Billy the fridge kid as a mascot for how stupidly off-rails Fallout has gotten (despite him just being a silly nonsensical oversight) while shit like full-blown alien invasions, eldritch deities, and an entire race of synthetic body-snatcher "humans" are treated as A-okay. Even though they’re way worse.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

, and an entire race of synthetic body-snatcher "humans" are treated as A-okay. Even though they’re way worse.

The fucking hilarious thing is Metal Gear did this exact plotline, but made it a non-canon parody just for the laughs XD

So you have a case of Hideo Fucking Kojima, the king of insanity, keeping his series more lore consistent then Bethesda and resisting  the temptation:rofl:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Did you know that Bethesda recently released a tabletop prequel to Fallout 4 where the Minutemen went to war with a Lovecraftian god? I’m not kidding.

Apparently that source book got a ton of acclaim for being so well-made; it's like the only effort Beth can put into Fallout is when there's Lovecraft involved XD

The fucking hilarious thing is Metal Gear did this exact plotline, but made it a non-canon parody just for the laughs XD

That’s how Fallout used to do it as well. Random encounters in the old games were loaded with pop culture references that included stuff like aliens, time travel, and godzilla. But they were explicitly jokes not meant to be treated as canon.

Just found out today that I’m missing a ton of awards I’m supposed to have.

I currently have:

1 Army Commendation Medal

1 Army Good Conduct Medal

1 National Defense Service Medal

1 Army Service Medal

I’m supposed to have:

1 Army Achievement Medal

2 Army Good Conduct Medals

1 Global War On Terrorism Service Medal

1 NCO Professional Development Course Medal

1 Army Service Medal

2 Overseas Service Medals

IMG_9529.thumb.png.f923b52ccad4fd74f0af051a4aa24f0f.png

How my dress uniform currently looks

Screensho.thumb.jpeg.89d38e39ce18f676ac5a991900b084e3.jpeg
how is supposed to look lol

• Like 3

Fuck:dntknw:

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Just found out today that I’m missing a ton of awards I’m supposed to have.

I currently have:

1 Army Good Conduct Medal

1 Army Service Medal

I’m supposed to have:

1 Army Achievement Medal

2 Army Good Conduct Medals

1 Global War On Terrorism Service Medal

1 NCO Professional Development Course Medal

1 Army Service Medal

2 Overseas Service Medals

Hide contents

IMG_9529.thumb.png.f923b52ccad4fd74f0af051a4aa24f0f.png

How my dress uniform currently looks

Screensho.thumb.jpeg.89d38e39ce18f676ac5a991900b084e3.jpeg
how is supposed to look lol

Is there some department you can contact to get them? 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Is there some department you can contact to get them? 

I just gotta take a bunch of paperwork to my unit’s personnel department and tell them to put the awards on my record. The issue is literally no one told me I was entitled to these awards until today

Fuck:dntknw: