Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

My normie family (I use the term loosely cause they used to be WoW addicts) was bored to tears during the first episodes XD

In similar streaming news; the dark Lord of Amazon has been very upset at his showrunners XD\https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2023-07-05/amazon-ceo-asks-his-hollywood-studio-to-explain-its-big-spending

I've never even heard of most of these shows even though I have Prime. I just re-watch the same five shows, just like I do with video games. It's a sad existence.

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

2 minutes ago, Celan said:

I've never even heard of most of these shows even though I have Prime. I just re-watch the same five shows, just like I do with video games. It's a sad existence.

Huge streaming problem in general is how bad the format is for marketing. Disney recently took off something from plus they made and added in fucking May XD 

https://www.disneyplusinformer.com/disney-originals-crater-and-more-removed-from-disney-globally/

Bubble is about to burst. 

I've been re-watching Mindhunter and mourning that show's demise. The creator "wanted to go on to other projects." He made fucking Umbrella Academy for Netflix, WTF.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Huge streaming problem in general is how bad the format is for marketing. Disney recently took off something from plus they made and added in fucking May XD 

https://www.disneyplusinformer.com/disney-originals-crater-and-more-removed-from-disney-globally/

Bubble is about to burst. 

Plus, you don’t sell views. A million people watching your show doesn’t mean anything if they were already subscribed. They spend a lot of money on these productions, but they don’t bring in enough new subscribers to make the costs worthwhile.

It’s not a very profitable format. Maybe back when there were only one or two options, but now basically everyone is losing money. 

6 minutes ago, Celan said:

I've been re-watching Mindhunter and mourning that show's demise. The creator "wanted to go on to other projects." He made fucking Umbrella Academy for Netflix, WTF.

Do you have any taste for horror? I think Haunting of Hill House is one that you would like. The atmosphere is great and the characters are really well written.

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Do you have any taste for horror? I think Haunting of Hill House is one that you would like. The atmosphere is great and the characters are really well written.

Oh yeah, I've seen that, it's awesome.

• Like 2

And everyone has shit on Netflix (rightfully so), but after a couple of months of there downturn (for the first time in the company's history) they managed to go back to constant growth and stabilize themselves (apparently the highest in a year). Say what you will, but they seem to be doing the best out of everyone, which is crazy

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Did you watch Midnight Mass? By the same director. 

I haven't seen that, where is it?

Watch it blind; its quite a bit more horror focused the Hill House and is very imaginative in it's tropes (don't want to spoil much) XD 

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Netflix. All of Flanagan’s shows were. Though apparently he left them this year and is going to be making horror for someone else soon. 

He was too good for then anyway XD Same for there foreign productions. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And everyone has shit on Netflix (rightfully so), but after a couple of months of there downturn (for the first time in the company's history) they managed to go back to constant growth and stabilize themselves (apparently the highest in a year). Say what you will, but they seem to be doing the best out of everyone, which is crazy

Yeah, love or hate them, through sheer volume of content, Netflix have done a good job of establishing themselves as the sort of "default" streaming service that everyone thinks of first. Kinda like Google did with search engines (ignoring that the gubmint helped make that happen).

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

If I remember he spent alot of his Post World War 2 life bitching how France's....ehem "reputation" of the "Allied Italians" was unfair and it really soured his relations with other countries diplomatically as well as the French themselves XD

Yeah but he was also tanked several gunshots, a bayonet stabbing, and at least one gas attack in the trenches of Verdun, and just kept coming back for more. XD Dude even went out of his way to fight in Poland because the break from WW1 to WW2 was just taking too damn long.  

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah but he was also tanked several gunshots, a bayonet stabbing, and at least one gas attack in the trenches of Verdun, and just kept coming back for more. XDDude even went out of his way to fight in Poland because the break from WW1 to WW2 was just taking too damn long.  

Maybe that's why France was rolled over so badly XD

• Haha 1