Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Curious, out of Master Chief, the Arbiter, Noble 6, and the ODST Rookie, who is y’all’s favorite Halo PC?

@ColonelKillaBee You too. XD 

Love Noble 6 but oddly after recently playing ODST it's a hard 50/50 for Chief and ODST Rookie for me. 
Nothing tops storming in as Chief and destroying waves upon waves of aliens but there was something special about being the normal marine, being venerable and actually feeling like I could die. Don't get me wrong of course Chief can die but not the same has being a marine, seeing a brute and gulping because you're fucked if it get's in your face while Chief is just heh smack smack smack smack. 
I mean there are way more reasons but I can't think of how to get it into words lol.

Edited by Elden Clown
  • Like 1

Amelia Tyler is the VA for the main antagonist in Pathfinder Kingmaker and a companion in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. She does have a nice voice.

• Like 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

1 minute ago, Celan said:

Amelia Tyler is the VA for the main antagonist in Pathfinder Kingmaker and a companion in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. She does have a nice voice.

Also the voice of Malady in DOS2 if I recall correctly. I actually haven't got around to playing the pathfinder games. They any good?

5 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

Also the voice of Malady in DOS2 if I recall correctly. I actually haven't got around to playing the pathfinder games. They any good?

I liked the 1st game a lot, replayed it several times. I haven't finished the 2nd game. I don't like the Crusade mechanic and I got bogged down in a long dungeon. They're both well made but really old school, no hand holding.

• Like 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

4 minutes ago, Celan said:

I liked the 1st game a lot, replayed it several times. I haven't finished the 2nd game. I don't like the Crusade mechanic and I got bogged down in a long dungeon. They're both well made but really old school, no hand holding.

Might give them a peak after Pillar's but have not a clue how it'll take me to finish this. Especially when BG hits.

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Disney's shitty Haunted Mansion reboot bombed really hard; their fourth major theatre release to bomb in a row :rofl:

https://screenrant.com/haunted-mansion-2023-box-office-opening-disney-comparison/

I think there pretty much in a crisis scenario? 

Damn it's almost like no one asked for a reboot/remake/what ever the hell it was. Disney is such a shell.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

We've got the noble sacrifice, hero's journey, redemption, and the everyman. 

I like how he’s mysterious enough to imprint yourself on, but you get just enough snippets of his background to realize that he is on an arc. The shady lone wolf is forced to join a team, learns to value and respect them, then watches them die one-by-one until he’s a lone wolf again, and finally follows in their footsteps by sacrificing himself. 

But the guy’s such a damn professional through it all that it’s easy to miss. XD It’s a simple but good story, and has a lot of punch since the plot doesn’t make him immortal or even lucky.

• Like 1

For my argument besides the fact he's voiced by Keith David; I think I like the Arbiter's arc the most.

You have one of the most unique perspective shifts in gaming; you are the genocidal alien. A proud Covenant Admiral whose responsible for taking out a chunk of the human race, whose brought low, humbled, and turned into a suicidal  shell of their former self. And then after going through a journey of humility (which you get to play and witness), betrayal, and then finally redemption as person whose pretty much respected by everyone

And unlike alot of the other characters; the Arbiter retained his awesomeness and dignity in the contentious new trilogy XD Only character who felt like the same character in Halo 5

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think I like the Arbiter's arc the most.

The introduction of the Arbiter feels like the point where Bungie pivoted to really having a story to tell with serious characters and dramas in it.

Master Chief was originally intended as a blank slate so we can insert ourselves into his shoes, which works really well for him. But Arby had a lot of characterization going on from his very first scene. 

12 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

unlike alot of the other characters; the Arbiter retained his awesomeness and dignity in the contentious new trilogy 

I’ll be honest, I don’t even factor those games into my thinking. XD But you’re right; Arbiter was done much less dirty by 343 than Chief and Cortana were.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think they’re pretty much in a crisis scenario? 

Have been for a while, and it’s only getting worse. They’re trying to sell off big studios just to make a dent in their ridiculous debts, and now there are rumors that they might end up having to sell out entirely. What a colossal fall.

I didn’t even know Haunted Mansion was out. But no surprises there. When was the last time they made something original?

59 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Master Chief no doubt. Hard not to get attached to a character when you play three amazing games with one, plus good books.

Definitely. And by far the strongest dynamic between two characters is Chief and Cortana. I actually liked the decision to hone in on that in Halo 4, just not the story it was wrapped in.