Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ve always heard that 40K is comically high-scale and over-the-top, but this game did a good job of helping me wrap my head around that through its depiction of how OP Ultramarines are. XD The guy you play as is basically Master Chief on super steroids, airdropped in to cleanse an entire planet of demons and heretics all by his lonesome. And there are a thousand more just like him. And yet the forces of Chaos are so incomprehensibly powerful his faction are still the underdogs. :rofl: 

116d51c546bc4a70e3cbc2317998afcb.png

The Tabletop dosen't quite show that scale that well; but alot of the expanded universe stuff does a much better job of showcasing it. 

And then you remember Chaos is just one of a hundred threats that face the Imperium; there's a dozen other races that went the Empire to burn; and you realize what's driven humanity to becoming such fanatical zealots XD

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

116d51c546bc4a70e3cbc2317998afcb.png

The Tabletop dosen't quite show that scale that well; but alot of the expanded universe stuff does a much better job of showcasing it. 

And then you remember Chaos is just one of a hundred threats that face the Imperium; there's a dozen other races that went the Empire to burn; and you realize what's driven humanity to becoming such fanatical zealots XD

This universe is bonkers and I’m here for it. :rofl: I really hope that Henry Cavil’s series turns out good, because I’d love to see something like that done right. 

Not only that but everything you see humanity using in 40k is raggedy, jury rigged, taped together junk compared to what they were using about twenty thousand years prior.

Humanity was the undisputed masters of the galaxy in that era, but then all the chaos shit happened and essentially made space travel impossible due to warp storms.

Humanity regressed so much since then

35 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Not only that but everything you see humanity using in 40k is raggedy, jury rigged, taped together junk compared to what they were using about twenty thousand years prior.

Humanity was the undisputed masters of the galaxy in that era, but then all the chaos shit happened and essentially made space travel impossible due to warp storms.

Humanity regressed so much since then

It’s okay. According to canon, the Emperor starts fixing things back up again as soon as he gets his text-to-speech working.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s okay. According to canon, the Emperor starts fixing things back up again as soon as he gets his text-to-speech working.

I shit you not, TTS despite being a parody and extremely silly had better plot devices than cannon, and was going in a more interesting direction before GW pulled a Nintendo.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I shit you not, TTS despite being a parody and extremely silly had better plot devices than cannon, and was going in a more interesting direction before GW pulled a Nintendo.

I started watching that for the humor, but ended up legitimately invested in the story. I feel so snubbed that we never got to see the Emperor have his fruity Praetorians bitch slap those council leaders, sit them down before his throne, and give them all a stern talking-to like he did his idiot sons. XD 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I started watching that for the humor, but ended up legitimately invested in the story. I feel so snubbed that we never got to see the Emperor have his fruity Praetorians bitch slap those council leaders, sit them down before his throne, and give them all a stern talking-to like he did his idiot sons. XD 

The Fab-Custodes are the best characters :rofl:

But I have a very different view of TTS; hilarious, great as a parody, but there's so much stuff that's fanficy and shouldn't ever be in actual 40k that goes beyond the comedic stuff. 

The state of the universe post Indomitus Crusade and with all the crazy shit happening and all the good GW has been doing with the smaller factions makes me legit think the Canon is as good spot as it's ever been 

Funny you say that; the Primarchs are returning in the newer lore; and Roboute Guilliman, the Primarch of the Ultramarines; basically sat the council down and did exactly that (this was before they tried pulling a coup against the Emperor's son XD) after proclaiming himself Lord-Regent. 

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Funny you say that; the Primarchs are returning in the newer lore; and Roboute Guilliman, the Primarch of the Ultramarines; basically sat the council down and did exactly that (this was before they tried pulling a coup against the Emperor's son XD) after proclaiming himself Lord-Regent. 

Most of my 40K knowledge comes from my unfinished playthrough of the funny pixel marine game and an unfinished text-to-speech fan comedy on YouTube. XD So apologies if I don’t weigh in on these deeper lore discussions. They are way over my head. 

Also, went back and watched that Horus Heresy trailer. That went way too hard for a tabletop commercial. 

• Haha 1

@BigBossBalrog Though to be honest, if that is Horus who is narrating, then I honestly think Text-to-Speech had him down to a T. He really does just seem like the evil intergalactic psychic equivalent of a pouty teenager who’s mad that he got grounded for smoking his dad’s cigarettes and is now lashing out by getting a tattoo and hanging with the trouble makers.

• Haha 2

If your interested there's a thirty books series (that's still going on) thats called the Horus Heresy that details the entire storyline that turned the Imperium into the mess it is today XD And it features all the Primarchs; all with huge daddy issues that spelled disaster.

It's a super daunting universe to get into but it's really fun and unique. The games are a great place to start. 

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

Wagner pmc commander might have just started a civil war in Russia

32 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

We need to have the remaining Romanovs in France rally to the White Russian cause XD

I was just thinking of that; no country's built up more to exploded in civil fucking war violence then Russia XD

Apparently Russian army units are refusing to attack Wagner columns and now there's dozens of videos popping up about attacks. It'll all started when Putin began to purge his mercs yesterday with choppers.