Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

BTW: Elemental and "Secret Wars" are being eaten alive by critics and audiences; it seems Disney's releases have gotten so horrible even the shill critics can no longer stand it XD

But with these two, and Indiana Jones its just flop after fucking flop; they need South Park Mickey to come back quick. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

BTW: Elemental and "Secret Wars" are being eaten alive by critics and audiences; it seems Disney's releases have gotten so horrible even the shill critics can no longer stand it XD

Those shill critics are clout chasers. They praised unbelievably bad shows when it was popular and rewarding, and now they’re shitting on them because it is finally safe and trendy to do so. I’d bet money that Secret Wars is less awful than Loki or Falcon and the Winter Soldier, which the critics liked despite being dumpster fires.

Oh I watched some of Loki; and I liked elements of it (Old Loki and Gator Loki) but it was like watching scattered parts of it; heard the full thing was dissapointing 

Falcon I watched the first episode and it wasn't my thing. I was expecting something like the first two Captain America movies XD

If you want to cleanse your comicbook movie palate of cape shit, do what I did recently and celebrate the legendary Ray Stevenson’s life by booting up the 2008 Punisher: Warzone.

It’s 100 minutes of Titus Pullo just testing out the Bloody Mess perk on a bunch of mobsters with 0 mercy or fucks given. Awesome movie. 

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If you want to cleanse your comicbook movie palate of cape shit, do what I did recently and celebrate the legendary Ray Stevenson’s life by booting up the 2008 Punisher: Warzone.

It’s 100 minutes of Titus Pullo just testing out the Bloody Mess perk on a bunch of mobsters with 0 mercy or fucks given. Awesome movie. 

I nominate just watching Titus Pullo kill Roman criminals in Rome again instead of Marvel IP's XD (That sounds fun though) 

If you want to watch something equally as badass; watch Dog Soldiers; it's Lucius Vorenus and Davos Seaworth leading a group of British Army troopers into a forest and being hunted by fucking Werewolves 

b2761dd3315cdd61193082099e758184.gif

tumblr_puoye0ip9P1ws13fzo4_r1_540.gif

dog-soldiers-hammer.gif

36 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I nominate just watching Titus Pullo kill Roman criminals in Rome again instead of Marvel IP's XD (That sounds fun though) 

Well yeah, nothing beats Rome and it’s always a good time for a rewatch. But after you finish that…

This is back in the pre-Disney Blade-era Marvel, when comicbook movies could still have guns and practical effects and be R-rated gorefests. XD 

As a fellow fan of hilariously over the top action, I challenge to watch this without grinning like an idiot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Well yeah, nothing beats Rome and it’s always a good time for a rewatch. But after you finish that…

This is back in the pre-Disney Blade-era Marvel, when comicbook movies could still have guns and practical effects and be R-rated gorefests. XD 

As a fellow fan of hilariously over the top action, I challenge to watch this without grinning like an idiot.

That was pretty cool till he start swirling around on the fucking chandelier like Steve Segal :rofl: (and it became awesome again when I killed someone with a chair leg) And then I saw Will Ferrell, and I was like "this fucking screams mid 2000's" Looks like a riot XD

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That was pretty cool till he start swirling around on the fucking chandelier like Steve Segal :rofl: (and it became awesome again when I killed someone with a chair leg) And then I saw Will Ferrell, and I was like "this fucking screams mid 2000's" Looks like a riot XD

One of the most unintentionally hilarious things in the movie is that those two mobsters who escaped later host another meeting beneath a big chandelier like that. You’d think they’d know better. XD 

50 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

New FF game got a great reception except for the usual outliners XD Polygon's complaints were pretty much the same.  They actually lowered there review scores because the game had no "Africans" :rofl:

Discount Jon Snow is a little too anime for my taste, which is weird because most other characters looked fine. But overall I thought it looked pretty decent from that video you shared last week. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Discount Jon Snow is a little too anime for my taste, which is weird because most other characters looked fine. But overall I thought it looked pretty decent from that video you shared last week. 

To be fair he's fifteen when the prologue takes place :rofl: He reminds me of some weird composite of Jon and Robb. He's the "unfavorite" tormented by his mother who joins a conscripted penal legion, but he's the legit heir of his father and has that "young wolf" vibe. 

16 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Started playing Boltgun; holy fuck I can't stop pressing the Taunt Button XD Game feels very fun though; plays like some of the older DOOM titles with modern bells and whistles. 

Yeah, it is a blast. It took me three levels to realize there was a taunt button. Now I’ve got the same issue. XD "FOR THE EMPEROR!"

I’ve always heard that 40K is comically high-scale and over-the-top, but this game did a good job of helping me wrap my head around that through its depiction of how OP Ultramarines are. XD The guy you play as is basically Master Chief on super steroids, airdropped in to cleanse an entire planet of demons and heretics all by his lonesome. And there are at least a thousand more elite ones just like him, and millions of "normal" Space Marines who still make UNSC Spartans look like starry-eyed cadets. And yet the forces of Chaos are so incomprehensibly powerful his faction are still the underdogs. :rofl: 

• Haha 1