Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #39

9 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I feel ya. While I don’t find TOW boring, I think it’s the least interesting world Obsidian has crafted. The only factions I find notably cool or likable are Groundbreaker, SubLight, and the MSI, but none of them can make a big splash in the main quest. So the mechanical depth and solid RPG mechanics have to do a lot of heavy lifting.

The combat was decent, but the enemy variety was so low that it got repetitive pretty quick. For me, one of the most fun things in the game was the dialogue, which there’s a lot of, thankfully.

Hide contents

The story was well-written, but bizarrely black-and-white. Was disappointing to find it boiled down to "corporations evil, science man good". But the DLCs did a much better job of this, I feel. So did the minor questlines in Edgewater and Monarch, for that matter. 

Groundbreaker was cool, but only having one main strip with 5 stores and like 6 quests then just a set peace sucks. I’m hoping Stellar Bay and Fallbrook come through for me

Fuck:dntknw:

16 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Groundbreaker was cool, but only having one main strip with 5 stores and like 6 quests then just a set peace sucks.

Fallbrook has the coolest aesthetic and is run by the coolest faction, so I like it. But I felt similarly about it to how you do about Groundbreaker. Not enough to do there.  

Stellar Bay has more, because it’s run by the MSI, who are a major faction in the Monarch questline. Though once I’m done there, I don’t tend to go back much. I prefer Groundbreaker as a trading hub.

Monarch in general has a ton of content, but little reason to bother with it after you’ve finished all the quests.

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Is Kirkbride still one of TellTale’s lead writers? Cause that would be pretty cool.

I have no idea, I thought telltale was finished. This show and the books are damn good tho so this could be really good

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Please I couldn't deceive Reddit mods into thinking I was a Virtous employee  *awkward laugh* 

I’m taking this as a confirmation that it was you and this will make all the sensationalist YouTube videos about it even funnier

• Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw: