Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

My bad. Added spoiler tags. Though it’s definitely gonna be illegible gibberish for anyone brand new to the series. 

Appreciate it. And yeah I read it and felt like I was back in history class after i'd zone out for half a minute and it would go from whatever we were on to some wild shit XD

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

Appreciate it. And yeah I read it and felt like I was back in history class after i'd zone out for half a minute and it would go from whatever we were on to some wild shit XD

You see, Readceras was an Aedyran colony that gained its independence when blah blah blah, Saint Waidwen’s invasion of the Dyrwood, blah blah, culminating in the detonation of the Godhammer on Ebony Dewer Bridge, blah blah blah, and that’s why we think babies are being born without souls.

• Haha 1

Actually pretty much my first full party wipe last night. Was in the temple under the first little town and was fighting the shadows on the lower level. Well after probably like my 3rd room and plenty well knowing they are behind every do I try to do something fancy with Aloth.
I walk in, tell him to cast flame hands annnnnnnnd two of the shadows teleport behind him, the other three get in front of him causing them to circle while I run in my paladin and my ranger's lion to try and save him.
Well Aloth dies before they even make it through the door way then they proceed to die as I tell my ranger to run. She did make it away but had no clue how to get my team out of there so I had to reload to the start of the second floor.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elden Clown said:

Was in the temple under the first little town

That temple is a bastard at the start. If it’s too much, I’d recommend reloading to before you went in and recruiting another companion or two, maybe even leveling up again. You’ll probably dog walk it after that.

I say reload instead of just backtracking because Czar apparently ran into a bug (or maybe just an obscure script?) that has the quest giver die if you leave and come back too much later.

For the record, there is another major companion in that town. He works really well as a tank. You can also hire mercenary "adventurer" companions at the local inn if you want extra help.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

Actually pretty much my first full party wipe last night. Was in the temple under the first little town and was fighting the shadows on the lower level. Well after probably like my 3rd room and plenty well knowing they are behind every do I try to do something fancy with Aloth.
I walk in, tell him to cast flame hands annnnnnnnd two of the shadows teleport behind him, the other three get in front of him causing them to circle while I run in my paladin and my ranger's lion to try and save him.
Well Aloth dies before they even make it through the door way then they proceed to die as I tell my ranger to run. She did make it away but had no clue how to get my team out of there so I had to reload to the start of the second floor.

Wait til you have a full party before doing that. Easy to stumble in there at low level and get your ass handed to you.

Doc can confirm because it's been a while for me, but IIRC you can even get your cleric (Durance) and go back.

• Thanks 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

14 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That temple is a bastard at the start. If it’s too much, I’d recommend reloading to before you went in and recruiting another companion or two, maybe even leveling up again. You’ll probably dog walk it after that.

I say reload instead of just backtracking because Czar apparently ran into a bug (or maybe just an obscure script?) that has the quest giver die if you leave and come back too much later.

For the record, there is another major companion in that town. He works really well as a tank. You can also hire mercenary "adventurer" companions at the local inn if you want extra help.

I'll go try to find that major comp really quick next time I load it up and i'll hire another merc as well. Probably shouldn't have gone in there without a full party. Two tanks, a wizard, a ranger and whatever merc I hire. The ranger is hired. 
Funnily enough I think it was the last room on that floor of it but it was really tiny and had 5 maybe 6 of those fuckers just chilling and sipping some ghost tea so I wasn't able to space them out and have half target my paly and the other half target my lion like I had been doing.

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

Wait til you have a full party before doing that. Easy to stumble in there at low level and get your ass handed to you.

Doc can confirm because it's been a while for me, but IIRC you can even get your cleric (Durance) and go back.

Noted. Poor little Aloth didn't deserve what happened to him. 

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Aaaand done.

Halo 2 legendary threatened to break me, but I did it in about two days. Now I have ODST and 4 left to complete legendary runs on.

Would I recommend? No. Was it worth the bragging rights? Yes. Will I do it again on LASO? Fuck off.

I'll join your halo 4 playthrough. 

28 minutes ago, Celan said:

Yeah, I would recruit Edér and Durance and then tackle the place. Edér is in the same town, and Durance is in the region just to the south. They’ll make it a whole lot easier. 

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Good luck if you do man, which one you thinking about doing? Trust me when I say, if it's Halo 2, just do a Heroic run XD

All of them. I’ll probably lose interest and drop off before I finish the first, then pick it back up for a level or two every few months. XD I’ll stick with Legendary; done it before, it’s just been a few years.

Pillars and RE4 are my current "pay attention" games, but Halo is great for me to just kind of autopilot while listening to a YouTube video or something.

• Like 1

Just now, Elden Clown said:

And here I am my only legendary runs being Infinite and I wanna say Halo 3 a long time ago. 

I only played Infinite once, and that was on Heroic. But I feel like it would be the easiest game on Legendary except for like three specific parts where the difficulty spikes to ludicrous levels. Namely, some of those boss fights.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I only played Infinite once, and that was on Heroic. But I feel like it would be the easiest game on Legendary except for like three specific parts where the difficulty spikes to ludicrous levels. Namely, some of those boss fights.

You mean like the Brute Chief who randomly shows up from behind and throws you around like a rag doll XD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You mean like the Brute Chief who randomly shows up from behind and throws you around like a rag doll XD

You talking bout the one in the smallish room with the also two small rooms attached to it? Because that's who I'd say was the only person I struggled on. Big ass brute with a gravity hammer in your face constantly really isn't fun in any Halo XD

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It def is way easier than the other ones simply because way more check points and how they did the mission system compared to the other games because of open world made dying not as annoying. 

3 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

You talking bout the one in the smallish room with the also two small rooms attached to it? Because that's who I'd say was the only person I struggled on. Big ass brute with a gravity hammer in your face constantly really isn't fun in any Halo XD

Yep. He sucks. XD 

I can’t remember any other brute chieftains, or bosses in general, whose arenas were so terribly designed for the fight. Who could’ve guessed that a one-shot-kill melee enemy with tons of health in a tiny room would not make for a fun fight?

• Like 1