Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

I was at the book store recently and I remembered the Rolad Dahl and Goosebumps stuff and realized what's going to happen eventually now that Amazon has alot of the publishing rights: so I bite the bullet and got the the deluxe illustrated versions; really pretty books XD

20230611_193159.thumb.jpg.647fa3e296c3f6d8a5c39a56614ed9b8.jpg

Once I get an itch for High Fantasy I'll give em a read

• Like 2

BTW: I recently got the final cut anniversary edition of Apocalypse Now. 

17419409.jpg

I saw the movie with my Dad a decade ago; I remember liking it, but I didn't recall much of it so it was a fresh experience.

Holy fuck; I've never seen another movie that showcases how lacking the industry is right now. I might be riding off the high of such a insane experience, but I honestly might replace one of my top three movies with it. Been obsessed and thinking about it nonstop since I watched it.   

• Like 1

No concrete news, but I just watched ign’s interview with Todd Howard and the interviewer actually did a good job with questions and what they got out of Todd was that another 8 years between games is not what they want, and based on Todd’s age, TES 6 is likely the last game he will work on before he retires, he’s currently 53 so let that work in you brains

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

Also an interesting thing Todd said was that he was exploring a planet when I sandstorm rolled in, he was running away when an enemy shipped landed and attacked him, he boarded the ship and as he was fighting the ship took off back into space. Which he didn’t know was a feature until that point which sounds very very fucking interesting

Fuck:dntknw:

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

They released some gameplay for Star Wars Outlaws. Segment looks really scripted but still, they probably should've led with this. 

Huh; that actually looks pretty good. It reminds me alot of Uncharted; just alot more open. 

I would have prefered a more...hardened criminal, but the MC dosen't seem bad. I would have expected a more Han Solo-esque character, but they seem a lot more "wide-eyed"

I love the fact her sidekick is a reprogrammed Commando droid. The settings seem very varied. 

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I would have prefered a more...hardened criminal, but the MC dosen't seem bad. I would have expected a more Han Solo-esque character, but they seem a lot more "wide-eyed"

I almost said the same thing, but felt like I've been so negative lately that I decided to wait and see if one of y'all would say it first. So thanks for that. XD 

But yeah, completely agreed. It's kind of the same problem I had with Jin Erso in Rogue One. You're giving me this supposedly rough 'n tumble outlaw lady but she's written and performed like a quirky college girl. Even when she pulled a gun on that Imperial, she just had no grit or "edge" to speak of.

Hopefully this is early and that changes as the game goes on, but I kinda doubt it. I don't get "Andor" vibes from this. But man, wouldn't that be a nice surprise?

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I love the fact her sidekick is a reprogrammed Commando droid.

A Commando droid in a trench coat at that! :lol: Kinda had me wishing we could play as that thing. 

@BigBossBalrog Mirage gameplay is out as well. 

Eh, to be honest it looks underwhelming. I like the setting a lot. The world and atmosphere seem like exactly what I'd have hoped for. But the gameplay doesn't seem to do much of anything that hasn't been done many times before at this point. In fact, it still looks worse than Unity. The free running actually seems kinda sluggish by AC standards. 

One highlight though is the music. Specifically at the end after he kills the target. I the that epic Middle Eastern OST that kicks in there. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog Mirage gameplay is out as well. 

Hide contents

Eh, to be honest it looks underwhelming. I like the setting a lot. The world and atmosphere seem like exactly what I'd have hoped for. But the gameplay doesn't seem to do much of anything that hasn't been done many times before at this point. In fact, it still looks worse than Unity.

One highlight though is the music. Specifically at the end after he kills the target. I the that epic Middle Eastern OST that kicks in there. 

I saw it already; I still think it's more appealing then all of the RPG games; but yeah certainly underwhelming when I was hoping for a full circle back. Like they took Origins main style of gameplay and added some more "traditionally" AC stuff. 

I think I can tolerate an "RPG-lite" AC if the atmosphere, setting, and story are done right, and from what i've seen in that, I think there doing a great job. I can see there at least trying to go back to social stealth

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I saw it already; I still think it's more appealing then all of the RPG games; 

Oh yeah, no contest. This actually looks like AC for the first time in many years. Hell, it looks the most like AC since the Ezio days. And I'll be happy if they cut out the RPG stuff almost entirely. Just focus on making a really good stealth/free running game with some difficult combat and a few skills and gear we can upgrade and I'll be happy. I don't want my character or the guards to have "levels" or any of that shit. Thankfully, that looks like how it's gonna be.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh and the new Avatar game is literally reskinned Farcry :rofl:

But honestly, with all the crazy ass fauna and sci-fi tech it could be really fun.

I'd consider it if I could be the humans and have like a "Predators" thing going on. But playing as one of the smurfs just seems lame as hell. XD Those movies kinda sucked anyway so I'm not really interested in exploring that world.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I'd consider it if I could be the humans and have like a "Predators" thing going on. But playing as one of the smurfs just seems lame as hell. XD Those movies kinda sucked anyway so I'm not really interested in exploring that world.

You want to play a bunch of amoral space Afrikaners PMC's that pillage peaceful planets for a corporation  XD

Cause I would. 

Pandora, in my opinion, is about the only thing remotely worthwhile in the Avatar universe XD The writing, characters, and story suck balls, but I always thought the sci fi world was beautifully realized. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You want to play a bunch of amoral space Afrikaners PMC's that pillage peaceful planets for a corporation  XD

Abso-freakin-lutely XD 

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Pandora, in my opinion, is about the only thing remotely worthwhile in the Avatar universe XD The writing, characters, and story suck balls, but I always thought the sci fi world was beautifully realized. 

Agreed with all of this.