Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

11 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

George ;-;

Fuck all of y'all, he's still alive out there XD

Have you read the books? He was ejected into space by the explosion, but grabbed hold of a Covenant carrier when the fleet arrived. He’s been waging a one-man war behind enemy lines ever since.

Yes, even after the war ended. Nobody told him. 

9 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I'm also finally turning framerate to 30fps. For whatever reason, on 60fps the enemies do somewhere around double damage and are insanely aggressive.

I've never heard of framerate causing a bug like that.

Fallout 4’s physics engine is tied to frame rate as well, so on my computer without a mod to fix that issue I can single sprint from sanctuary to the coast and a pipe pistol can kill a legendary mirelurk queen in one shot because my computer runs F4 at like 240fps

• Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw:

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Have you read the books? He was ejected into space by the explosion, but grabbed hold of a Covenant carrier when the fleet arrived. He’s been waging a one-man war behind enemy lines ever since.

Yes, even after the war ended. Nobody told him. 

The long awaited sequel to Cole Protocol, where George links up with Grey Team.

Looks like my "new" PC will be out of recommended spec range for Starfield. Oh well, I'll wait until the bugs get fixed by modders and maybe then I'll sink some cash into hardware again.

I've been replaying Oblivion, send help. XD "I'm gonna get me some Black Bows."

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

Oh, and Seventy Dicks for like 20 minutes, just to see the new update content. Turns out that 20 minutes is all you need to experience all of it. XD 

It’s not even that the new stuff is bad. It is centered on Blue Ridge Caravan Company, which is a faction that I actually like. There’s just very little to it. This game is deader than Pete Hines’s soul when he has to market it. 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

"Tag along if you like!" :Ni:

I haven’t gamed much these last couple weeks, but when I have, it’s been Pillars of Eternity. 

I'll have to play that again too, even if 2 left a bad taste in my mouth.

I start an MBA program in September so won't be doing much vidya anyway.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

17 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Woo, I did it.

Halo Reach legendary run solo, first time too. Now I just have to eventually restart the Halo 2 legendary run ;-;

Nooice!

For me, Halo 2 is the hardest of the trilogy on Legendary (except for the Cortana level, which is an extreme outlier in 3). Particularly towards the end. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

@Celan’s mention of fantasy novels made me think of ASoIaF. XD 

It’s been over eighteen years since Sansa Stark or Samwell Tarly have appeared in a book.

Bran Stark has only been in three chapters since Bill Clinton was in office.

I was born December 1st, 1998. Which characters haven’t appeared in my lifetime?

@Celan’s mention of fantasy novels made me think of ASoIaF. XD 

It’s been over eighteen years since Sansa Stark or Samwell Tarly have appeared in a book.

Bran Stark has only been in three chapters since Bill Clinton was in office.

I probably have mentioned that I went to a book signing for A Dance with Dragons. I had no idea that twelve years on, we would still be waiting for the sequel. Unbelievable.

16 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I was born December 1st, 1998. Which characters haven’t appeared in my lifetime?

A Game of Thrones came out in 1995, A Clash of Kings in 1999, A Storm of Swords in 2000, A Feast of Crows in 2005 and A Dance with Dragons in 2011. It's only on the last few books that he's been bogged down and unenthused about moving it on. 

• Like 3

Just now, Centurion said:

Ned Stark, Viserys Targaryen, Robert Baratheon, Khal Drogo, Renly Baratheon, Maester Luwin, and Qorin Halfhand all died before you were born. 

Benjen Stark has not appeared in your lifetime. 

The list would be a lot longer if you’d been born two years later. Book 3 (out of 5) came out in 2000, and it’s when a bunch of characters were last seen. 

ok, now seeing the timeline I realized that my perception of time is fucking off lmao. I think of 2011 as being like two years ago. Hell 2009 in the MW2 days are like a week old memory. Just now realized that MW2 was 14 fucking years ago :rofl:

11 minutes ago, Centurion said:

ok, now seeing the timeline I realized that my perception of time is fucking off lmao. I think of 2011 as being like two years ago. Hell 2009 in the MW2 days are like a week old memory. Just now realized that MW2 was 14 fucking years ago :rofl:

New Vegas is as old this year as Fallout 1 was when New Vegas came out.

343 has owned Halo longer than Bungie did. @TheCzarsHussar

Yeah man, the early 2000s are ancient history. We gettin’ old. XD