Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

I remember us talking about how stupid it was for the Numenorians not to be depicted having a slave Empire; but in FF16 there's a really messed up moment, were the MC stumbles on a slave caste member in the castle, and its shown even their kingdom has them, no matter how well his father treats them compared normally; was cool world building XD

This is cool. Being the aviation expert that I now am XD I have wanted to try MS Flight Simulator. It would be fucking cool to fly an ornithopter, but it would just make me want that real Dune RPG all the more.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

The author of Blood Meridian, the Road, and No Country for Old Men passed away :( Cormac McCarthy; contribued a ton to the Western and Post-Apocalypse  genres, guy was a writing genius. 

I wonder if anyone has the balls to finally make a Blood Meridian movie. 

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The author of Blood Meridian, the Road, and No Country for Old Men passed away :( Cormac McCarthy; contribued a ton to the Western and Post-Apocalypse  genres, guy was a writing genius. 

Never read any of that stuff, don't even think I've seen No Country for Old Men. I aught to change that 

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I saw that. Sad day.

Studios have attempted Blood Meridian in the past. I think even Ridley Scott took a crack at it once. But it’s just too hard to adapt.

Honestly, can’t say I blame them for shelving it. That is one of the rawest, most gruesome books out there. American theaters wouldn’t show it because it would easily surpass the R rating if done right. 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I saw that. Sad day.

Studios have attempted Blood Meridian in the past. I think even Ridley Scott took a crack at it once. But it’s just too hard to adapt.

Honestly, can’t say I blame them for shelving it. That is one of the rawest, most gruesome books out there. American theaters wouldn’t show it because it would easily surpass the R rating if done right. 

I remember reading people said the same about Hearts of Darkness XD

And when they finally did it; it literally drove the production crew fucking insane; the Director (Francis Ford Coppola) in attempting suicide at least three times, and Martin Sheen almost dying of a hear attack. I would imagine to get it done right, you'd need a similar descent into insanity. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I remember reading people said the same about Hearts of Darkness XD

And when they finally did it; it literally drove the production crew fucking insane; 

At least they could film it in America instead of an actively-being-war-torn jungle. XD 

I don’t know who they could even find to play the Judge. I feel like a role like that would just about require an actor to put himself in a really dark place to do it right.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

At least they could film it in America instead of an actively-being-war-torn jungle. XD 

I don’t know who they could even find to play the Judge. I feel like a role like that would just about require an actor to put himself in a really dark place to do it right.

I literally don't know anyone but a brought back from the dead Marlon Brando doing it justice XD

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I literally don't know anyone but a brought back from the dead Marlon Brando doing it justice XD

After his performance as in Dune, I think Stellan Skarsgard could maybe play the role. He’s not as large and imposing without CGI, but you’d have a hard time finding someone who is but can also act.

20 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

After his performance as in Dune, I think Stellan Skarsgard could maybe play the role. He’s not as large and imposing without CGI, but you’d have a hard time finding someone who is but can also act.

Funny you bring him up; because Brando's portrayal of Kurtz reminded me a ton of the Duke in Dune. 

Untitled-design-3-3-scaled.jpg

• Like 1

I finished the Broken Empire trilogy by Mark Lawrence. Really, really good. Has spoiled me for any other fantasy, I think.

I wouldn't recommend it to everyone because it's very dark in spots, but not unrelentingly so.

• Thanks 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

2 hours ago, Celan said:

I finished the Broken Empire trilogy by Mark Lawrence. Really, really good. Has spoiled me for any other fantasy, I think.

I wouldn't recommend it to everyone because it's very dark in spots, but not unrelentingly so.

It finished strong, then? Okie dokey. I’m gonna have to look into this one.