Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Even though I agree, I’d say that 2A is my second favorite Halo to play after Reach. The cutscenes look ridiculously good. 

Aside from some minor nitpicking, like the post Halo 3 trend of smushing the Brute's snout like a bulldog, and the Elites looking kinda weird in the face. It's the perfect visuals.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Y’all remember how ODST just randomly had one of the rawest, most emotional video game trailers of all time?

Good timing, I just finished watching that Halo Legends short The Babysitter. Which if we're going by the lore, that female Spartan should have looked roid raged hormonally supercharged, instead of an animu girl:rofl:

But yeah, the Halo 3, ODST and Reach live action trailers are so good. They put the literal ass tv show to shame

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Good timing, I just finished watching that Halo Legends short The Babysitter. Which if we're going by the lore, that female Spartan should have looked roid raged hormonally supercharged, instead of an animu girl:rofl:

But yeah, the Halo 3, ODST and Reach live action trailers are so good. They put the literal ass tv show to shame

That lore was retconned by Bungie long before Legends XD And Kal looked like a body builder XD

7n1yg56z8s331.jpg

Her off helmet appearance was more artistic license; but meh, anime. In the words of Frank O Connor; "Everyone looks like a babe or a hag.)  

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

we'll soon have a much better alternative to the Anniversary Edition (which I still overall didn't mind)

I find it hard to get mad at the Anniversary Edition when they straight up gave us a toggle button that lets us switch to our preferred version at any time. The MCC really feels like it went out of its way to be a love letter to the Bungie games instead of attempting to one-up them.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I find it hard to get mad at the Anniversary Edition when they straight up gave us a toggle button that lets us switch to our preferred version at any time. The MCC really feels like it went out of its way to be a love letter to the Bungie games instead of attempting to one-up them.

And the went out of there way to fix the shitty Gearbox port they were using for that toggle XD It's a decent remaster that could have used a bigger budget and time. 

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That lore was retconned by Bungie long before Legends XD And Kal looked like a body builder XD

7n1yg56z8s331.jpg

Her off helmet appearance was more artistic license; but meh, anime. In the words of Frank O Connor; "Everyone looks like a babe or a hag.)  

What was retconned?

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Halo after the "Halo: The Fall of Reach" has never kept true to the statement that it was hard to differentiate  female Spartans with male XD

I never said that, didn't even remember that loreXD

They'd still have been pumped full of so many chemicals and body altering shit that they'd not look very feminine in the end. Don't know why that'd be reconned other than to get more redditer fans of the games ;)

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I never said that, didn't even remember that loreXD

They'd still have been pumped full of so many chemicals and body altering shit that they'd not look very feminine in the end. Don't know why that'd be reconned other than to get more redditer fans of the games ;)

It's because most Halo Writers are dudes XD

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's because most Halo Writers are dudes XD

"So hear me out, the men get horrific early induced puberty and excruciatingly painful growing that leaves them looking like a roidded up Arnold Schwarzenegger until they eventually start to grow into it in their later twenties, if they survive long enough."

"And the female Spartans?"

"Oh they come out hot."

"Uh, aren't they like twelve?"

2 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Unlike CE Anniversary graphics, which I don't at all like XD

I do genuinely enjoy 2A's, but sometimes it doesn't translate the atmosphere of the original.

20230801150020_1.thumb.jpg.73418bb67b9a60f8b8323a12dcb6b468.jpg

20230801150026_1.thumb.jpg.9e00e9dd5b59762852f5154bad87fa31.jpg

Oh and falling into the gas giant was way more intense looking in the old one, even if it's less realistic looking. :P

20230801070308_1.thumb.jpg.b8147b92060be7f4a9523277c7c89edc.jpg

20230801070312_1.thumb.jpg.0a84534c69e9ae3ad40c69a1bd45ca9d.jpg

Still think the og gas giant looks like a shitty oil painting. But they don't ruined the smokey room.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

You want to win over the Redditors? Make a game about the Innies and turn them into Communists. 

640px-HM-Innies.png

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Uhm aktchually, she is a Spartan III and didn't go through nearly the same process as their predecessors. 🤓

It's not her body; it's the fucking armor that's shaped like a bikini XD

• Haha 1